Just got given a pair of Vandersteen 2ce signatures

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Jasonb, Jun 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

You have to also remember that you probably won't have the "perfect room" either, no matter what speakers you own. Don't worry about it, and maybe if you drive out to audition them, the guy can have them set up like he usually does (or did).

And I would most definitely see if bringing the Peachtree is okay - when you're interested in buying a guitar amplifier from someone, there's nothing wrong with bringing your own guitar, so...

2. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

You are correct about not having perfect room. That is a work in progress.

I will take my amp along to demo the speakers.

3. timind

timind phorum rezident

The Vandies are wonderful speakers. IME they do need to be set up properly to get the most out of them but that's not a difficult task. Sweetspot Shmeetspot, while they do sound great when in the sweet spot, they also sound wonderful for casual listening in a less strict setting.
    I say, take $650 in cash with you, if you like what you hear flash it at the seller.

chili555 and 500Homeruns like this.
  4. 500Homeruns

Should I be concerned that the speakers are almost 15 years old (2001)? Anything I should keep an eye/ear out for?

5. Combination

I really doubt it. Mine are from around 2003, and nothing has ever given me pause at all.

Only thing I could think of would be seeing if the cloth has been used by cats (it's fairly common)...

6. 500Homeruns

I didn't even think about cats. My wife is really allergic. I hope he does not have (or had) any cats.

7. Combination

This would just be more about the cloth having visual wear. A Dirt Devil will take care of whatever's on there, or a lint roller.

8. gingerly

gingerly Change Returns Success

For $300, I would snap these up and decide if they are for you later. You could certainly pass them on for more than that later.

They were an AMAZING speaker in their time, and have held up well in comparison to todays speakers.

9. 500Homeruns

Glad I listened to you guys and bought the 2CE Signatures! They sound amazing.

Before I start a new thread, does anybody know where I can get some carpet spikes for the stands? I have concrete under my carpet and the stands currently just have some bolts in for adjusting.

tiger roach likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.