Best "tracks 7" on a George Harrison album (please read the rules before voting)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Fortuleo, Feb 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bunglejerry

bunglejerry Forum Resident

I presume that is not a typo but a factual description, yes?

Having said that, I love George's vocals on that track. Too bad he ever got over whatever he had when he recorded that.

2. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Glad to see Dark Horse leading the poll so far. I love that song, especially the new bonus track version from 2014.

3. bagofsoup

bagofsoup Forum Resident

Stuck inside a Cloud
    Dark Horse
    The Art of Dying

4. Fortuleo

Fortuleo Used to be a Forum Resident Thread Starter

Does someone know if it's true ? Dhani would have said it in an interview about Brainwashed, but I've never read it myself. I'm not sure this list backs the theory up in a completely convincing way, but I can definitely see how one could make a case about each of these songs.

Your comment made me listen again with open ears (and with the Eric Idle video) and you are right. It does sound like a treatise on Harrisonesque arrangements and slide guitar stylings.

linclink likes this.
  5. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Good old George certainly didn't regard track 7 as being the key to sequencing a good album did he!

Behind That Locked Door
    Devil's Radio

6. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

"Can't Stop Thinking About You" and "Dark Horse"

7. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

That legend is based on something Dhani says in the Brainwashed EPK (at 5:21) regarding "Stuck Inside a Cloud": "My dad's favorite number was 7, and a lot of things that he did were according to the number 7, whether he meant it or not. And that was the highest honor I could have given a track on the album was to put it track 7. It's my favorite, that track. I love it."

bagofsoup likes this.
  8. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

Art of Dying
    Unknown Delight
    Stuck Inside a Cloud

9. Fortuleo

When listening to these lists of songs, I'm really surprised about how George voice changed over the years, and not in a linear way. Could be because of circumstances or his addictions at one point or another, but it also seems to be a question of self-confidence (his voice incredibly more assured on Cloud 9 than on Gone Troppo, for instance).

10. bagofsoup

bagofsoup Forum Resident

Actually, Steve Vai felt this way about his track 7's. He always sequenced his albums that track 7 was his most emotional performance on the record. He released a compilation called The Seventh Song that showcased these previously-released songs together. He pre-Fortuleo'd Fortuleo!

11. Fortuleo

This is fantastic, ahah, I didn't know that! It makes me think of this friend of mine who put together the "best 111th page award", a price given to, you guessed it, the best 111th page of a novel, each and every year!

linclink and bagofsoup like this.
  12. blutiga

blutiga Forum Resident

This track 7 poll is annoying. These are all songs that I could have voted for on any given day.

Fortuleo and TonyACT like this.
  13. andy75

andy75 Forum Resident

Behind That Locked Door
    Devils Radio
    Stuck Inside A Cloud

I must have missed round six! Oh well. Life goes on.

14. TonyACT

TonyACT Boxed-in!

Art of Dying and Dark Horse I like the most.

Went with The Lord Loves The One as my wild card; I like the bit about whatever you do's going to come back on you.

15. blutiga

blutiga Forum Resident

That songs got some of George's best slide guitar on it.

TonyACT likes this.
  16. WilliamWes

WilliamWes Likes to sing along but he knows not what it means

"Stuck Inside a Cloud" is a beautiful autobio song that I really thought would be a hit at the time of George's passing. I know many like "Rising Sun" or "Any Road" better, but it was the first song I heard right around the time "Brainwashed" was released, and I thought it was primetime George. I was impressed with the rest of the album as well and I think it's his 2nd best album. If this was released in the 70's, there would have been a much bigger audience for it.

blutiga, andy75 and Fortuleo like this.
  17. Fortuleo

Looks like Dark Horse is gonna win this. But for the second spot we have 4 songs (FOUR) in three points !!

linclink likes this.
  18. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

Please let it not be an ATMP song for once...

19. Fortuleo

Still a few hours to make a decision…

At least only once did the two ATMP songs win, so far…

20. Fortuleo

21. longaway

longaway Senior Member

Missed the poll, but would have voted Dark Horse & Devil's Radio.

22. Fortuleo

23. Marvin

Marvin Senior Member

I missed this round. I would have voted for "That Which..." though it wouldn't have made much of a difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.