Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Mooserfan

Mooserfan Forum Resident

Well, the boxes are now down to $50.

2. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

link please.

3. Mooserfan

Mooserfan Forum Resident

jeffreybh likes this.
  4. azjvm05

azjvm05 Forum Resident

I know.... I need to call and see if they'll refund me a couple dollars. I got my box set last night. The plastic wrap was still on it, but torn a bit. It had a 'Amazon inspected' sticker on the plastic wrap. The packaging was good. The corners were all sharp. It looked like it had never been looked at. There was a slight crease on the slip case holding the concert blu ray disc. But the discs all played great and also looked unplayed. I'm very happy.

5. azjvm05

azjvm05 Forum Resident

There's a bunch of used Beatles 1+ blu ray / cd sets used on Amazon too around $30. They've been dropping in price all week.

6. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

Seems to be a pretty common thing with Amazon Warehouse deals these days. If they get several of an item in stock, they gradually drop the price day by day until they are gone. Gets to be kind of a chicken game if you are looking to get it at the lowest price before they are gone.

Mooserfan and azjvm05 like this.
  7. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

Listening now. Side 1: off center for sure, but not really noticeable sound wise. Side 2 is fine. For the price, I'll keep it.

patient_ot likes this.
  8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

You get a small number of courtesy price adjustments over the life of your Amazon account and then no more. You're gonna waste one fur a couple of bucks?

mikeyt and ARK like this.
  9. Mooserfan

Mooserfan Forum Resident

I bought it at $58, was down to $46 today; they credited me the $12 without any hassle. Still, it makes me wonder how low these could go...

10. Mooserfan

Mooserfan Forum Resident

Not to keep going on about this, but there's a "used like new" for 50 bucks on the site. Given the condition is probably close to pristine, that is truly a steal.

ARK likes this.
  11. bt1098

bt1098 Forum Resident

12. Dan

Dan Senior Member

I went for that one! :righton:

Mooserfan likes this.
  13. stinsojd

stinsojd Senior Member

Thank you, Mooserfan, for the heads up about these boxes!

I picked up a "Used Like New" factory sealed version for $46.46. It arrived today. The factory shrinkwrap was fully intact with the hype sticker on the front. The shrink was a bit wrinkled and torn in a few places, but the actual merchandise is 100% perfect. What a great deal! I've always loved this album, and I wanted this box -- but it just seemed a bit too expensive for what you actually get. However, $50 for 2 blu-rays, the bonus tracks CD (which I am listening to now and cannot believe the quality!), the submitted but withdrawn single album version mix (very interesting insight to how the final version was born -- and how much better it became), and finally -- the picture book that is actually quite interesting to read and browse -- is a GREAT deal. The other items (the remastered 2CD original album and the copy of Bruce's songwriting notebook) are just icing on the cake.

superstar19 and Mooserfan like this.
  14. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

So glad to hear this! I pulled the trigger yesterday morning and should have it tomorrow. Price went up a few dollars, ($49.28), still sounds like a great bargain. The River is actually my least favorite Bruce album, but more than worth it for the blu rays and outtakes.

azjvm05 likes this.
  15. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

I grabbed a "Used - Like New - Sealed" version of the "River Collection" for $46.88 and it arrived today. Looks to be in perfect shape! Great deal!
    [​IMG]

azjvm05 likes this.
  16. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

17. Dan

Dan Senior Member

My Springsteen said "Used-Like New-Factory Sealed" when I bought it and is was in fact not sealed at all. I don't see any evidence of handling on the discs. It has a little tear at the bottom of the box I guess. A little concerning, but I'm glad the price was right.

azjvm05 likes this.
  18. harmonica98

harmonica98 Senior Member

My River 'Used - Very Good' came through today from ImportCDs via Amazon - Warehouse deals are not available to those outside the US. For those in Europe considering the deal, the damage was quite a bad punch to the back of the box which just about carried through to the back of the book. So, not great condition but I am mainly in for the content so am happy - thanks to the OP on this deal.

19. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

20. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

Got my River box today. No shrinkwrap. The box itself was in VG+ condition. Not perfect but 100% acceptable. The discs and everything else inside was mint and looks completely unplayed. Awesome deal.

azjvm05 likes this.
  21. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I am wondering is some of these are returns due to faulty packaging? Whatever, it nice to see people getting good deals.

azjvm05 likes this.
  22. Mooserfan

Mooserfan Forum Resident

Mine came, overall great, still in shrink wrap and with some corner dings that are no big deal (I've got to say though, the package it was shipped in was beat to hell and almost gave me a heart attack!). I'm glad it's been working out for people. The price has climbed upward but it's so volatile, it's hard to predict (camel camel camel helped me a lot). But the mystery of where these are coming from still exists!

Now if only his concert ticket price could be cut in half too...

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    Clark V Kauffman likes this.
  23. Ivand

Ivand Forum Resident

What? I rushed to buy them before being released. Great price.

24. inspiracy

inspiracy Senior Member

The Zombies’ Still Got That Hunger (Amazon Exclusive CD + Tote bundle) is $7.81. (Or you can order it without the tote bag and pay $11.19. !)

http://amzn.to/212Liqw

anthontherun and Davidmk5 like this.
  25. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

Mine came yesterday. It seemed like it was in perfect shape. The shrinkwrap had a tear but otherwise looked perfect. Thanks for the heads up.