Best Record Stores in Seattle?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Thermionic Vinyl, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thermionic Vinyl

Thermionic Vinyl Analogue Guru Thread Starter

Hi, I'm going to be in the Seattle area in a few days and I'm wanting to find a nice record store while I'm in town. Can anyone recommend a store with good vinyl new and used?

2. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

3. Raunchnroll

Raunchnroll Senior Member

North of Downtown: Jive Time (Fremont district) - Golden Oldies (just west of University District) - Neptune Music, Al's Music (in the U-District)
    Sonic Boom, Bop St. (Ballard).

Downtown: Holy Cow Records (Pike Place Market) Everyday Music , Zion's Gate, Wall of Sound (all on Capitol Hill just east of downtown)

South of downtown: Silver Platters (just south of Safeco field) and Georgetown Records (in Goergetown)

West Seattle: Easy Street.

4. Cooly McDuck

Cooly McDuck Forum Resident

Silver Platters in SoDo is my go to. Easy Street in West Seattle is fun and you can eat in the cafe. Jive Time in Fremont is small but a gold mine.

Bop Street in Ballard will blow your mind, but so will some of the prices. The sheer volume of music in that place is incredible. Talk with Dave if he's in the shop--he's guaranteed to have a good story or a hot take about whatever music you're holding at the time. Huge, huge, huge selection at Bop Street.

Stone Turntable and steelydanguy like this.
  5. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

This.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.