Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

*amazingly rich. Grr...I hate catching typos after the time window for edits has elapsed!

2. tyinkc

tyinkc Senior Member

No biggie!! Love your system, particularly the PrimaLuna amp!

Bachtoven likes this.
  3. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Can't believe Patricia Barber is still playing there! My girl, (wife now), used to go see her every Monday night, I think it was, for a $2.00 cover. Just here and her fine bass player behind the bar...on the little stage, not the main stage.
    The Kingston Mines on Lincoln. I was a regular there three or four times a week. Every Sunday and Monday for sure, for the "All Pro Jam" (Monday?) that started at midnight. Get there about 11:00 or 12:00 after work, have a beer with Doc, and then Frank would get up on the stage and do his "Layla" on the keyboard to start the Pro Jam.
    Andy's was great, Oz was good until it closed. The Deja Vu on Sunday nights...especially when they had that scruffy looking sax player front the house band. He was awesome!
    And of course, the Green Mill on any night that Stan was behind the bar.

Mlle. Aurora likes this.
  4. Mlle. Aurora

Mlle. Aurora Señor Member

Oh, come on, get that thing out of its box :righton:

mwb, Gavinyl, JMT and 2 others like this.
  5. inperson

inperson Senior Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got rid of my wall shelves. I took two and screwed them to the wall behind my tv.

Kostas, oboogie, Steve0 and 45 others like this.
  6. Art K

Art K Retired but not tired!

Awesome!!!

7. gryphongryph

gryphongryph Forum Resident

))) no problem, I have been thinking about the Dali, Dynaudio C1 and the Harbeth 30.1
    Will have a hifi room later this year and think that my Amphion Xenon will be too big for the new room.
    Have something to look forward too I guess.

8. james

james Summon The Queen

i want to hear Tago Mago on that. awesome!

heimska, Mad shadows, Gavinyl and 2 others like this.
  9. inperson

inperson Senior Member

I prefer Ege Bamyasi :p

10. BlackPearl

BlackPearl Forum Resident

Totally wow!

11. let him run...

let him run... Senior Member

…and you have a rifle with a bayonet in the corner. There must be a story to tell in that!

12. inperson

inperson Senior Member

No story, just an old Russian Mosin Nagant. A few years ago these were imported by the thousands and were cheap. They are still not expensive but the prices are starting to go up.

13. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Wow ...that's a beauty!

14. Denti

Denti Forum Resident

So nice. What are the speakers?

15. inperson

inperson Senior Member

Opera-Consonance M15

16. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

It's REALLY good!

[​IMG]

17. Music1212

Music1212 Forum Resident

Sweet....

18. lonelysea

lonelysea Ban Leaf Blowers

Look closely and you'll see my (vintage!) B&W loudspeakers. Cables run through the walls and floor to the next room where all the home theater stuff is. Kind of a shame to put the beautiful (in my opinion) Yammie components on a rack system like this, but it keeps things clean and simple.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oboogie, eddiel, sfoclt and 41 others like this.
  19. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Great pics!

alan967tiger and PhilBiker like this.
  20. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

Beautiful room and beautiful equipment. Where's the rack? In a storage room? If it's visible in a living area, I recommend trim strips!

http://customavrack.com/products/1162-middle-atlantic-ts-black-powder-coated-trim-strip.aspx

I have some standard powdercoat trim strips on my home theater rack. They clean up the appearance HUGELY.

Super old pics (the only equipment still in that rack today is the MD player, LD player, and component video switch! - this is from before I had a Blu-Ray player and illustrates that I need to add wood trim around the outside), but they illustrate the idea:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  21. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

I love it!

Lovely old B&W's in a beautiful room. ...and those Yamaha pieces are gorgeous!

How about a nice game of chess?

PhilBiker likes this.
  22. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

Absolutley love it! Some of my favorite B&W speakers and the new Yamaha equipment, just a great, great look. Half Moon Bay, you are in the beautiful part of the country indeed. Really cool equipment, really cool room, take one more pic, looking over the balcony when it begins to get dark, wide angle if you please.

Ron P. and PhilBiker like this.
  23. lonelysea

Thanks for the compliments, guys. Not a real listening room, per se (concrete floors!), but the sound is nice and can be enjoyed by several people, especially with a nice fire going.
    @PhilBiker: the rack is Middle Atlantic and is hidden behind cabinet doors in the next room (the TV room). At some point I'll post pics of that and the ridiculous "spice rack drawers" that I house my CDs in.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    PhilBiker likes this.
  24. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

White square should be at right though, right? ....or are you trying to throw your opponent off?

25. lonelysea

I don't even play! My kids are the chess freaks. I hadn't even noticed that someone had made their first move until after I took the pic.