Paul McCartney Writes New Music For Skype "Love Mojis"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by 5th-beatle, Feb 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeah, I think most people pronounce it "moooooooooog," even though that's wrong.

Johnny Reb and theMess like this.
  2. backseat

backseat Italian translator - Paul McCartney's 'The Lyrics'

Radio One Jingle (1983)

3. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

I'm logged in to Skype right now and I can't find these sounds anywhere. Do I have to be on a call with someone for them to appear? :confused:

4. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Interesting, that riff is VERY similar (but subtly different) to the intro to "I Love This House". I wonder if it evolved from this jingle!?

theMess and backseat like this.
  5. backseat

Could be. The great game (at least for me...) with Paul's songs is discovering "cross references", similarities and self-quotations!

Billy Budapest, theMess and OobuJoobu like this.
  6. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

Or even further back - Hello Picadilly from 1974: https://clyp.it/fo5a5rt0/widget

7. Reader

Reader Senior Member

What is a good "sound grab program" to use for something like this or any streaming audio?

I do like these the more I listen to the samples. Catchy.

8. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

Audacity is the one I use for just this type of thing...

Billy Budapest and Reader like this.
  9. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

It depends on the sound card. It seems many newer sound cards won't allow recording via Audacity, which is a pain!

10. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

Really? I've used it on PCs and my Mac at home with no issues (although for recording on the Mac you need to also download the Soundflower plugin to make it work)

11. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Yeah, I noticed that too. Any workarounds or programs that will record better?

12. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

I wish I knew an answer! On the one hand it's caused me no end of inconvenience, on the other I'm now breaking far fewer copyright laws than I used to!

13. Buick6

Buick6 Forum Resident

Yes or a chat. If you want to see them and you don't want to call anyone, when skype is open (I use skype for web but it should be the same) just click on new and select conversation. Once a conversation is open it will ask you to give it a name and confirm, and though it has 0 participants you will have a chat box at the bottom of your screen and there will be 3 options/icons next to it - if you mouse over them these are send photos/files, send contacts, and emoticons - these are to the left of the send or blue arrow button.

Click on emoticons and on the bottom row there will be a red love heart for the love emoticons if you click on this the 10 love mojis by McCartney will pop up at the top and you can then select and play these and put them into your message.

Hope this is enough of an explanation to enable you to find them. There's probably an easier way but I don't know it.

I use skype every day and have been using the miss you one with the balloons (listen to this balloon!) quite a bit :)

Still loving them!

14. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Mojis of the same stuff.:)

Col likes this.
  15. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Thanks very much, I've got them now (I had to upgrade my several year old version of Skype first!)

16. backseat

The groove of "Flirting" reminds me of "Reception".

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  17. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Unless I need the audio from something easy like youtube or soundcloud (which there are many sites that can extract the audio quickly for download), I have to resort to lining out to my H2 microphone. On my old laptop, I was able to get different sound drivers that allowed audacity to record the computer audio, but I never bothered with my new one, and now that I upgraded to Windows 10, it was a hell of a hassle just to get the standard microsoft sound driver (the horrible Realtek driver kept reinstalling, despite my constant uninstalling and roll backs before I found out how to kill it once and for all, he said hopefully)

18. WilliamWes

WilliamWes Likes to sing along but he knows not what it means

I'm still pissed at the Mac-man for showing up on last year's Valentine's Day for a surprise concert before his SNL anniversary appearance a couple of streets away from where I grew up. I would have loved seeing that exclusive performance-only a few hundred were there. Next time I see him live, it'll probably be through the zoom on my camera. LOL

Hopefully his Moji experience will influence his next album. Love to hear some Moog synth on there, (wouldn't mind a little Mellotron also).

Billy Budapest likes this.
  19. theMess and Johnny Reb like this.
  20. Mac or Windows or Linux?

Roxio Toast can do it on a Mac, as can Audio Hijack Pro.

21. Reader

Reader Senior Member

Windows. There are a couple radio stations I listen to that keep their 1 or 2 hour programs available to listen to but are not downloadable that I want to keep because they are so good. I stay pretty simple with everything. I've still got some audio files I've not figured out how to play yet. I'm learning everyday and enjoy trying new things. For an old geezer I'm doing ok.

The McCartney things are also the kind of things I'd like to grab. His work covers such a range and like many others here I try to have all his music at hand .

22. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Maybe you should check my blog, mileyandtheplasticmacs.blogspot.com

MerseyBeatle likes this.
  23. For the Record

For the Record Forum Resident

I firmly believe Paul wants to have a sip of any music project he can. He likes to try new things because... well lets face it... The man has done damn near everything.

theMess likes this.
  24. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Mojis Over Busker. :)

theMess likes this.
  25. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

As much as I like Pauls music -well these jingles sounds just like Jingles to me. No more no less. Let s bring on a new album instead. An album clockfull of rock roll, pop, ballads and some jazz for good measure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.