Music Direct - 20% Off Music & Accessories - Now through 2/15/2016

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Dino, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dino

Dino Forum Resident Thread Starter

http://www.musicdirect.com/t-specialsale.aspx

[​IMG]

20% Off Music & Accessories
    Place any qualifying order on our website and SAVE 20% on all qualifying music.
    Items currently on sale may not qualify for this discount.
    Use COUPON CODE: LOVE20 when checking out. The discount will automatically be applied to your order.

For all qualifying items the discount will appear in your cart after entering the coupon code. If a particular item does not show the discount it is not eligible for this sale. Please call Music Direct with any product specific questions.

This offer only includes in-stock music. This offer excludes backorders, preorders, closeouts/sale items and freight shipped items.
    This offer cannot be applied to previously placed orders.
    Music Direct reserves the right to select the carrier and ship method within the terms of this offer.
    Music Direct reserves the right to change the terms of this promotion or discontinue this offer at any time.
    Average delivery time ranges from 3 - 10 business days. Music Direct does not guarantee delivery within that specified time period.

2. Dino

I was going to place an order today, that included about $400 in accessories and $30 in music. The coupon code only reduced the total by $6. Not much of a deal for my order, so I did not place it. Then I clicked on the 20% off deal in the upper left corner of the screen to look at the details and it had been changed.

"Accessories" had been taken out of the wording. Now the sale reads:
    20% Off Music
    Place any qualifying order on our website and SAVE 20% on all qualifying music.
    Items currently on sale may not qualify for this discount.
    Use COUPON CODE: LOVE20 when checking out. The discount will automatically be applied to your order.

For all qualifying items the discount will appear in your cart after entering the coupon code. If a particular item does not show the discount it is not eligible for this sale. Please call Music Direct with any product specific questions.

This offer only includes in-stock music. This offer excludes backorders, preorders, closeouts/sale items and freight shipped items.
    This offer cannot be applied to previously placed orders.
    Music Direct reserves the right to select the carrier and ship method within the terms of this offer.
    Music Direct reserves the right to change the terms of this promotion or discontinue this offer at any time.
    Average delivery time ranges from 3 - 10 business days. Music Direct does not guarantee delivery within that specified time period.

Disappointing for me, because Music Direct had some accessories that I had been waiting for a holiday sale on.

3. Dino

I called Music Direct and asked about the 20% off Music and Accessories sale that was up last night. Mark said that it never said Accessories. I got out "Uh" and Mark said if it did say Accessories that was a mistake and the sale is for Music only.

4. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Too bad those Intervention Records Joe Jackson vinyl reissues are not available yet :)

5. deadcoldfish

deadcoldfish Senior Member

Soundstage is doing 15% off, including preorders.

6. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Wow all the online m high end music retailers are really stepping up the discounts this year

7. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

Soundstage honors the 20% music direct coupon and it includes pre orders! Go for it!

johnny q and MikeJedi like this.
  8. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Do you know if Soundstage charges your card the moment pre-orders are placed or only when shipped?

9. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

I'm not sure, If It's a regular credit card, I would think it's when they ship.

10. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

I think soundstage charges when they ship

11. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Not much of a discount when you factor in price increases earlier this year. :shake:

BrewCrew82 and MikeJedi like this.
  12. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

I wonder if these price increases on new vinyl will cause demand to fall off Same thing goes for some of the outrageous pricing on the used vinyl too

13. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

15% now

14. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

They gave me the discount on Santana 3 sacd preorder as well.....:bdance:

15. marcb

marcb Senior Member

15% where? Music Direct? SoundstageDirect? I only see 10% at each.

16. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Music Direct. At the time I posted it was 15%.

17. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Ok, thanks. It's gone now.

18. Dino

Got a postcard in the mail:

10% off vinyl - Ends Friday June 3rd

LOVEMUSIC

19. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

I'm sure they all will start running bigger sales as Memorial Day approaches

20. marcb

marcb Senior Member

They also indicate this in the banner right on the website.

21. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Good point. Maybe I'll hold off until this weekend.

MikeJedi likes this.
  22. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Well now it's back. 15% on everything...MEMORIAL15

MikeJedi and Dino like this.
  23. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Does anyone know if Oppo players such as the 105d ever go on sale?

24. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

No, never. Last year, I went in-person and I asked the folks at the Oppo offices in Mountain View, California, if their devices ever go on sale, and the guy said he'd been there for years and never have the units gone on sale. I always see Oppo listed as an exception whenever authorized resellers are running a sale on other equipment.

I think Oppo disc players are a full-price thing, unless you get a refurbished unit from Oppo, which will be less than full price.

Earlier this week, I went to buy an Oppo. Started at Oppo's website. Backordered until May 27. Then I went to Music Direct. In stock, but they wanted $70+ for shipping. So I found it locally from one of the authorized resellers listed on Oppo's website. Price was full retail - $1,299 - but no shipping charge involved.

Craig.

25. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Thanks for the info Craig

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.