The Online Music Retailers Seem To Be Having A Bit Of A Discount War This Valentine's Day Weekend

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by AnalogJ, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959 Thread Starter

Music Direct is having a 20% discount on all music, and $49 qualifying for free shipping. Elusive Disc is having a 15% discount with $99 qualifying for free shipping.

Galley likes this.
  2. Seth

Seth Forum Resident

you can use there coupon code's on our site and get 20% off all music, they do not allow pre-orders...we do

www.soundstagedirect.com

3. Axis_67

Axis_67 Senior Member

A very generous offer. Thanks Seth.

4. JAG

JAG Forum Professor with Tenure

just placed an order....very good deal with free shipping and no tax

thank you

5. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Acoustic Sounds is 15% off physical and downloaded music, plus Pono has 15% off $40 or more.

6. Bill

Bill Senior Member

I just received my first order from Sound Stage Direct, two vinyl albums. They arrived right on schedule, in packaging that rivaled my first apartment in terms of solid construction. I'll be back!

7. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Seth.....
    SOUNDSTAGEDIRECT ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just used md's coupon on your site to order two more Dave Brubeck pre orders! :goodie:
    SSD is now my GO TO Online Record Store. :righton::righton::righton:
    Thank YOU and your company for doing the right thing by your customers. :edthumbs:
    I Love You!!!! :love:
    the beave

8. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

I placed an order over the phone via Music Direct for the Dylan AF Bootleg. They will honor the coupon for pre orders if you call.

9. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

With Music Direct extending their 20% off sale, I'm wondering if they (and others) are feeling the price pinch from HD Tracks and Pono Store, both of whom sell hi-rez files at a lower price than physical media.

10. 1adam12

1adam12 Forum Resident

I just placed an order for two AP titles through music direct using the LOVE20 coupon code and it was still active. I'm hoping they'll honor it...

11. econalan

econalan Forum Resident

Yep, for online LP purchases I pretty much try to stick w/ SSD. Great shipping/packaging, especially as they offer to remove the LP from the jacket to avoid seam splits.

12. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Discount wars seem to be an ongoing thing in the online retail music market. It used to be 10% consistently with 15% on holidays temporarily. Recently, it's been 20%. Now it's not even just holidays. SSD, and Music Direct recently went to 20% for no reason and have stayed there. Each also offer free shipping on orders $49 and over. Tonight I just noticed Elusive Disc has gone to 20% off on music purchases. Only Acoustic Sounds holds steady at 10%. Not sure how far this can go but it makes buying local or from Amazon a lot harder to swallow.

13. johnt23

johnt23 Forum Resident

Regarding MFSL and some other audiophile labels, what once was 10% off a $30 record is now 20% off a $35 record, so it seems like a bit of a wash for me. Playing with numbers basically.

cdash99 and lightbulb like this.
  14. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Maybe these guys (AS, MD, ED) have discovered a ton of sales at 10 to 20% off generates more than enough extra $$$ to compensate for the larger discount.
    It certainly encourages me to buy from them, usually once or twice a year in bulk, knowing the selection is better and they're more likely to be packaged properly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.