Chicago Into The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame: What Happens Next?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tonyc, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

This is from the same TV special that includes the Al Green duet which they did release.

2. Nostaljack

Nostaljack Resident R&B enthusiast

Robert Lamm gets little credit for his singing but he was really gettin' it here. Really nice vocal.

Ed

3. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

Adding to the earlier suggestion, since Lamm was more prominent in their earlier "classic" period, they could play any of these.... "Beginnings", "Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?", "Wake Up Sunshine", "Saturday in the Park" and more... his voice still sounds very good.

4. Nostaljack

Oh, he's the best singer in the group and has been for a while. I'd much rather hear him than Jason or anyone else, honestly.

Ed

5. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

I hope Lamm sings '25 or 6 to 4' in the original 'A' key. That would be awesome.

parman likes this.
  6. Nostaljack

He obviously can't get near that key. The man's a baritone, not a high tenor.

Ed

7. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

I know - but maybe a one time force-it even with falsetto? Just on principle. :)

8. Nostaljack

Better yet. If Cetera really is at fault here, just let Jason do it. That's revenge enough...'course, they'd also be taking said revenge out on those of us who have to hear it but still...;)

Ed

zebop likes this.
  9. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

Get John Fogerty to sing it - he could do it! :righton:

mrdon likes this.
  10. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident Thread Starter

Well, that is what is going to happen. They will definitely do "25 or 6 to 4" and they will do it the way they always do it. And Jason should be up there if Peter is there or not. For all the abuse Jason takes as a singer, he deserves credit for 31 years as a hired performer, never missing a concert, and to my knowledge never making a public complaint about anything. Total team player.

sandmountainslim1 likes this.
  11. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

I recently watched a documentary about Journey and the search for a new lead singer (their now current one). There's a brief backstage scene where Jason introduces himself to the singer and for that short moment, they are two people together that only they can relate to as new members in a band replacing iconic former members. I found it actually to be very sweet and Jason comes off very well.

painted8, ARK and tonyc like this.
  12. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

I'm sure they have quite a bit.

13. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

Sorry to side-track the discussion, but what is the status of this documentary? Has it been released yet?

14. AudiophilePhil

AudiophilePhil Senior Member

There are actually two Chicago-related documentaries in the making that I've waited for years to be completed and released such as the Terry Kath documentary which is being produced by Kath's daughter Michelle and the documentary on the legendary Caribou Ranch Studio that was announced years ago in our forum by a member. So far, I have not heard any information about their release dates. Does any one here know some info about the status of these two projects?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    ptijerm likes this.
  15. AudiophilePhil

They should hire David Clayton-Thomas of BS&T to sing "Make Me Smile" and "Colour My World" during the induction ceremony. He's the only one (not Bill Champlin or any other currently hired members) who can give justice to those songs originally sung by the late Terry Kath.

Finchingfield and pool_of_tears like this.
  16. AudiophilePhil

I would be happier if Danny Seraphine with his songwriting partner David 'Hawk' Wolinski would stay around a little longer to contribute again in songwriting and of course their respective skills in playing drums and assorted keyboards.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  17. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

I read somewhere that Kath's daughter was waiting until the induction for some final footage before finishing the documentary.

ARK, ptijerm and AudiophilePhil like this.
  18. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

Oh...that would make sense.

I wonder if she was able to nab Cetera for a new on-camera interview or comments? I know I had read at some point that he hadn't contributed, however I just noticed on IMDB that Peter Cetera is included under the "Cast" list, along with Joe Walsh, Jeff Lynne, Robert Lamm and other people interviewed:

The Terry Kath Experience (2016) - IMDb »

ARK likes this.
  19. The Trinity

The Trinity Do what thou wilt, so mote be it.

My wife and I saw Peter in concert about a year ago, in our town, and it was wonderful. So, we made the 8 hour return trip over the border to the U.S. and back home, and saw him again last night. Another great show, with a fair bit of Chicago played, and for the encore Peter strapped on the bass and played a set of Chicago oldie classics. Loved it. He did not mention the HoF thing at all.

20. David R. Modny

David R. Modny Гордий українець-американець

This has been reprinted elsewhere, but I didn't see it posted here yet.

So..........

Home
    Peter Speaks:
    The truth!

February 22, 2016
    My final HoF decision!

"Regretfully, I’ve decided NOT to participate in the 2016 HoF induction ceremonies. I appreciate the award and I want to thank all of you who voted and finally made it happen.
    Many of you will be disappointed and that’s understandable. Quite frankly, I’m disappointed as well. There comes a time when you need to make a decision based on what’s best for you without worrying about the consequences and this it that time.
    Every idea or suggestion I offered about how it could work musically was either rejected or changed by the shows producers. Together with the fact that while I sent those same emails to the group, the only reply I ever received back from them was a very snarky “Take a chill pill dude!” Whoa! Really?
    At this point in my life, I really don’t care to reintroduce the same negativity, misplaced egos, and petty jealousies I experienced years ago.
    I’m very happy right where I am now, touring and playing my music with a band I love. You should all come and see us if you have the chance and please check my site for performance updates.
    Peacefully moving on, Peter"

Peter Cetera »

21. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Sounds like he did take the chill pill. Can't say I blame him...

The Trinity likes this.
  22. David R. Modny

David R. Modny Гордий українець-американець

I'd be curious what his suggestions were.

23. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

After hearing Lamm act as though changing the key to 25 or 6 to 4 is unreasonable and I can accept the idea that they can be a bit difficult.

24. tonyc

The band website advertised "The History Of Chicago" a couple of years ago. Anyone know the progress of that?

25. tonyc

From what I have read Lamm seems the least unreasonable. Lamm was the only core member to keep occasional contact with Cetera and also has publicly stated disappointment with some of the decisions Chicago made in the 90s/00s.

Comet01 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.