Madrugada - Industrial Silence Deluxe Vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Neonbeam, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary Thread Starter

Received my copy yesterday and it's AWESOME! Gatefold cover with printed inners and THREE 180 Gram records that contain 18 quality bonustracks. Mostly from their early CD-only EPs.

I just don't get it why they are so uncelebrated. If you want this album you'll have to mailorder it from Norway because European dealers don't carry it. Such a shame because the pressing is brilliant - industrial silence indeed.

Original 1999 pressings fetch three figure sums - this reissue is limited to 500 copies. In an ideal world these would sell out within six minutes.

I just can't believe that no-one on this forum has mentioned it.

2. Neonbeam

Still no-one any opinion about this band? :-(

3. Neonbeam

4. Neonbeam

5. galaxie500

galaxie500 Forum Resident

well, i've mentioned them in the playing now on vinyl threed months ago..... I even gave a description, trying to get other members to discover Madrugada.

6. Neonbeam

Just playing this again and... it's really terrific. I wish the Blur vinyl reissues had been treated like that: Three sides contain the album's 13 tracks, three sides the bonustracks! Too bad this band seems to be rather obscure :(

7. Tropehjelm

Tropehjelm Forum Resident

I play the Delux 4LP of their album The nightly disease now.

Have been looking for Industrial Silence on vinyl for a long time,but no luck. Beeing from Norway i have been following this band since they started up :)
    To bad they didnt make it bigger. They really deserve more listeners.

Neonbeam likes this.
  8. Tropehjelm

Music On Vinyl coming up with some limited Madrugada reissues next month.
    From MOV:

The Nightly Disease was very eagerly anticipated in Norway and Germany. It is the second album by the Norwegian Alternative Rock band Madrugada, originally released in 2001. A large amount of record buyers went crazy for Madrugada after hearing their 1999 debut album Industrial Silence.
    Madrugada, however, chose quite differently; they returned with this ultra-bleak record. And for the better of it: this is a much better and more consistent album than their debut. The lyrics are more poetic, the songs are much more diverse, and the production is wonderfully dirty, giving the record a rather dangerous aura.

Madrugada has taken elements of the best bits from their past, for example, the beautifully dark "A Deadend Mind", and combined them with a new rawness and energy found in "Nightly Disease Part II".

http://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/madrugada/nightly-disease#.VdogMJe1e2k

I am waiting for Industrial Silence. And Grit.

9. Neonbeam

"Grit" will be released in early October with the first 2000 copies on yellow vinyl. This is a release I will be picking up since it is the last missing Madrugada album for me.

Is the "Deepest End" a deluxe version of "The Deep End" ;);)?? Was shocked to see how much the deluxe editions of "Industrial Silence" and "Nightly Disease" can already fetch. The extra tracks on them are fantastic but it's understood that MOV would rather release a single than a quadruple version of "The Nightly Disease".

Tropehjelm likes this.
  10. Tropehjelm

Preordered now.
    Now i am only missing Industrial Silence from the Madrugada albums that are important for me to have on vinyl :)

11. Neonbeam

You stop before "The Deep End"? It was my first Madrugada album on vinyl and I'll admit I took it with the prospect of reselling it. But then I really warmed to it, even though it has a more "commercial" sound. Now I like it as much as the first two albums.

12. Tropehjelm

I can say yes,but i guess i will buy it. I didnt like it much when it came out. Havent listened to it that much. But Slow Builder,and a couple of others were real good i remember. So,i wont promise i am not going to buy it.

13. Tropehjelm

Rerelease is coming out on Monday :)

14. Neonbeam

Yeah but - like MOV's "Nightly Disease" - only the bare bones album without the dozens of bonustracks. Which is a pity....

15. Tropehjelm

I agree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.