Songs we didn't like as kids now we like as adults??

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by henry babenko, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henry babenko

henry babenko Forum Resident Thread Starter

When I was 8 I couldn't stand steely dan's "hey 19" in late 1980 and it was all over the radio, now as adult early 40's when I hear it I love it, cause it takes me back to a time when life was easy and carefree..
    anyone else got any that you didn't like but years later the songs grew on you?? Funny note on side, misheard lyrics, I was 8 and didn't even really know who the artist were, but that line in that song when he sings "hey nineteen, that's arthea franklin, I thought he was saying, hey nineteen, let's read the franklin" ha ha I didn't even know who he was talking about at 8 in 1980..

2. NoTime806

NoTime806 Forum Resident

95% of The Beatles songs, now I own all their albums.

henry babenko likes this.
  3. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man I Am Just a Mops

Sure, I've got a few of these. "Ramblin' Man" by the Allman Brothers is one. I clearly remember as an eight year old hearing that song playing through the overhead speakers at our local Kresgie's and thinking that this must be the worst song ever by anybody. Today I love the Allman Brothers and can even listen to "Ramblin' Man" without gagging.

For some reason I really hated Willie Nelson as a young kid too. Maybe it was the Wrangler commercials. Anyway he's one of my favorites now.

4. John54

John54 Senior Member

A few:

Paul and Paula - Hey Paula

Four Seasons - Let's Hang On

Bob Kuban - The Cheater

Procol Harum - Whiter Shade of Pale

George Harrison - What is Life

5. henry babenko

Bob Kuban - The Cheater
    very interesting story behind this song. the guy who sang it was murdered by his cheating wife's lover... in 1983.

6. henry babenko

Another one was sowing the seeds of love by tears for fears. I thought man, they been gone for 5 years and this is their new song. crunge. then it grew on me about 5 years alter.

7. The7thStranger

The7thStranger Part of the Rhythm Nation

This is the reason why I carry full albums with me. You never know when track 8 will suddenly start to make sense.

MrSka57 likes this.
  8. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

9. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

When I was about 13 or 14, I used to lift the needle before "Tomorrow Never Knows" and start side 2 of "Sgt. Pepper" with "When I'm 64". As a grown-up, "Tomorrow Never Knows" and "Within You, Without You" are two of my favorite Beatles songs.

10. varitone

varitone Forum Resident

Bitches Brew

11. If don't know about when I was a kid but when I was a young adult I thought I was too mature for bubblegum.

"I was so much older then..."

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  12. JohnnyQuest

JohnnyQuest Forum Resident

Anything that was Motown related. When I was younger I couldn't stand sugary R&B/Pop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.