DeadPool

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by It's Felix, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me Thread Starter

Anybody else seen it? Very entertaining, great dialogue, loads of humour, maybe a bit too much effing but brilliant film.

Tuco and musicalbeds like this.
  2. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

So.... lots of 'cussin', but..... no gore...... right?

3. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I haven't seen it. . . I probably won't til it's out on disc. . .but Morena Baccarin is in it. That's tempting. ;)

4. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

I'm not at all a comic book movie person, but what I've heard about this has me very intrigued... Maybe see it this weekend.

5. Clipper Sylvania

Clipper Sylvania L'écharpe d'abricot

It comes complete with cussin' and gore. This is not a family-friendly movie and I wondered about the judgment of parents bringing their obviously pre-teen children into the theater. That being said, it's an utterly hilarious movie. I may have to go and see it again.

6. frankfan1

frankfan1 Some days I feel like Balok

Yes...too much cursing and swearing...sign the scriptwriters have no clue or talent.

I got up and left.

driverdrummer likes this.
  7. vince

Well..... you're making me wanna go!
    ..... 'filthy-mouth'.... check!
    gore to go with all the fighting (I must admit to being 'taken out of the moment' whenever 'supers' go in for the kill, and the camera cuts to a reaction from others in the room),,,,,, CHECK!

Manimal likes this.
  8. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

You obviously have no knowledge of the comic on which the movie is based. The screenwriting exactly captures it.

9. frankfan1

frankfan1 Some days I feel like Balok

I've read a few, at the behest of my oldest daughter. I think the movie worse.

To each his own...I just took my popcorn and left.

10. It's Felix

it was brilliant. I would recommend it but not really for 13 years and less...... But for the rest. very good, and very unlike a superhero movie.

Tuco likes this.
  11. vince

I was a fan of the first "Kick-A$$".
    If it's better that THAT, I'll be happy!

John Bliss likes this.
  12. drasil

drasil Former Resident

but then at least you understand why that word shows up so much, and that it has nothing to do with the talent of the scriptwriters, as you said earlier?

I really think it would have been more disingenuous to remove all them and distance the film further from the source material.

Stormrider77 and BeatleJWOL like this.
  13. drasil

drasil Former Resident

I think the reason you're drawing so much ire is because the swearing is an integral part of deadpool. the series is a postmodern take on the superhero/action hero genre, particularly the gratuitous violence and language, starring a main character who knows he's fictional. maybe you didn't notice this in your daughter's comics.

this would be akin to getting upset about the large amount of product placement in the x-statix comic books--probably a valid complaint in general, but completely moot in that particular case because x-statix was designed to play with the idea of media manufactured superhero 'personalities.'

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    Stormrider77 likes this.
  14. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

Who's graphically nude in the movie? (I just read Rotten Tomatoes' rating description. :))

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  15. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

I'm sure I'll catch this eventually, but probably will wait for the blu-ray. I'm in superhero overload at the moment, need a break.

Looks like it's outperforming projections at the box office.

mikeyt likes this.
  16. It's Felix

some 'ladies'
    much better, much funnier.

Vidiot likes this.
  17. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Wow, terrific damned film! I laughed my ass off. Very raunchy, tons of self-referential dialogue, thoroughly entertaining from start to finish. It's almost an anti-superhero movie. Any film where the lead actor comments that they couldn't afford more X-Men guest stars because their budget was too limited has got me right out of the box.

Also some very funny soundtrack choices: Neil Sedaka's "Calendar Girl" (in a surprisingly explicit scene), "Angel of the Morning," "Shoop," and of course, "Careless Whisper" in the end credits. Just hilarious and very unexpected. The crowd we were with loved the film; I can totally understand why they're predicting it's gonna make $90M+ this weekend.

I think it could've been a little more vulgar. But that's me.

Kyhl, Tuco, crispi and 9 others like this.
  18. Clipper Sylvania

Clipper Sylvania L'écharpe d'abricot

That was a great laugh line. The bit about not being sure whether he'd meet McAvoy or Stewart was hilarious, too.

A possible sign that you've hung around here too long: You wonder if that was Juice Newton's version of "Angel of the Morning" and are pleased to note at the end that yes, it was her rendition. Will it be on the soundtrack album?

19. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

Haven't they already set in motion a sequel?

John K.

20. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Dude stole all the Kickass moves.
    Trailer didn't entice.
    How does the film compare with 2010's KickAss ?

21. vince

Like George Martin said: "Horses for courses" when it comes to the 'R'-rated 'stuff', you know?
    It's a 'plus' for moi!

22. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

the movie is generating some major box office numbers, the estimate keeps getting bumped UP....it proves that the R rating is not a death sentence in 2016

Deadpool” is obliterating its box office expectations as it hurdles toward a record-setting four-day weekend total north of $130 million.

The superhero comedy pulled in $47.5 million on Friday (including $12.7 million from Thursday night previews, which set a record for an R-rated film) from 3,558 locations. This puts the film on track to wrap up Presidents Day with more than $130 million. Fox had indicated it was expecting a debut between $60 million and $65 million, making its new projected total more than double the studio’s conservative estimate.

Vidiot likes this.
  23. Lonson

How many guys got their girlfriends to come along because it's Ryan Reynolds. :D

John Bliss likes this.
  24. drasil

drasil Former Resident

...has anyone in this thread read the deadpool comics?

John Bliss and FrixFrixFrix like this.
  25. Lonson

I haven't. I've been out of comics for a long time. I did see his appearance in the completely mediocre "Wolverine: Origins" movie though. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.