OPPO BDP-103 and BDP-105 Networking Universal 3D Blu-ray Players (part4)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Ken_McAlinden, Dec 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

I can stream everything just fine from my NAS as well. It's just that gapless doesn't work via the network. Do you mean that it works for you?

2. The OPPO is not that bis on gapless playing. DSD files definitely don't play gapless; neither do ALAC files. Have you tried FLAC files via the OPPO iOS app? Long press on a file should show a context menu, from which you can choose gapless play.

3. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Yes I can choose gapless from the app, but it doesn't work

4. Robert van Diggele

Robert van Diggele Forum Resident

That is strange. I have the context menu as well and pressing the gapless option works fine. Have you contacted Oppo customer service for advise?

5. rbbert

rbbert Forum Resident

Also in my experience gapless is often not perfect for FLAC or DSD, but is for WAV or AIFF

6. JediJoker

JediJoker Audio Engineer/Enthusiast

You can always create a single file + cue sheet for perfect gapless.

7. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Appearing on Hong Kong Oppo's Facebook page....Oppo BDP-103D SE (as in Special Edition). Will it be available in the US?

[​IMG]

8. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Is there any indication of what the 103D "Special Edition" offers for additional features over the standard 103D? I have to admit that the "Special Addition" logo looks like it was photo shopped as it's a bit big and not centered under the Oppo logo. It also seems strange that Oppo would introduce a new model with new upcoming UHD players.

Bill

9. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

I think this makes sense, clear the existing stock as a tweaked 'Special Edition' to make way for a new version.

JediJoker likes this.
  10. Agitater

Agitater Forum Resident

Where on the Hong Kong Oppo Facebook page? Can't find it anywhere. Some user punked the page with a really lousy Photoshop'ed image and Oppo immediately took it down? That's one of the crappiest "Special Edition" fake jobs ever.

11. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I honestly don't think Oppo would need to have a 103D "Special Edition" to "clear" existing stock as new players are introduced. Was there a 93 "Special Edition" model offered when the 103 was introduced?

I would have to agree that it looks like a hoax. I just don't see Oppo introducing a "Special Edition" player in that way. But one never knows :).

Bill

JediJoker likes this.
  12. Agitater

Agitater Forum Resident

. . . especially not an SE badge that looks like it was applied by a four year old.

13. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

I, too, tried to find out what is so "special" about the SE model. However, nothing can be found on either Oppo's US or HK website. However, the 103D SE model was mentioned on the Oppo Digital HK Facebook page on January 28 and February 17....

OPPO Digital HK »

14. Majestyk

Majestyk Rush Resident

OPPO BDP-103D SPECIAL EDITION 把BD機升級為高級 CD/SACD機 : Hiendy.com 影音俱樂部 »

Google translation:

OPPO Hong Kong distributor Yao tritone sound especially from Taiwan to introduce local rave reviews BDP-103D SPECIAL EDITION to Hong Kong sales.

This particular model is unique to Taiwan, is the latest official model BDP-103D Mount revision, change portion including a significant improvement in power supply, optimized stereo analog outputs, as well as the whole machine vibration suppression treatment after Morgan Stanley changed significantly enhance the sound and picture performance , but the BD-mill transformed into advanced CD / SACD machine to meet with a fever home to "quality" of the stringent requirements.

BDP-103D SE of each machine is carried out via Taiwan professional choice of materials, assembly and disassembly, welding and testing are hand rub change, so supply is very small, in Hong Kong only accept reservations, please call distributor inquiries.

Yao tritone sound in order to thank the strong support of the Hong Kong family with a fully functional universe OPPO Blu-ray player for the first batch will 103D SE comes with US hi-fi brand origin Increcable Black Crystal Crystal 缐 signal pair (RCA, 1M, worth HK $ 1,300) , so that users fully aware of the OPPO BDP-103D SE power, Come and opportunities, while stocks last.

15. AztecChimera

AztecChimera Forum Resident

So it plays SACDs and sells you worthless derivatives!

Looks like this "Special Edition" is just a stock 103D with (suspect) after-market "enhancements".

JediJoker likes this.
  16. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

I'd like to "meet with a fever home." :laugh:

JediJoker likes this.
  17. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Morgan Stanley :confused:? Welding :eek:? Hand rub change :love:? It sound a bit suspect to me. It looks like copy from the infamous "The Upgrade Company" where they do "mods" to your gear but won't divulge what has been done. They also put sealed stickers on the cases of the gear they "mod" to discourage TUC customers for looking inside ;).

Bill

JediJoker likes this.
  18. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

Google Translations are comedy gold!

JediJoker and martinb4 like this.
  19. martinb4

martinb4 Forum Resident

Always love reading the user reviews on the Japanese Amazon page with the translator. Good stuff.

20. Reese

Reese Just because some watery tart threw a sword!

Perhaps that's where "hand rub change(s)" are performed.

Donniej and JediJoker like this.
  21. Claude

Claude Senior Member

It seems odd that they would make a 103 Special edition and not a 105 special edition.

Those tweaks look like the usual mods done to audio players.

But the 103 is rather meant for the home theatre market, while the 105 is the audiophile version with better sound.

22. James_S888

James_S888 Forum Resident

Can someone tell me if the Oppo 105D will play 5.6 MHz DSD files from either the front USB port or one of the two back USB ports??
    I tried last night and it recognizes the files as .dsf but will not play them.

Apparently the Oppo will play 5.6 MHz. DSD, but only through the asynchronous DAC USB port at the back.
    So does anyone know if I can just get an adaptor for a normal USB stick?

Or do I have to connect my laptop to the asynchronous DAC port to play back 5.6 MHz DSD?

23. Kal Rubinson

Kal Rubinson Senior Member

Strange. I can just plug in a USB stick and the Oppo will recognize and play .dsf in stereo or multichannel.

The "B" connector at the back is for streaming from a computer. The "A" ports are for a normal USB stick.

Only for the "B" port.

24. James_S888

James_S888 Forum Resident

Yeah, it will play 2.8 Mhz DSD without a hitch from the USB "A" ports.
    It recognizes 5.6 Mhz files, but won't play them. pressing play will have it skipping through all the 5.6Mhz files looking for something it can play.

25. Kal Rubinson

Kal Rubinson Senior Member

Ah. Missed that. AFAIK, my Oppos will not play more than DSD64. It has been a long time since I've used them for file playback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.