Sly & The Family Stone - Greatest Hits - New Audio Fidelity SACD - QUAD and MONO hit mixes!!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jsayers, Jul 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

For those that bought from a seller other than AF, what did you need to send as proof of purchase. A copy of receipt would suffice?

2. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting.... Thread Starter

Well, in the long run, we get 2 quad discs with a redbook mono layer free. All's well that ends well, I say. :agree:

quicksrt likes this.
  3. eelkiller

Ever the optimist are we?

4. jsayers

Well, one might as well look at the positive side of things...:shrug:

eelkiller and George P like this.
  5. lonelysea

lonelysea Ban Leaf Blowers

Got mine today. Third time is the charm!

6. I'm sorry if this is off topic, which version of Pet Sounds are you referring to, was a replacement issued and if so, how can you diferenciate the two? Thank you in advance.

7. eelkiller

Mofi SACD, I sent you info via conversation.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  8. Got it. Thank you, sir!

eelkiller likes this.
  9. John D.

John D. Senior Member

If you phone or email them, saying you want a replacement disc, they tell you to send a copy of your receipt.

eelkiller likes this.
  10. jsayers

I took a pic of my physical receipt from Importcds.com and attached it to my initial email to AF since I knew she would ask for it - no problems.

11. eelkiller

Thanks guys, I will pass along the info.

12. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I share your annoyance.
    I'm also a Platinum member and am feeling ignored about this whole fiasco.
    My next e-mail will bypass the usual sources and go straight to Marshall

13. I've emailed three times and called twice and as of today, still no replacement. I was assured by Gloria I would have it as soon as it was available. From the looks of it many of you have it now. Seems like it's indiscriminate in the way these are being sent. I'll be calling again tomorrow if it's not here.

14. John22

John22 Forum Resident

Special matrix number on the new replacement?

15. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

Probably trying to sort out the multiple requests from the same person.

Gloria responded to my initial request after a few days and I did not feel the need to take action after that. It's not helpful.

Just sayin'.

jsayers and quicksrt like this.
  16. Hamhead

Hamhead The Bear From Delaware

I picked up a copy and it sounds like fake stereo when you play the SACD layer.
    When you hit the mono button on the pre-amp, everything goes wonky.
    Will there be a exchange?

17. There were no multiple requests from the same person. The reason I felt the need to call twice, once I left a VM, no call back. That, after emailing multiple times because I was not afforded the courtesy of a single reply until I finally called and got her on the phone with my second call and explained my predicament. My name is either on a list or not. It's not like she sent me three copies. The customer service is not what I would expect from a valued customer who has purchased every single AF title to date. Many here have said as much too. Perhaps you should send Gloria a Valentine if you're so in love . . . Just sayin'

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  18. Muzyck

Gloria "assured you" that you would get it as soon as possible. Ultimately all of your "requests" need to go to the same distribution point to get the disc to you. After a while hounding people to pay attention to you gets a bit rude. Five times borders on obsessive. It's a small company, I am sure they are aware of your request.

jsayers likes this.
  19. Are you just being argumentative or was I not clear about being ignored? Three email's and a couple of calls over 3 months is not obsessive. Had I had a single reply, perhaps. But I did not, and that is what is most troubling about this. I would suggest that is rude and not the way you treat a valued, long term client. The company is not so small as to not quickly process my payment for each release. I don't need another reply from you about my personal challenge with AF. You have your replacement or it's on the way, congratulations. I'll do what I need to, to ensure I receive mine.

bobcat and marcb like this.
  20. tribby2001

tribby2001 Forum Resident

It definitely will not arrive tomorrow.

marcb, jsayers and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
  21. Lol. You're right. Happy Presidents Day! :tiphat:

tribby2001 likes this.
  22. Muzyck

So, Gloria "assured you" without actually replying to you? Now that is cool! :righton: Good luck!

jsayers and quicksrt like this.
  23. I think you know what I meant. The fifth time I reached out and finally spoke to her, I was assured. But to date, no replacement. I'll expect when I login tomorrow morning, I'll see your 'I gotta get the last word' reply. Can't remember the last time anyone has been as snarky here as you. Does that come naturally? On second thought, I won't see your anticipated last word jab . . welcome to my ignore file. :righton:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    marcb likes this.
  24. jsayers

Could be the post office's fault, too. I haven't got my correct replacement yet either, although I got the first "incorrect" one. Muzyck is right, I think - you might become one of those "oh no, it's HIM again.." customers if you don't give it a little more time and don't contact them again unless another week or two goes by. You don't want that I'm sure. That's what I would do anyway - just sayin'.

25. marcb

marcb Senior Member

It's been par for the course with this and the BS&T issues...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.