Price Tracker: Beatles Mono Vinyl box set

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by ptijerm, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PearlJamNoCode

PearlJamNoCode Forum Resident

You asked them to buy it elsewhere and send it to you for free? :laughup:

Satchidananda likes this.
  2. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

Be careful. I'd hate to see them order a counterfeit box set and charge you $190.

Keep us posted!

lightbulb likes this.
  3. sinfony

sinfony Forum Resident

€260 on Amazon Germany now.

4. Alex D.

Alex D. Forum Resident

Update to the old-news-by-now Beatles store sale (debacle). After accepting that I wouldn't get the Mono vinyl box from them and having purchased it elsewhere, I sent several emails asking if I could get some of the other deals that were on the site, but then went full price mid-way through the sale period. I was thinking about buying them, but by the time I decided to bite, I found that prices were back to normal. Like the Red, Blue, Yellow Submarine vinyls and MMT Deluxe. After several emails they said:

"I have been doing my best to get the discount for you but apologize the items cannot be available at the expected prices. This was a pricing error on the website and these items were never intended to be included in the 60 percent off sale. When the error was discovered the items were removed from the sale."

So according to them, basically the entire sale (not just the Mono Box) was an error! If you got any music discounted, especially the Mono Vinyl box, consider yourself very lucky.

AlienRendel and Satchidananda like this.
  5. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

I thought that might be the case. Some of that stuff was going for crazy low prices.
    I picked up the US Albums box for $66. I would never have bought it at anything over about $80, but I couldn't resist at that price. I was going to get the Help! BluRay for $8, but that sold out by the time I ordered.

6. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

Pretty unlikely considering the sale lasted a week or two. If it was a mistake, it would have been caught within a couple of days at most.

7. Alex D.

Alex D. Forum Resident

That crossed my mind too. :shrug:

8. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Mister Charlie likes this.
  9. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

What part of "packaging will be damaged" implies very good or better shape? This is one that I want (and now have) in mint/perfect condition!!!

10. misterclean

misterclean Forum Resident

No way would I ever buy a used LP from Amazon. I'm just saying.

11. Alex D.

Alex D. Forum Resident

It would be a cheap way to come away with the LPs and book. I would think that only the outside box would have damage. But yeah, a little risky.

12. The Beave

guys, if it was unacceptable you send it back to Amazon on their dime.
    Mine came with a little 'outside shipping box' damage but the inside box was/is mint. The only album that was opened was the 'Masters' album, all the other albums AND the book were sealed.
    So I beg to with all due respect, differ, there is no risk at all.
    Just the risk of losing a killer deal that's all.
    the beave

AlienRendel and Satchidananda like this.
  13. heyholetsgo

heyholetsgo Forum Resident

Well, after much debate (and pleading to my wife), I pulled the trigger and ordered the box from Amazon Warehouse. After tax and with a $25 gift card applied, my total came out to $199 and change. Thrilled with the price. Hopefully it's a good experience.

14. heyholetsgo

heyholetsgo Forum Resident

For those interested:

My box arrived last night. The packaging does indeed have some cosmetic damage. The outer slipcase is practically useless and the box has some a few dings and creases. Of all things, it seems a little dirty and there's some residue left from where someone taped the slipcase to the box. Wish they hadn't done that.

So that's a bit of a bummer. But ...

The contents of the box were/are all exceptional.

The LPs, to my eyes, are unplayed. All of them are in their plastic sleeves (although I pretty much destroyed the plastic sleeve for the White Album. Whatever.).

Mono masters and the hardcover book are still in their shrink wrap. All inserts, posters and photographs look untouched.

So while the packaging isn't as pristine as I'd like -- and I know that counts for something like this -- I'm still very pleased overall. For sub-$200, it's tough to beat.

And besides, when I listen to the music, I'm not thinking about scuffs on the box anyway.

Hope this is helpful.

AlienRendel and Reader like this.
  15. Nice to see someone finally admitted that. I had a long email exchange with multiple supervisors, etc., who all told me the same story: they never received stock of the mono box, they never shipped any out, and had to cancel everybody's orders because they never received the stock to ship out. They also without fail told me they would not honor the $149 price in the future because they were never going to get it back in stock.

They could have just told me it was a pricing error.

Alex D. likes this.
  16. The Beave

Excellent! All those are gone now and the 'used' price is back up to $290. So congrats man! You got it, and under $200!!
    Rock On!
    the beave

heyholetsgo likes this.
  17. Reader

Reader Senior Member

Whoever told you they didn't ship any of the big mono vinyl box sets out doesn't know what they are talking about. I got mine from them. I hadn't been able to afford one before and jumped on that offer the first day. It arrived within 5 or 6 days and was in perfect shape. As I stated I don't think it was a mistake that it was put up for that price. I think they were surprised at the number that wanted to order it and weren't prepared to sell that many at that low price.

Again- I got mine from them for $ 149.00 + s/h and I know there were a few others here that stated they also got a set. I'd like to know the real number that was shipped but you can't trust them for an honest answer if they are saying they never shipped any for that price.

Best of luck to anyone who hasn't got a set yet. I'll post if I see anything about a good/great price. Don't give up hope, I'd bet there will be another pop up sale somewhere again. Just be prepared to grab it.

AlienRendel and The Beave like this.
  18. matt79rome89

matt79rome89 Forum Resident

This is a music forum and specifically a thread about good prices on a "box of music" as you call it. There are plenty of other places to go to debate world hunger or any other topics you find more worthwhile. I don't think anyone is losing sleep over this or in need of a reality check.

19. Multiple customer service representatives and supervisors told me that they never shipped any out and all orders were canceled. Obviously, it was a line they were fed to say from higher up the chain.

20. Agreed. I haven't lost any sleep over it. Truthfully, I could buy the box at $400 and not think twice about it. However, I don't enjoy being lied to, and that's all I got during this whole charade. By the way, I ordered the box on the first day, too, about two hours after the sale began. It was marked "in stock" and everything, and I was charged for the box via Paypal. I received a receipt stating it was shipping "expedited" and would arrive in 4-6 days. After it didn't arrive, that's when I began inquiring where my box was. I sent 2 emails about it over a 2 week period, and only found out my order was canceled when I read on SHTV about others' orders being canceled. My money was refunded but if they didn't have the stock to ship it out, they never should have sold it in the first place. For my trouble, they did offer me free shipping on my next order, but trust me, there won't be any "next order" from me.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  21. atlantasteven

atlantasteven Mercy Mercy Me

Craigslist Atlanta has a seller asking $250 new (stereo box same price).

22. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

Amazon US is $285.99 at the moment

edit

That's the new price, they have one at the warehouse price of $271.69

23. G E

G E Senior Member

I ordered mine yesterday! Hopefully third time is the charm: I got a used set from Amazon that had some bad pressings, then a "shopworn" box from BullMoose via Amazon that also had some bad pressings. Both returns were handled in an exemplary fashion. I had $285 in Amazon credits so out of pocket about $14.

24. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

you're damn right i did. and i'm not through harassing them (it's kind of fun at this point...I'm really just seeing how far I can push them until a customer service rep loses it).

AlienRendel, mrjinks and The Beave like this.
  25. The Beave

You know of course that the European Beatles store still has them.
    amazon has them, Music Direct has them, their all over da place!
    So 'they' are not sold out. It would have been nothing to have them fill the orders from the European warehouse.
    The Bastards!
    the beave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.