Help Save The Beatles Catalogue?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by alexpop, Feb 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyQuest

JohnnyQuest Forum Resident

What's the story behind the hard stereo panning? Why weren't the vocals and instruments balanced properly?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  2. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

I don't get Giles remixing 1 to sound not much different in terms of placement from the originals. Love was much more radical as was YSS.

Ed Hughes likes this.
  3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

a huge no! I'm not happy they did not finish the American albums box sets...I'm still waiting for VOLUME 3!

4. Michael

and that's a bad thing?

5. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

I enjoyed YSS and Love more.

PhoffiFozz and Michael like this.
  6. All the albums were released in 24bit/44.1kHz on the USB apple shaped device which was made available around the time the 2009 remasters, although I would've preferred 24bit/96kHz files. I have them all.

7. Michael

that's fine, but I do not feel they should have radically change the mix for the clips on 1+

8. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

That's the best thing about them.,

NoTime806 likes this.
  9. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Cautionary Example

The 2009 stereo box works just fine here. I'm good. I would take a sniff at SACD's of certain titles if they were ever offered but other than that, no interest in having them go all Experience Hendrix on the catalogue, re-mastering and re-releasing it again and again and again.

D.D.

10. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Really? I thought you approved the new 1? Was I dreaming ?

11. Price.pittsburgh

Price.pittsburgh Forum Resident

Goo dpoint.
    Why can't they remix the first two albums (PPM and WTB) to me modern stereo?

TonyACT likes this.
  12. Merrick

Merrick The return of the Thin White Duke

I'm fine with the mono vinyls and the 24/44.1 stereo remasters for the White Album on.

13. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Two-track recordings; Can't be done?

14. chris8519

chris8519 Forum Resident

I'm dreaming of a 50th anniversary Abbey Road AAA pressing in 2019. Only three more years! Same for Let It Be in 2020. And then I'll be truly, finally satisfied. Mono vinyl set proves Apple can do it right.

I'm not interested in blu Ray releases, although I've purchased each one... Ha!

snorker and JohnnyQuest like this.
  15. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Really, dreaming and waiting? Why not grab a good UK pressing of those two albums, and rock on to your hearts desire?

16. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

No, you weren't dreaming. I thought the mixes were pretty good and liked the way the vinyl edition was mastered. I prefer it the CD. That being said Im not as enthusiastic about it compared to something like the mono vinyl box.

17. TonyACT

TonyACT Boxed-in!

I doubt it, I think they are just waiting to sell us a new remixed set. The 1 remasters demonstrate they have suitable masters for all bar one or two tracks.

18. TonyACT

TonyACT Boxed-in!

Glad one person on the planet likes them ;)

19. marshmallowpie

marshmallowpie Forum Resident

20. DLeet

DLeet Forum Resident

Yeah. As long as Giles is kept away from the mixing desk.

I have a stupid dream that SW gets to do the remixing at some point..

Tristero likes this.
  21. snorker

snorker Big Daddy

While I also would've liked a AAA reissue of those along the lines of the mono set, what you say is true. I've yet to hear a UK stereo pressing from the original run that wasn't at least very good. They are relatively common, and the later pressings (like the ones used in the Blue Box) can usually be found in NM condition. The original mono records, on the other hand, were far more scarce, so the mono box was really a god-send.

22. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

I think the catalog is now in much better shape with 2009 CD reissues and the 2012/2014 stereo reissues. Perhaps the only missing element is the lack of unlimited high resolution files of the originals (the USB was unfortunately limited just like the CDs).

I think the next step should be new remixes of at least the 1965 onwards catalog in stereo and surround (more like the straight remixes on Love than the latest 1 package) along with more outtakes from the sessions.

23. chris8519

chris8519 Forum Resident

I have the Blue Box and yes it's a good pressing. But I wouldn't put it up there with the 2014 Mono box.
    I really dislike digging through bins, or spending money taking chances on a seller's definition of "NM". Been burned too many times and have SO MANY mediocre copies of Sgt Peppers through this method.

Just give me new AAA pressed at Optimal and call it a day.

snorker likes this.
  24. Price.pittsburgh

Price.pittsburgh Forum Resident

So could it be that duophonic is a good thing when the real stereo is this extreme?

25. let him run...

let him run... Senior Member

NO.

snorker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.