New Vince Gill single "Take Me Down", from upcoming album, "Down To My Last Bad Habit" (02/12/2016)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pghmusiclover, Nov 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member Thread Starter

2. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

I have always felt that Vince Gill is kind of a modern day Glen Campbell, as both have beautiful voices and they both know how to make a guitar sound like a million bucks. Much like Glen's later recordings, I find that the likes of Vince Gill and Raul Malo (with or without his band "The Mavericks"), just have no format to have their songs played in anymore. This new one by Vince doesn't knock me out, but I always applaud his attempt at turning in something new and a bit different.

"pghmusiclover", I've got to admit that I thought that I had a pretty broad palate of musical tastes, but it's clear to me that you and I are very alike, in our goal to keep things "interesting", in the music department!

pghmusiclover likes this.
  3. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member Thread Starter

4. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

Target issue has 2 bonus tracks, one with Sheryl Crow & Sonny Landreth. Paul Franklin seems to be on every other track. Listened to it last night, very nice.

The Glen Campbell comparison is apt, as is the lament that Vince Gill has no media exposure these days, but Vince is also a prolific songwriter.

I didn't even know about it until I went on Amazon for something else.

5. matt lane

matt lane Forum Resident

I've always loved Vince Gill, huge voice and talent, great guitar player, the whole package.

That said, on the whole, his studio output sounds rather dated to me. Dull even. Have a lot of his earlier work, some later stuff, and it just feels like a great artist too firmly planted in the middle of the road. And this from one of his fans.

Shame, really.

Beech likes this.
  6. gsmile

gsmile Forum Resident

A very soulful record with melodies and arrangements that really remind me of his time in Pure Prairie League! A very good album, any fan will love this. Oh, and Vince's guitar playing is as tasteful as ever, very atmospheric guitar parts this time around.

Paul J likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.