Kanye West's Seventh Album - Swish - February 11 2016*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mantis4tons, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueGangsta

BlueGangsta Forum Resident

Actually, this is the one time his remarks were spot-on.

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  2. Whatever they were, those were lame, goofy performances. At first I thought it was a skit, like how they sometimes parody the guests, but no. I certainly hope the actual album tracks are a lot better...

3. JohnnyQuest

JohnnyQuest Forum Resident

I enjoyed it but it's certainly my least favorite of his albums. I rate it 4/5 stars. :thumbsup:

marshmallowpie likes this.
  4. bunglejerry

bunglejerry Forum Resident

Yeah I'm liking it less on replay than I did at first.

It really is incoherent. Good moments though. Perhaps it'll sink in.

5. JohnnyQuest

The only songs that sound out of place on the album is "No More Parties in L.A." and "Fade".
    Since they're both bonus tracks I will remove them from the playlist. :shrug:
    You think so? I think it's cohesive for a project that went through so many configurations. Don't forget that the last 5 tracks are considered bonus material.
    I think "30 Hours" and "Facts" fit the album nicely. I just made sure to place Wolves after both because that's the most fitting closer track out of all of them. :thumbsup:

6. bunglejerry

bunglejerry Forum Resident

Wolves was at one point meant to be the opening track. Which is interesting to say the least.

7. JohnnyQuest

I'm not surprised at all. I also got rid of the Silver Surfer Intermission. It's obsolete now that the album is titled "The Life of Pablo" instead of "Waves". Although, I must say, it's nice to hear Max B's laugh. Free Silver Surfer aka Biggaveli!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  8. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Tidal only? Oh comon.

I'll wait it out, or some other alternative to sample.

9. JohnnyQuest

10. JohnnyQuest

Alternate Artwork

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jfeldt likes this.
  11. JohnnyQuest

12. JohnnyQuest

13. JohnnyQuest

14. Some of those alternate covers are pretty cool. It's not totally uncommon for albums to get released with a variety of covers so maybe that'll ultimately happen here.

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  15. JohnnyQuest

16. mattright

mattright Forum Resident

He's an artist. Sometimes he succeeds, sometimes he fails. But at least he's out there trying to push boundaries in his own way. I can respect that. As for the new songs, they are challenging and not immediately accessible. Still not a fan of all of the autotune - I was hoping that was just a phase but I guess this will always be a primary tool that he uses from here on out. At least he is out there trying - not just going through the motions. I'm not much into modern rap these days, but when Kanye puts something out, I'm always willing to listen and see what he's come up with.

Bemagnus and JohnnyQuest like this.
  17. JohnnyQuest

18. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Agree-Kanye does go the easy way. Only heard the album once and it is partly a challenging listening. Somehow I believe that it will grow on me.

19. JohnnyQuest

20. MrRom92

MrRom92 Forum Supermodel

I like this latest tracklist the best. The more the better. The album is still under an hour, the album would have been WAY too short with the proposed tracklists and we'd have missed out on some of the strongest material. Delaying the album to add Waves was a good call. That track is a standout and it's hard to imagine missing out on a track that was at one point the inspiration for the title of the album itself.

Was that whole "I Miss The Old Kanye" interlude freestyled at rockefeller center and then included in the tracklist last minute? I haven't A/Bd it against the album or anything but the freestyle against Kyle Mooney in that SNL skit sounded just like the track premiered at msg to me. I could see them being like, oh, that was neat. Give us the audio so we can put that in.

21. marshmallowpie

marshmallowpie Forum Resident

Honestly this idiocy ruins a few of the songs. I can usually tolerate modern albums that are mastered like this, but there are always a couple of songs that just sound terrible (on MBDTF, All the Lights is nearly unlistenable). I thought my headphones were broken when I was listening to Ultra Light Beams. Thankfully, that level of distortion isn't constant throughout the whole album (or at least I don't notice it throughout the whole album), but some of the songs were painful to listen to.

22. JohnnyQuest

Since Kanye keeps boasting about "30 Hours" being the bonus song and his version of a "Shout-out track",I decided to place it after Wolves. :)
    In fact, this might be the first "Bonus track" I've listened to since "Late" from Late Registration. Love it. Kanye keeping it old school.:thumbsup:

23. JohnnyQuest

24. White_Noise

White_Noise Forum Resident

Apparently someone tricked Martin Shkreli out of 15 million to buy rights to this album and he's PISSED lmao

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  25. White_Noise

White_Noise Forum Resident

My version is 18 tracks FLAC

1) Ultralight Beam
    2) Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1
    3) Pt. 2
    4)Famous
    5)Feedback
    6)Low Lights
    7)Highlights
    8)Freestyle 4