Collector's Choice % Off sales*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by dirtymac, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

must. resist. ccmusic.com.

NotOneStraw likes this.
  2. NotOneStraw

NotOneStraw Well-Known Member

resistance is futile. As I just learned.

3. misterclean

misterclean Forum Resident

CC just jacked the price on the Five Years box. Went from $200 to $250 overnight.

4. NotOneStraw

I don't even see it there anymore

(glad I snagged it for the $173 shipped)

The Beave and Kevin j like this.
  5. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Thankfully I had it in my cart so after seeing this post checked my cart and it was still there at the $200 Minus 25% price...It's times like this where it pays to have a registered account and save things in your cart if you are unsure about an immediate purchase.

NotOneStraw likes this.
  6. NotOneStraw

yeah you never know when you just have to purchase something in a split second's time ;)

7. Mr.Sneis

Mr.Sneis Forum Resident

I am not sure if this is common knowledge but CC is also a presence on discogs; the shipping is a flat $3 and the prices can be higher or lower (I'm finding mostly lower) than what's on the site. Factoring in the shipping after the 25%, it is worth comparing.

http://www.discogs.com/user/Collectors-Choice

8. NotOneStraw

I've compared many times, the 25% discount is ALWAYS better. On Discogs they charge $2.99 shipping PER ALBUM, not flat.

9. Mr.Sneis

Mr.Sneis Forum Resident

Try looking at MOV releases for instance, I see some at around $35 on the site, $24 on discogs. I.E. Cypress Hill and Black Sunday.

When they are double LP's the cc site also notates an extra shipping charge.

And yes $3 per album.

10. NotOneStraw

Yup, for some labels that is the case, and without the 25% discount would be best served going thru Discogs. In the example you noted above, it's basically a wash (with the 25% off). Larger orders their shipping becomes negligible (often less than $1/album).

11. paul....r

paul....r Well-Known Member

I picked up a copy of the 2014 vinyl rerelease Can-Soon Over Babaluma last night from collectors choice last night ($8.48 + $3 shipping).
    It took them a a few hours, but they have listed another copy at that price.
    New item
    Can - Soon Over Babaluma: buy LP, Album at Discogs »
    Here is that releases page:
    Can - Soon Over Babaluma »
    Might be worth checking later to see if it has been relisted, if the item above is sold out

12. Beholdentonoone

I may have spoken too soon as this is clearly out of stock and I have not gotten any kind of shipping notice. I called them and they told me they should get new stock in and I mentioned I had heard it was now out of print. The waiting (and sweating) game now begins!

13. paul....r

They also have unlimited edition 2xvinyl
    Buy Can - Unlimited Edition (Vinyl) at Discogs Marketplace »
    ($11+ $3 shipping)

14. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Got mine yesterday!! Just like the Stones Abkco Box, very nice and the factory shipping box has the hard styrofoam stuff to keep the box well away from the outside shipping box.
    Great Deal for $173.
    thanks cc
    the beave

NotOneStraw likes this.
  15. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Yep, it's gone.
    the beave

NotOneStraw likes this.
  16. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Is there a code for Import Cd's ?

17. I Have Been Floated

I Have Been Floated Duke of Kirkcaldy

I haven't found a code for ImportCDs but have found orders through them are cheaper than CCMusic even without a code. They also do very cheap expedited shipping comparable in time to Amazon Prime.

18. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

19. NotOneStraw

are you talking about CDs or vinyl?

I find it extremely difficult to believe that ImportCDs is going to be cheaper than CCMusic with a 25% off discount code. Their stock is virtually identical (check the 'available titles' numbers in the sorting filters on the left rail).

20. There used to be real differences in pricing between the various Super D-owned web stores but that has been drastically cut down in the past two years.

21. I Have Been Floated

I Have Been Floated Duke of Kirkcaldy

I did three orders the last two weeks and put identical orders in carts on the ImportCDs and CCmusic websites. All three times the ImportCDs was cheaper even with the code. Lower prices and shipping was half the cost. Expedited shipping got to me in 2 days. (I live in the Pacific Northwest)

22. NotOneStraw

but CDs or vinyl? because I did a little checking of items in my wishlist (all vinyl) and not one of them was cheaper on ImportCDs after applying the CCMusic 25% off.

Quake1028 likes this.
  23. Beholdentonoone

Well I did speak to soon as I just got a cancellation notice for my Bowie 5 Years Box Set...Problem was they didn't refund the shipping so the Vinyl Piece I ordered along with the dos set did ship and I was charged around $40 for a single Vinyl LP + Shipping. Annoying as I had to call them and point this out before they refunded the cost of the shipping for the box.

24. paul....r

Some deals from cc on discogs:
    Amadou Balake-Bar Konon Mousso Bar $8.27 vinyl
    Amadou Balake* - Bar Konon Mousso Bar »

I have not heard but its on LITA records, ther write up:
    Amadou Ballake - Bar Konon Mousso Bar | Light In The Attic Records »

Yo la tengo: I can hear the heart beating as one 2xvinyl $11
    Buy Vinyl Records and CDs from Collectors-Choice at Discogs Marketplace »

Wilco/B. Bragg vol2 2xvinyl $10

Townes Van Zandt: In the Begining $7

Sleater-Kinney S/T Vinyl $7.50

Shipping is $3 each

black sheriff and johnnypaddock like this.
  25. misterclean

misterclean Forum Resident

So, does the sale really end today, or will another 25% off code come along in the near future? I really don't need to drop any more cash at the moment.:sweating: