Suede New Album Night Thoughts

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by andres lira, Sep 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJK74

AJK74 Forum Resident

I remember buying this when it came out. I was so excited when I saw the cover in the newsagents as I had only got into Bowie a year or two before Suede came along:

[​IMG]

Neonbeam likes this.
  2. mf.31101985

mf.31101985 New Member

Many thanks AJK74!! Beautiful package :)

AJK74 likes this.
  3. Group of One

Group of One Forum Resident

There was a poster (or maybe double page spread photo) in this issue that I had on my wall. Love these two.

AJK74 likes this.
  4. Kristeva

Kristeva Forum Resident

Got my vinyl copy today - perfectly flat and well centered, no noise issues. Very impressed.

mf.31101985 and AJK74 like this.
  5. MarioHead

MarioHead Forum Resident

Finally ordered the 2lp record today. Looking forward to listening to this fantastic album.

AJK74 likes this.
  6. rubberhead

rubberhead I've never made a bad record

Just did it again.

AJK74 and Neonbeam like this.
  7. Jeff Minn

Jeff Minn Senior Member

Just picked this up yesterday and I am really enjoying it. This will easily be among my very favorite albums of 2016. In a word . . . lush.

AJK74 likes this.
  8. Frank205

Frank205 Forum Resident

Got lp friday beautiful pressing very quiet and flat. when Brett Anderson starters singing I didn't realise I had to change the speed to 45 much better quality than the last Bloodsport lp which I had to replace. still one of the most important UK bands and the Manic Street Preachers

Neonbeam likes this.
  9. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Not sure how "important" they are - and I can't stand MSP after "Holy Bible" - but the important thing about Suede is that they never cared to be "important". It's all about beauty in garbage and magical moments;);)

10. Frank205

Frank205 Forum Resident

I totally agree about suede. but Manic Street Preachers last album futurology absolutely outstanding

11. Neonbeam

To be honest I stopped trying after "Lifeblood", never really was a fan of them anyway. But "The Holy Bible" is fantastic. Go figure;)

12. Frank205

Frank205 Forum Resident

I will give it a spin haven't played in a while

13. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

And the verdict?

14. Neonbeam

The verdict? "Night Thoughts" made me revisit "Bloodsports" and I really liked that. Now I need to go back to "Night Thoughts" to see (hear?) how they compare. But I guess it's safe to say that both are at least in "Coming Up"'s league.

15. leoconsole

leoconsole Forum Resident

I think Night Thoughts might actually be my favourite Suede LP there is! I've been a die-hard Suede fan since The Drowners, I've bought everything, every solo thing or spin-off project too.

Incidentally, give Futurology a chance. I gave up on the Manics after Journal For Plague Lovers. Every LP they've released since This Is My Truth has been a disappointment for me (having optimistically bought them based on favorable reviews). Futurology is different though, genuinely good LP.

16. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

See it the other day think the price was 21.99.does it come with download?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  17. Neonbeam

I es
    Yes!

alexpop likes this.
  18. Neonbeam

I gave up on the Manics after Ritchie "left". Never liked the slick, poppy trio stuff. The first two albums are spotty, "Motorcycle Emptiness" is one of the biggest "WOW"s ever and "The Holy Bible" is one of the best albums of the 90's.

19. hazard

hazard Forum Resident

Back in the 90s, when I still listened to new music, I got into Suede. Really loved their first 2 albums, and so did my wife. But after Bernard left they weren't the same. Not bad by any means, but I dont think that Brett can hold up an album by himself. I bought the next 2 albums and then gave up. I still listen to Suede and Dog Man Star today but the others - they haven't been on my turntable since the 90s. I saw them in Melbourne around 1997 and my over-riding memory is the awful sound that night. I've seen and heard great shows at The Forum and I dont know how they made it sound so bad. I just asked my wife what she remembers of that night. She says 'Not much. I dont think that they were as good as we expected. The songs ďidn^t really translate well to a live environment.'.

20. Frank205

Frank205 Forum Resident

Just listen to blood sports after getting the new album I forgot how good of an album is it was a great comeback. I love suede but I think the new album is getting too much acclaim... dog man star the first album are masterpieces coming
    Up was great pop album. Brett Anderson Bernard Butler released an album the tears I really like that album

21. Frank205

Frank205 Forum Resident

I think suede and a Manic Street Preachers are as good as ever

leoconsole likes this.
  22. Frank205

Frank205 Forum Resident

Everybody think that and the Holy Bible is the Manic Street Preachers best album I don't agree.... everything must go from 96 is my fav . my top five Manic Street Preachers albums 1st Everything Must Go.....2 send away the tigers 2007,,,3 holy bible 1994 4 futurology 2014 generation terrorists 92

23. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

This is a really good album.

DrBeatle and AJK74 like this.
  24. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

Really good!

25. 12stringbassist

12stringbassist Location: Irrelevance.

Spookily, I have just logged in here and it's playing at Twelver Towers right now.
    'Like Kids' as I type.

DTK likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.