Survivor 2016: Survivor Kaoh Rong – Brawn vs Brains vs Beauty II

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by xdawg, Feb 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I agree and I'll bet Tai's thinking was, "If I make it the final 3 with these two guys, they'll cut my throat first. So, better to take out Scott now before that happens." I think Tai also knows that making a big move can put a target on his back. But, knowing how the girls feel about Jason, Tai knows he'll likely stay until Jason is in the jury.

Everyone there knows Tai has an idol. No one left likes Jason. As long as his energy keeps up, Tai's in the running to win this, as of right now. Winning immunity is huge the rest of the way now.

2. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Ah, but Scot and Jason never would have kept Tai to go with them to the end even though they promised. They would have brought the weakest remaining player with them. Tai did the right thing by getting one of them out ASAP.

3. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

this season sure got a lot more interesting! it's funny, the big tall basketball player gets rejected by the smallest guy on the island :laugh:

Tim Peterson likes this.
  4. John54

John54 Senior Member

I don't care for Tai, I hope he doesn't win it. That would be Saoh Rong ...

nosticker and asdf35 like this.
  5. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

Players like Joe often make it to the end, but no one ever votes for them to win because they really didn't play much of a game. Being innocuous doesn't get you much appreciation at the final.

John K.

6. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I know. And its always frustrating to watch. Not sure he'll end up in the finals, but I think he'll be around at least a few more votes.

At this point I'm pulling for Aubrey or Juliya.

ivan_wemple and Tree of Life like this.
  7. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

Aubry has been my top choice for winner for a few weeks now, with the latest episode only strengthening that. She plays a good game and is impressive in challenges, even if she doesn't win them.

I would be okay with Julia or Tai winning too. Joe and Michelle appear to be non-players at this point and don't deserve to win. Jason and Cydney are too unlikable.

ivan_wemple and Tree of Life like this.
  8. JohnBeas

JohnBeas Forum Resident

I did a search on this and you can't give your idol away after the votes are read and you've been voted out. One thing I'm not sure about - to use the super-idol do you actually have to possess one to become immune or can 2 people with idols pair up and save another person (ie. if Jason had kept his idol could he and Tai have used their 2 idols to save Scott after the vote)?

The rules for Survivor's hidden immunity idol and super idol »

xdawg likes this.
  9. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves Thread Starter

WTH Michelle? Where did you come from?
    It sucks that Julia got voted off.
    Tai sort of dodged a bullet at TC.
    Just noticed that Jason's armpit tattoo is a pine-tree air freshener o_O

rburly likes this.
  10. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I started thinking "Who is Michell?" - Seriously. :)
    She was truly blindsided.
    He took a huge chance there. Obviously we don't know everything that's discussed there, but I would have thrown that idol right at Jeff. And pretty quickly too. Tai looked around at everybody, so he must have caught something none of saw.

xdawg likes this.
  11. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I think the girls were foolish to let him get out of that without even burning his idol. They know he has an idol, they know he also has an advantage (which they should have some inkling of what that is) and there are only three tribals left. Aubrey, if she were thinking when Tai asked her if he should use his idol, shouldn't have told him he was safe. She should have said something to the effect of "I have no idea now, I'm not voting for you, but I don't know what they're all doing". She could have gotten him to at least burn his idol without going against her alliance and voting his name.

rburly and xdawg like this.
  12. rjp

rjp Senior Member

bad bad move not voting off tai.....it is going to be hard for him to lose now.

xdawg likes this.
  13. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves Thread Starter

Good one! Jason addressed this same rule to the camera last night. You beat him to it!

14. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

Michele may not be making huge moves but I would say she's the best player around besides Aubry. Just comparing the way she and Julia reacted to being left out of the Scot vote, Michele handled it so much better, mending fences but keeping her options open. She and Joe are the only players left who have never been targeted, and it's not because she's a non-entity or someone who would be easy to beat at the end. A low-key, quiet game =/= not playing. Sometimes the best move is no move. Doesn't make for the most exciting TV but I'd rather be a boring 'character' with a million dollars than get second or third place and become a professional Survivor contestant.

That said, I was really hoping for a Tai blindside just to keep the dynamics shifting!

15. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

If it came down to Tai and Aubry at the end, that would be a very interesting conclusion. I suspect Aubry would beat Tai in the voting, just because Tai burned more people along the way.

16. John54

John54 Senior Member

Probst fouled up again at the immunity challenge by announcing loudly that one contestant (Michelle, I think it was) was keeping track of the symbols by writing notes in sand at her station. Why blow another player's advantage through their own cleverness? Idiot.

17. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

In former Survivor contestant news, Natalie Tenerelli, from Survivor: Redemption Island has a major role on a new reality series. The show is entitled LA Clippers Dance Squad airs on the E! channel. She came in third place to Crazy Phillip and Sleazy Rob.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The show on the E! network will have its season/series(?) finale next Thursday. It is eight episodes.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

rburly, asdf35 and xdawg like this.
  18. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

^ Great post/pics!.....although I don't remember her or the season, nor am I interested in the new show. heh heh

19. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

Translated=He played the game

Look, you have to burn people, lie to people, stick it in & twist people, put a boot where the sun doesn't shine etc, OR, they'll do it to you eventually. If Tai makes it to the end, he should win but that isn't always the case of course with this show. Survivor has gone soft IMO.

rburly and applebonkerz like this.
  20. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Because you're the almighty ego that is Probst. You must loudly insert your opinion and influence at every possible opportunity. He's the hardest part of the show to watch.

anthontherun, John54 and Texastoyz like this.
  21. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

Yeah, I totally agree. The problem is that some people on the jury forget that it's game and take it personally when they feel they have been wronged... despite the fact that they themselves were plotting to turn against the very same people they now accuse of disloyalty.

Based on the game that has been aired to date, Tai probably should be the winner. He has played harder than the rest, finding idols, making strategic alliances, switching alliances at the right time, and being strong in challenges. Aubry is playing a slightly better social game (to date), so that may work in her favor when it comes to jury votes... assuming she gets that far, of course.

I'm kind of disappointed that nobody on this week's episode pointed out that if Tai had saved Scott, he was making himself vulnerable for elimination, since he was tied with Aubry in votes. He could have easily lost a re-vote.

22. keifspoon

keifspoon Senior Member

Yup, it's Probst's world....the contestants are just living in it.

jriems and Texastoyz like this.
  23. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

Probably because he put himself in that position by voting for Scot instead of Aubrey. I laughed when Scot asked for the idol
    knowing the position it would put Tai in.

It will be interesting to see how that play works out for Tai. With the way the tribe disliked Scot after his and Jason's actions at
    camp keeping him around over Aubrey may have made more sense. With Aubrey elevating her game since that vote it may come
    back and bite him in the end.

24. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

Apparently the rest of the daytime audience felt the same way and his talk show went bye bye.

25. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

People may think that Tai is just another deceptive, cutthroat Survivor player, and maybe he is, but I gotta admit his Scot takedown maneuver is in my personal Top 5 Survivor tribal moves of all time.
    Has to be. My jaw was on the floor.

Dan

xdawg and rburly like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.