Marvel's "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is a go...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Another good episode last night.

Liking the bad Daisy.

2. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

I think the SHIELD agent that dies is Daisy, likely taking Ward/Hive with her.

3. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

Man, I hope not. I love Daisy. It broke my heart when Bobby & Hunter left. I'll go thru serious physiological problems if she dies so NOOOOOO it cannot be her!

It was a good episode but I'm really getting sick & tired of being sick & tired of looking at Wards face. Blow his a** to smithereens why don't ya?

4. David Campbell

I agree, however it makes the most dramatic sense and would make the most impact on the team going into Season 4. The only other death that would do that would be killing off Coulson himself (again), and that ain't happening. Plus, as much as I like Daisy, I think she and Ward have been too much of a focus for the show and it wouldn't be the worst thing to at least take a season long break from both. After all, this is the Marvel Universe we are talking about, death is almost just a nice long restful nap for some characters. Remember, Coulson himself was dead at one point and he got better. What's to say that Daisy couldn't return in Season 5 or 6?

5. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

It may make sense from the movie side of the house too.
    Explains why such a powerful Inhuman/SHIELD agent is not part of the team to take down the big bad (Thanos).

6. Dok

Dok Senior Member

I've wondered if they'll have another tie in with the new Captain America like they did when Winter Soldier came out.

[​IMG]

7. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

Stop, just stop with the Daisy being snuffed out. Let it be the electricity boy. He's expendable, she's to crucial to the show.

8. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

And here's the Gwen Stacy death-issue cover they took the inspiration from:

[​IMG]

Andy Smith likes this.
  9. tommy-thewho

Daisy would be a shocker.

Wouldn't bother me if Fitz gets it..

10. My guess is Fitz or Simmons. Either kill one of them or let them do the nasty. Enough with the teasing already!

11. David Campbell

They finally did the nasty last night based on where how we left them last night.

kevywevy likes this.
  12. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Its the speedy Hispanic lady. She had the same cross on her neck when she first appeared. They did a way too obvious close up shot of it.

Maggie likes this.
  13. Maggie

Maggie like a walking, talking art show

That is true, but that seems too obvious. They've been doing a lot of fake-outs this season.

14. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Or did she give her necklace to Mack for protection? Hmmm...

15. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

You could be right. To be honest Mack is the most disposable one of the team going forward. But I find it odd that the Hispanic lady who has so far only been in one episode has a space on the cover of the ad.

16. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

She's definitely the safe bet. I just don't think they'd be so obvious to telegraph it like that, but they very well could.

At this point, I'm just still bummed that Bobby and Hunter are gone.

17. tommy-thewho

There was talk of Bobby and Hunter getting their own show.

18. Maggie

Maggie like a walking, talking art show

Two episodes, she was in #11 and #17.

If it's Mack, the show would have a serious race problem. Think about the fates of all of the other major black characters the show has had: Trip, killed; Raina, mutated and killed; Andrew, mutated into a heavy, probably won't survive the season; Deathlok, made into a heavy and more or less written out of the show. Am I forgetting anyone? Somehow I think the creators of Agents of Shield are aware of how it would look to kill off Mack, leaving them with no major black characters, and are going to steer clear. Anyway, he's one of my favorite actors on the show so I'd miss him.

If somebody actually does die, the most obvious candidates are probably May, Daisy, Fitz, and Simmons. I'm leaving aside Lincoln and Yo-Yo (because I don't think anyone would care) and the metal-melty guy, because then they'd be in a similar position as the race problem I've already described, killing off their only gay character.

19. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Yeah but Mack is still the most disposable. He's just the heavy guy.

20. tommy-thewho

Decent final.

Wouldn't call that a major character leaving the show.

21. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Brett Dalton has been with the show since the beginning. He was taken out with the newb as well. Seems major enough to me.

I actually liked the first hour a lot better than the second. The humor and the dramatic stuff just seemed to play better. For the former, all of the stuff with Talbot was comedy gold. The awkward hologram sequence with Fitz, the phrase "betting on Wrestlemania stupid"... :laugh:

BrentR79 likes this.
  22. tommy-thewho

Shield has basically ripped off The Matrix lately.

23. Ken_McAlinden

I would say it is floating somewhere between "The Matrix" and the Kurzweilian singularity themes of Joss Whedon's "Dollhouse", but it at least has been fun to watch.

F_C_FRANKLIN and Erik Tracy like this.
  24. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

Yeah, I don't agree with the Matrix ripoff - it's a play on virtual reality, but android surrogates are supplanting people in the 'real' world at the same time. And the focus is not what happens inside the virtual world.

And it has been fun to watch.

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  25. Ken_McAlinden

Well... It seemed major while it lasted. :laugh: ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.