The Monkees complete TV show on Blu-ray box set.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Pizza, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni Thread Starter

Npgchris is not the only fan. I have zero interest in the reworked songs.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  2. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

I agree. I'm not really interested in the reworked songs, only the episodes as they originally aired.

bluejeanbaby and Grand_Ennui like this.
  3. Please let us know how it goes and which episodes/songs you try. I'm most interested in the '67 songs and the episodes Success Story & One Man Shy. (Since Monkees On Tour and Royal Flush are confirmed with alt tracks.)

4. I'm gonna keep the DVDs for reference sake myself.

5. Guessin' we would've heard about it by now from Sandoval.

6. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

I know a lot of people who ordered it initially paid about $233. I just ordered it and it came to $217.

$199.98 for the box, $4.99 for 7-10 day standard ground shipping (the only option they gave me), and $12.30 tax.

I thought it was interesting they could ship this for $4.99 but the Rhino Handmade Monkees boxes were
    almost triple that--and you had no choice.

7. Lucky bastid.

8. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Nah.. By the time I pay it off, interest will have put it over $233. :)

9. Sunset Sam

Sunset Sam Forum Resident

The episode that started the feminism movement! Lessee....take the all-girl band and the all-boy band, and then relegate the girls to being skimpy-dressed go-go dancers while the music still comes from just the boy band. Curious if this offended any of the pre-teen girls watching this back in '67......

Michelle66 likes this.
  10. No. But The Chipmunks did sue which is why the band never had a followup...

11. Mr. Webster the Poster

Mr. Webster the Poster Well-Known Member

:laugh:

12. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

These bonus features excite me to no end. I was originally put off by the price and have been ignoring this.. but last night I spun some of my Monkee vinyl, figured I'd check out the latest on the set, and saw a few months of news that had passed me by. 58 episodes in amazing quality, Head, 33 1/3, the incredible amount of outtakes.. I remember how jawdropping good Batman looked.. never thought I'd see the same for the Monkees. Glad it was still for sale!

Or watch the shows out of order if it's THAT much of a problem.

People were too smart back then to go around offended by everything. God I miss those days.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    sean4554, George C. and Hutch like this.
  13. Won't help. I get sick of same song to different romps. I'm gonna wait and see how successful Michelle66's franken-edits are then proceed. :shh:

14. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I wish I can afford this, but not at $2oo.oo dollars and I guess this will never go down being a limited edition...

15. George C.

George C. Forum Resident

I didn't look too closely at the picture before, but it looks like the booklet will include the synopsis, production notes/trivia, songs performed, original air date, writers, director, etc. for each episode. Better than the DVD set as far as what you get in a handy physical format.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  16. cabowabodude5150

cabowabodude5150 Forum Resident

as soon as I receive this set, I have two different sets that will be sold, original rhino and eagle sets.

chad

17. shmenge7372

shmenge7372 Member

Didn't John Hughes state in the Zilch podcast that Rhino would not only be posting actual product shots (which were shared in this thread) but a revised contents list as well? The site still lists the episode discs as containing 10 Saturday morning rerun alternate audio tracks so clearly this has not been updated yet.

18. George C.

George C. Forum Resident

I'm pretty sure that they were supposed to send out an updated real complete listing last week or early this week. I'm hoping that the delay is the result of good news.

Grand_Ennui and D-rock like this.
  19. Michael

so basically we will not see this box set drop in price... correct?

20. Michael

yea, those Rhino sets were not that great...I still have them, but they are worthless...

21. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I have the two seasons from RHINO... I'm going to keep them...

22. Correct. Limited edition Monkees stuff never goes down in price. They go up astronomically. However they were saying a less expensive set without the bonus disc may become available later.

Michael likes this.
  23. Michael

thanks for the info...that would work better for me.

24. cabowabodude5150

cabowabodude5150 Forum Resident

I have both seasons two times.

chad

25. George C.

George C. Forum Resident

Can't wait to see these colors on the blu-ray!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]