Official Green Hornet Thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Great post Bradock. :righton: I was 8 in 1966, 52 now, and still love the Black Beauty. :agree:

2. Myke

The Green Hornet Blu-ray, 3D Blu-ray Announced Share
    Posted March 7, 2011 10:34 AM by Juan Calonge

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced The Green Hornet for Blu-ray release on May 3, in two editions: a single disc BD, and a three-disc 3D BD / 2D BD / DVD combo pack. This superhero movie, directed by Michel Gondry and starring Seth Rogen, was shot natively in 2D and converted to 3D for theatrical exhibition.

Special features include:
    Filmmakers' Commentary
    Jay Chou Audition
    Double Barrel
    The Green Hornet Cutting Room (BD-exclusive)
    "Awesoom"-Gag Reel
    "Trust Me" -Director Michel Gondry (BD-exclusive)
    Writing The Green Hornet
    The Black Beauty: Rebirth of Cool
    PS3 Theme (BD-exclusive)
    The Stunt Family Armstrong (BD-exclusive)
    Finding Kato (BD-exclusive)
    The Art of Destruction (BD-exclusive)
    movieIQ (BD-exclusive)
    The 3D version will also include 3D animated storyboards.

3. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member Thread Starter

Gondry version = cinematic turd !

4. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

Watched this last night. Lots of fun, more a comedy/action flick than I expected. Seth Rogan plays Seth Rogan again, but having said that, we all enjoyed the laughs, the stupid fights and the cool cars.

I don't know what the long time fans will make of Britt Reid being a buffoon though.

5. Watch it last night on my flight back to London, enjoyable light entertainment.

6. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

I saw it last night too, much better than I'd thought it would be. Seth Rogen was channeling his "Observe and Report" character so it was all good.

7. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

MeTV airs eight episodes of THE GREEN HORNET on St. Patricks Day

http://www.metvnetwork.com/files/Green_Hornet_Me_TV_2012V3(4).pdf

To celebrate St. Patricks Day, MeTV will bring out the Green - THE GREEN HORNET
    that is. Here are the episodes scheduled:

6:00 PM THE SILENT GUN
    In this premiere episode, Dave Bannister is shot at a funeral with 20 witnesses
    present and not a shot was heard, not even from the Green Hornet's friend, the
    District Attorney, who was also attending. The Green Hornet and Kato respond in
    the infamous Black Beauty and hit the streets to track down the culprit.

6:30 PM ALIAS THE SCARF
    When a wax figure of The Scarf, an infamous strangler from 15 years ago, is
    replaced by figures of the Green Hornet and Kato, The Scarf figure seemingly
    comes to life and starts attacking people.

7:00 PM THE FROG IS A DEADLY WEAPON
    Private Investigator Nat Pyle informs Britt that he has proof, for a story, that
    presumed dead racketeer Glen Connors, is still alive. Shortly later, Nat is
    found floating dead in the harbor from a possible boating accident. The Green
    Hornet thinks otherwise and finds a special interest, because...Glen Connors
    framed the Green Hornet's real father.

7:30 PM THE PREYING MANTIS
    Organized crime's "Protection" Boss Duke Slate decides it's time to acquire the
    oriental businesses in town and uses Low Sing's gang to handle his influence.
    Low Sing, a martial arts professional, instructs his craft to his gang using the
    actions of a caged Preying Mantis,
    analogizing its intricate moves to proper Kung-Fu application. After a
    kidnapping engineered by Low Sing, a challenge between Sing & Kato results in an
    interesting conclusion.

8:00 PM CORPSE OF THE YEAR, PART 1
    While making its nighttime rounds, a Daily Sentinel delivery truck is fired on
    by an imposter Green Hornet, driving an exact duplicate of the Black Beauty.
    Attacks on the paper's employees continue throughout the night; it appears
    someone has declared war on the Sentinel.

8:30 PM CORPSE OF THE YEAR, PART 2
    Britt Reid believes that the death of the Daily Express publisher, Simon Neal,
    was no accident, and that Neal was the fake Green Hornet's target all along.
    When a would-be informant is killed, all clues point to Dan Scully as the phony
    Green Hornet.

9:00 PM BAD BET ON A 459-SILENT
    Britt Reid must figure out how to get medical attention for a wound he received
    as the Green Hornet and stop two cops who are using silent alarm calls for their
    own profit.

9:30 PM CRIME WAVE
    The Green Hornet is framed for a jewelry heist he didn't commit.

All times Eastern.

8. Myke

What the hell is MeTv ? Comcast ? :confused:

9. HGN2001

MeTV is a network started by Weigel Broadcasting in Chicago. It broadcasts older, classic TV shows 24 hours a day.

Though sometimes found on cable systems, it's actually designed for use by local stations' digital subchannels. Here in the Tampa metro, there's an NBC station that claims channel 8.1. Their digital subchannel is MeTV on 8.2.

MeTV can be found in many markets and sometimes ONLY over-the-air, so you might need an antenna.

http://metvnetwork.com

Harry

10. Myke

Thanks Harry. Unfortunately...

" Me-TV is currently unavailable in your area. We are in the process of adding new stations each day - check back here for more announcements.

If you'd like to receive great classic programming in your area, please contact your favorite local station and encourage them to become an affiliate. Refer them to this site, MeTVNetwork.com, for network and contact information "

:sigh:

11. HGN2001

Well, you could travel 100 miles or so down to Jackson, TN, I suppose...:sigh:

Harry

12. Myke

True. Get some dang fine strawberries too ! :thumbsup:

13. Scope J

Any word on tv series
    dvd set ?

longdist01 likes this.
  14. Scope J

Summer bump

longdist01 likes this.
  15. Scope J

longdist01 likes this.
  16. Myke

longdist01 likes this.
  17. Scope J

18. Myke

Get a better response than you will here. Search Results | TVShowsOnDVD.com »

Click to Vote for and get instant e mails pertaining to the shows o your choice.

19. Scope J

Ok , thanks

20. Myke

No problem, I just cast my vote at the link above. Works so well, I forgot a show, and rec'd an e mail that had me puzzled...until I remembered.

21. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

I got a copy of the 4-disc "Ultimate Collection" several years ago, which was almost certainly an illegitimate release. On the plus side, it was fairly cheap but still had pressed discs with full artwork in a nice slipcased foldout digipak. On the minus side, the picture quality was only so-so (it was pretty obviously sourced from TV broadcasts), and the set was missing one episode, "May the Best Man Lose". But in the absence of anything better, it was watchable. I see that copies now seem to be selling for double or triple what I paid.

I would love to see a Green Hornet Blu-ray release with similar quality to the Batman TV series Blu-rays, but given that the demand for the Hornet is nowhere near what it was for Batman, I'm not optimistic that we'll ever get a legit release even on DVD.

longdist01 likes this.
  22. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Hopefully the Batman tv series negotiations for DVD/Blu-ray releases will open up some channels for a future Green Hornet release/s.

23. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

24. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

25. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.