Bad Company Live In Concert 1977 & 1979

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John Fell, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pennywise

Pennywise Forum Resident

A few samples:

Stephen J and Mark Wilson like this.
  2. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

Ordered my copy today! I hope there might be vinyl option down the road.

3. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

This is a must have. Hopefully vinyl or HiRez options are in our near future.

Coricama likes this.
  4. JRD

JRD Forum Resident

Why is this a must have? What makes this a better performance than Live Albuquerque 1976? I know that it has a different tracklist with rare gems, but are the performances that good?

Live Albuquerque 1976 is a powerful album.

5. JRD

JRD Forum Resident

Sounds good, but I'm not blown away yet. I need to hear more individual songs to make up my mind.

driverdrummer likes this.
  6. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

This is available on HDTRACKS at 96/24 now.

johnny q and JRD like this.
  7. sgtpppr84

sgtpppr84 Forum Resident

I was excited about this release when it was announced but after listening through all the song clips on iTunes this morning, I'm not all that impressed. I don't care for the clean/bright guitar tone and none of these tracks really come off as being better or more exciting than the studio versions. I'll be interested to read what others have to say once they get a chance to listen.

JRD likes this.
  8. JRD

JRD Forum Resident

The guitar tone does sound weak on some of the tracks and Rodgers does sound a bit drunk as well. I'm waiting to hear more.

9. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Because I want it:sigh: Sorry....that's the best I can do.

Malina and Coricama like this.
  10. CusBlues

CusBlues Fort Wayne’s Favorite Retired Son

Plus, it is available at a decent price. Isn't the 1976 show out of print and expensive?

11. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Yeah, it appears to be out of print and was selling for 30 bucks on Amazon only a few years ago. I'm not a Bad Company completest to say the least, but this new one piqued my interest for some reason. I'll probably grab the 24/96 tonight from HdTracks.

12. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Just when you thought you've seen it all.

English boys wearing cowboy hats for the Texas crowd.........

[​IMG]

ARK, johnny q and John Fell like this.
  13. Frawls

Frawls Forum Resident

The Albuquerque show may have a better set list and ever so slightly better performance but this set is still very good and the sound beats the hell out of the Albuquerque set. I prefer the Wembley disc as Paul Rogers is on rhythm guitar to flesh out the arrangements. I've always liked Bad Company and they were good at what they did but they certainly stuck to a formula in the studio and on stage that worked for them. I'm not sure there are any big revelations to be found on any of their live recordings but they were a solid band. I'd recommend this easily if you like the group.

aoxomoxoa, Malina, johnny q and 2 others like this.
  14. JRD

JRD Forum Resident

Ok, i've listened to it and I've changed my mind. Its really good..this is the sound of Badco live..a bit different from their studio work.. it sounds like the music that I heard at the concerts.

The 77' show is probably them at their most hard rocking. They sounded almost 'heavy' on that tour. The 79' show is quite different, a lighter, brighter, cleaner sound, more professional, but quite tasteful and still rockin'.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    johnny q likes this.
  15. JRD

JRD Forum Resident

R.I.P. Boz - you were a GREAT bassist.

johnny q and John Fell like this.
  16. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Yeah, I want to hear this through my Klipsch's. This is real live classic rock. :agree:

Mark Wilson likes this.
  17. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Sounds and LOOKS fine to me. :cheers:

[​IMG]

Always love to see "new" releases with the Swan Song logo.

18. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Listened to the first CD this morning. I thought it was pretty good.

19. Am I right in thinking that Live 1977 - 1979 has been newly remixed from the multi-tracks? Also, does anyone know who mastered it?

20. JRD

JRD Forum Resident

I'm not sure, but Martin Birch recorded/engineered the 79' concert.

21. Thanks, but I was hoping that someone who's already bought the album would know by reading the credit notes.

22. The Deluxe Editions of their first two albums that were released last year (2015) were made available in 24bit/96kHz on HDtracks, so it's a good possibility that this album will be released in high rez as well. :)

23. Terry

Terry Senior Member

It's fine, although I found myself skipping to the next track far too often.

24. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Mastered By:

Jon Astley at Close To The Edge 2016

Mixed from the original mult-tracks by Richard Digby Smith 2016

@Andrew Smith

hi_watt and driverdrummer like this.
  25. Thanks for that, so it has been newly mixed. Jon Astley at Close To The Edge also mastered the Deluxe Editions of Bad Company (S/T debut) and Straight Shooter that were released in 2015.

Richard Digby Smith also newly remixed all the content on Disc 2 on both of these Deluxe Editions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.