Good "apple-like" headphones.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by thesisinbold, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesisinbold

thesisinbold Forum Resident Thread Starter

I want ear-bud type headphones for running but I don't want the kind that seem to go into the ear canal. I want the ones that just sit in your ear, the style you get with your iPhone. I've been using 10 dollar pairs that I get at Target for 10 years. I'm sick of it. Can someone send me in the right direction?

2. Prophetzong

Prophetzong Forum Resident

3. thesisinbold

thesisinbold Forum Resident Thread Starter

4. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

I'd read some recommendations for the Sennheisers; you can also just look at ratings on Amazon (that's all you can go by, really, since headphones depend so much on your ears, brain, and the output impedance of the device driving the headphones).
    Now mind, with the clip style, the bass will always lack due to no sealing.

5. mixedupfiles

mixedupfiles Forum Resident

I'm an avid runner and due to safety concerns, I simply can't run with my Shure SE215 in-ear monitors as they block all exterior noise. Also, when running with the Shures on, I also experience a lot of microphonics. I do love the Shures, but just not for running.

A few years ago, specifically for running, I bought a pair of Sennheiser/Adidas branded Sennheiser PMX 68oi which only sit in the ears but use a neckband to keep them in place. They absolutely do the job for what I need. I just checked on Amazon, and it seems that the model that I own might be discontinued, but they still carry the Sennheiser PMX 685i .

6. StuJM84

StuJM84 Forum Resident

I have Soundmagic E10s and they're fantastic. I believe there is a newer version out now, but I've not heard them.

Although no clips, so might not be great for running.

Brando4905 likes this.
  7. Jack Flannery

Jack Flannery Forum Resident

I finally bought grado gr10's. Great sound.

8. Robert C

Robert C Forum Resident

The new FiiO EM3's sound good for a tenner.

9. murphythecat

murphythecat https://www.last.fm/user/murphythecat

value for money, VE monk. 5$. I put my 75$ sennheiser in the garbage after receiving these.

10. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I'd echo this option, although they really don't fit your original parameters of just sitting in your ea, or being like your original Apple ear bud style.

For $20, though, they sound great, should stay on your ears while running, and are open enough to let outside sounds through - important if you run anywhere near traffic.

mmars982 likes this.
  11. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I never heard of either of these before today, but after reading some review will be picking up both.

I'm a big fan of the Koss KSC75s too.

Robert C likes this.
  12. murphythecat

murphythecat https://www.last.fm/user/murphythecat

at head fi, the VE is getting big. the VE monk is so cheap and sound much better then ipod earbud for example

I have compared the ve monk to my friend ostry kc06 and they are almost as good.

at 5$, they are a ridiculous deal. they are also still going strong after over 6 months, so they seem reliable. my friend ostry kc06 just broke within 6 months...

for MUCH MORE OPTIONS: over 100 ear bud tested!
    this guys is insane: Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) »

dee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.