Radiohead- A Moon Shaped Pool

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Groovy, Oct 15, 2015.

1. You're not looking carefully enough, but then when did Radiohead ever do things conventionally? Rather than putting a normal countdown timer on their official site, it seems as if the page is literally fading away by 10% every ten minutes, with some fans speculating there will be an announcement once everything disappears to white... (because Dawn Chorus, geddit?) Based on the current level of visibility, we're looking at something happening by 18:00 GMT!

Joe Spivey and Groovy like this.
  2. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident Thread Starter

And what is this center square about, in the Radiohead Waste store? Has this always been there?

[​IMG]

3. Groovy

The page is now fading in and out so, it would seem that, predicting a specific time is impossible.

4. Someone over at Reddit has found that in addition to the fading code on Radiohead's site, there appears to be an embedded media player along with the link to a paid torrent file (which is currently unavailable), not to mention it looks as if something is being uploaded... Are we looking at an immediate digital release and stream for LP9 due any time now?

5. Groovy

The torrent link was probably already there for the 'Tomorrow's Modern Boxes' player at the bottom of the page.

Most of the pictures on the right of the page have disappeared, I think it really may be happening any minute now.

Edit - Now everything else is disappearing.

Now everything has gone.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  6. I'm finding that the front page of Dead Air Space keeps fading to almost entirely white now...

7. Groovy

It's all gone - at least in the U.S.

8. JimSpark

JimSpark I haven't got a title

This is fascinating.

9. LUNACHUCK

LUNACHUCK Forum Resident

It's sooooo white

10. Just for reference, how many of you were there for some of Radiohead's previous live online activities? I can still remember their very first webcast, which included an acoustic version of Knives Out several months before the studio recording surfaced on Amnesiac. These guys haven't let me down yet!

oneway23 likes this.
  11. Groovy

You don't get that kind of whiteness from just anybody. That's a special Radiohead whiteness, just for us.

12. There isn't even any source code to inspect now? We're so close!

13. runningaround

runningaround Active Member

14. Groovy

I began to suspect that everything may appear on a new website so I looked up dawnchorus.com. It won't load but the browser link says "meh - dawnchorus.com....meh, ...meh".

Is that something or just some crappy site? Oh it loaded and just says"Meh".

15. Even the profile picture of the band's official Twitter account is pure white... You've got to admire their consistency!

16. Groovy

It must be the album cover!

But probably not.....

---------------------------------

"How was your weekend?"

"Fantastic, I spent Sunday staring a web page that was totally white, until dawn."

"Why?"

"Because I love Radiohead."

"Oh, is their new album out?"

"Not yet."

17. I've just checked, and it seems as if that particular domain was last updated three months ago, though someone over at Reddit has noticed a lot of activity when it comes to page headers being updated over the last few minutes at the official Radiohead site. As for the white spaces, could these be a further reference after Thom's cryptic picture of a skylight uploaded to his Twitter account recently?

18. Groovy

Whatever that site is, it takes a suspiciously long time to reload.

19. All messages on Twitter and Facebook appear to have been deleted... This is by far the greatest hype campaign I've ever seen, and I can't imagine many other artists wanting their entire online presence to be white space for so long, yet Radiohead must surely know a large portion of their fanbase are currently putting their own lives on hold waiting for something to happen. Who said you can't do better than just suddenly dropping an album without any warning?!

20. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

I couldn't get Outside Lands tickets simply because of demand, most likely caused by the band that is the subject of this thread. Although, the LCD Soundsystem reunion is a draw also. I gotta get a ticket for Saturday night. I've seen Radiohead twice--on the Hail To The Thief tour in Toronto, and then at the first Outside lands in 2008. I joked with friends after the show that I saw Jesus during it, and I was half-joking, but also half-serious, because the show was that good, even though the PA sound cut out for a good stretch early in the set.

But I'm not sitting in front of a white computer screen. Maybe I should though.

Edit: I just went to the w.a.s.t.e. website, and they have a link there "dead air space", and of course if you click on it you're taken to the blank radiohead.com.

What does it all mean?!

21. Vern

Vern Forum Resident

Please let them release something new today! I cannot bear to wait a few more days for this!

22. They've clearly forgotten about their Google+ account...

23. ntslash

ntslash Member

Them and everyone else!

24. TokenGesture

TokenGesture Forum Resident

And Instagram !

25. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

Oh no, cracks in the mystique... Someone at the bands's HQ will get an earful, I'm sure.