Import CDs Shipping Charge Question

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Myke, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse Thread Starter

Couldn't find an answer here on the forum.
    Their FAQs don't answer me either.

I have a pre order of 3 Blu rays.
    Appropriate shipping charge of $5.97 ( 1.99 x 3 )

Their release dates are staggered across 3 weeks.

Is it normal for them to charge the entire $5.97 in addition to the cost of the first Blu ray ?

2. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

Not 100% sure, but I think so. I've had orders in the past that wound up getting split up into multiple shipments, and my recollection is that the entire shipping charge showed up on the initial shipment's notification. I may be mistaken about that, but I do know that I've never been charged additional shipping fees over and above what was stated when the order was placed, even if the items were shipped separately.

Myke and tmtomh like this.
  3. Myke

4. Myke

Just got a response to my questioning e mail.
    Basically says I am only charged for what has shipped ( which isn't the case here ) and that my other two titles will be shipping on the 10th, and 17th.
    Of course I responded back...
    Then got another e mail confirming the next two will be free of shipping charges.

What if I chose to cancel one, or both ? I'm out the shipping charges, because I already paid them ?!?

5. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

ImportCDs/DeepDiscount/CollectorsChoice are the sellers of choice for those who value price over all else. If you are going to require customer service, or if there's a chance you will want to change your order, you should not be buying from them. They are not set up for that. It will end in tears.

6. Dave Garrett

What kwadguy said. I cringe at the thought of having to try to get someone's attention there long enough to straighten out a problem with an order that wasn't my fault, let alone trying to get a partial refund for shipping charges as a result of an order I changed.

Taking a chance that there won't be any issues with your order is the risk you assume when choosing to do business with them, and it's certainly something I take into consideration before placing an order with them.

7. Myke

Every time I've called them, I got a pleasant, helpful person that helped me immediately.
    I only didn't call this time because it was a Sunday, and I'm impatient, so I started this thread.

8. Dave Garrett

I've never called them, just dealt with them via email. Perhaps that's the difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.