What are your thoughts on Metallica's ...And justice for all?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mr_TagoMago, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_TagoMago

Mr_TagoMago Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Actually I remember seeing someone post that. Don't know if it was here or IMDB though.

2. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Well, no argument here. I like every record, including Anger...& I ain't hiding under a chair.

I will say - that band led by the dude in your avatar, outdid them by a decent margin the last decade or so, imo. But, that's for another thread. Lol.

I dug the hell out of Death Magnetic. I won't give a kidney, but I'd be cool with another one that good, minus the production.

Stormrider77, Dmann201 and eric777 like this.
  3. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Great album.A different somewhat mechanichal shade.Difficult to take for some fans understandably.
    Depends on what angle you were listening to at the time.
    I also love the cd Rough Justice with James guide vocal Na Na na na na through the entire thing.:rolleyes:

Clanceman likes this.
  4. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

I'm sure it's possible but all I know is what Newsted said in the interview. It's possible he was down playing it to save face. Newsted is a really good bass player so he very well could have done well. I don't think Newsted gets the credit he deserves.

ARK and Clanceman like this.
  5. Mr_TagoMago

He is unfairly overshadowed by Cliff. Since we're talking about him anyway why did Jason leave Voivod?

6. eric777

7. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

I'm hoping for something different than Death Magnetic. However good one thinks it is, I just think after 8 years I'd like to hear them do something different instead of Death Magnetic 2. Lords of Summer was along the same vein as DM, but probably not as good as anything on that album. And when asked in interview they've said what they were working on was like Death Magnetic but could change. That was a while ago though. Hopefully it has changed. I will be very disappointed if it's more of the same.

Clanceman likes this.
  8. eric777

I agree. Cliff Burton was definitely and excellent bass player but Newsted was still really good. He deserves more credit.

ARK likes this.
  9. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

eric777 likes this.
  10. eric777

After how bad I have been attacked for my opinion on music, i pretty much live under a chair.

As for my guitar hero, I agree. I don't usually say much about it because I know Metallica purists see it differently, but Megadeth in my opinion were by far the best.

Death Magnetic was awesome. I didn't care much for the production ;however, on vinyl that album kills.

Clanceman and Opeth like this.
  11. Mr_TagoMago

True but at least people know who Jason Newstead is.

12. eric777

There is really no telling. Jason Newsted being sort of the outsider then may not have known what was going on between James and Lars

13. Mr_TagoMago

I'd say Megadeth were by far the best of the big four. I also dislike how harsh people are about Dave's vocals. I think his voice works great with the music much like the vocals work on Eternal nightmare.

Dynamic Ranger and eric777 like this.
  14. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Yeah, I'd be fine with different. Agree re: Lords.

I just thought Death was good. Had elements of earlier (Justice) & loved the riffs. Cyanide, All Nightmare, others. I dug.

15. eric777

I love Dave's vocals ;however, I love Hetfields also. I think the Metallica vs. Megadeth war will go on forever though. Everyone has their thing I suppose.

One thing is for certain, even though I do really like And Justice For All, I will pit any of the first 6 Megadeth albums against it any day. That is just my opinion.

I guess I should get back under my chair now. :hide:

16. eric777

Personally, I don't think we will see a Death Magnetic part 2. Every album since AJFA has been different. Now whether or not different is better, well that has yet to be seen.

17. Mr_TagoMago

Don't see why you need to hide under the chair. My opinions on Thrash are far more controversial :)

18. eric777

No matter what, opinions will always vary. I don't mind discussion but I really can't stand heated arguments online. Especially when it's over something that is mere perception. You may not like AJFA whereas I do, but all that means to me is we hear something different and that's cool. Some people however take it way to personal which makes the discussions not much fun. They should always be fun.

ARK likes this.
  19. Mr_TagoMago

I like heated debates over music but it does suck when people take opinions too personal and start insulting each other. I'm sure I've been guilty of this before though.

eric777 likes this.
  20. eric777

I have been guilty also but it's usually in response to someone making a nasty remark. I'm learning to just not respond back.

21. Mr_TagoMago

Honestly I'm surprised the response to this thread isn't nastier.

22. eric777

Give it a day. Usually about 9:00am est is when I start seeing the nasty comments.

ARK likes this.
  23. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

Would you take a bath with Lars?

Synthfreek likes this.
  24. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

For me this is there 3rd best album....I like it very much. :)

Clanceman likes this.
  25. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

The angriest-sounding album they ever made, IMO. The vocals and drums sound really raw and in your face.

This album really could benefit the most from a remix and remastering because the songs themselves were great.

Todd W. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.