Game of Thrones Season Six! April 24th 2016!!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

And yet Jamie Lannister was introduced by pushing a young child out of window, with the expectation of killing him. And yet, somehow he's become a sympathetic character!

The miracle of good writing and acting, I suppose.

2. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Isn't he Lord of the Eyrie now?

3. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Technically, Robin Arryn is still the Lord. But, yeah, Littlefinger is effectively in power.

4. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Yes it is. It's an author investing in enough character development to make transcend the character to something beyond one dimensional.

Chris from Chicago and DeeThomaz like this.
  5. ascot

ascot Senior Member

Joffrey was a teenage brat who was suddenly put into a position of power. He was immature and lacked any responsibility. When King's Landing was attacked he was clueless and did nothing to lead or protect his city.

Ramsay is a bit older and not afraid to lead a group into battle. He has no moral compass and is sadistic and cruel although he has shown brief moments of regret at the death of Myranda and killing his father. Roose Bolton detected the recklessness in Ramsay's thinking which could turn out to be prophetic.

6. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

Wow. This episode really sparked some quality speculations, the only thing I could add at this point is that I think I read somewhere a week ago that episode four will be extra long. That would only qualify as a rumor.
    If it's true I am glad Jon's resurrection is out of the way, so something to really get the blood going happens...

7. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

Sad but true: I picture a grim but gratifying image that I hope to see sometime soon, with Ramsey meticulously flayed, to the point that his face is the only thing left with skin covering.

GodShifter likes this.
  8. Stuevts

Stuevts Not drinking the kool-aid

:biglaugh:

ex_mixer and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  9. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

:biglaugh::biglaugh:yeah that was a touching tribute to her life....oh we're out of meat for the hounds? she'll do just fine, it's still fresh, yeah he's real humanitarian that Ramsay :D

10. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

My guess on Jon Snow at this point is that he's a changed man - probably a bit darker overall.

Hopefully he met Ygritte in Valhalla and had some netherworld sexy time.

11. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

Then again, Jon didn't believe in the 7 either. Being brought up at Winterfell, his gods are the old gods. That's why he also did his Night's Watch vows at the foot of a weirwood tree (just outside the wall, in the first season). In that sense, the Lord of Light might be closer to his gods than the 7.

12. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

yes, wonderful acting...if the acting sucks no writing can help it.

13. Potential Energy

Potential Energy Forum Resident

Thanks for the reminder on that. It would be the Old Gods for him.

He hasn't seen Dragons (yet) but he's now seen the Walkers and he's been brought back from the dead. He's got a unique outlook dealing with the road ahead.

14. ascot

ascot Senior Member

Well, prior to declaring her dinner for the hounds, for about 30 seconds, he mourned her loss. :winkgrin:

15. ex_mixer

ex_mixer Senior Member

Great episode, favorite line;

The Imp as he approaches the dragons..... " Don't eat the help". LOL

I've pointed this out before, if you're not watching this in 5.1 you are missing out on a mesmerizing and completely immersive experience. The sound design and surround mixing takes this show to another level!!

Ed Hughes and mikeyt like this.
  16. Michael

even with the lesser nudity this show still captivates...

17. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Please, no more spoilers from the books. Sigh.

18. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

The show does not need nudity to captivate!

19. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

He stills knows nothing.

20. Michael

No of course not, but it sure did captivate me! especially the "Dragon Lady"! LOL!

Ed Hughes likes this.
  21. Michael

since the show seems to be straying a bit from the books I guess it's sort of a comparison? BUT, Me personally I'd rather poster use the SPOILER button.

Aggie87 likes this.
  22. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Agreed - that way no information from the books spills into this thread for those that don't want to know what's in the books, and simply enjoy the show itself.

I suspect the Davos/Rickon quest will be coming on the show though. And I don't want to know what's coming.

We have this conversation over and over. And there's even another thread for those that insist on discussing events in the books that haven't happened in the show. Yet the people who post the spoilers continue doing it here instead of there.

Michael likes this.
  23. Michael

that's the beauty of it!

24. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

The beauty of using the spoiler tags, anyway.

I assume you don't mean ruining the story for those that don't want to know in advance what's coming.

Michael likes this.
  25. Michael

NO, of course not...it's not difficult using the spoiler...
    insert text between

Aggie87 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.