Iron Maiden Incredible Album Run... 1982--1986...Pick 2...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Psychedelic Good Trip, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere Thread Starter

:cheers::edthumbs:Iron Maidens album run from Number Of The Beast through Somewhere In Time was an amazing lp run in the annals of the metal world. 1988's Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son wasn't to shabby either..Metallica, Scorpions, Slayer, Judas Priest other and metal bands had similar four or more album runs themselves. ...

I did love Maiden 1 and Killers definitely digged Paul Dianos rough voice..on both freshmen and sophomore lps... Mentioning Live After Death cause it was such a huge seller for maiden fall 1985, early 1986. Have an original Live After Death lp. NM and a 180 gram reissue..

Just reminiscing of that incredible maiden lp run while listening to

Book Of Souls

Incredible new maiden IT'S been awhile for new irons since New Frontier six years ago 2010..

Enjoying new maiden for the third listen in two days. ..

Share your knowledge stories opinions of this metal hall of fame run..

Personally I love Piece Of Mind..have an original Piece Of Mind NM UK vinyl with maiden merchandise form..I like alI maiden old new whatever. ..

Where Eagles Dare on Piece Of Mind is one if the greatest leadoff tracks in metal album history..IMHO

Dem were the days....

Maiden 1982--1986 amazing album run...

Pick your 2 Favorite from Maiden album run 1982--1986

Sternodox likes this.
  2. dennis1077

dennis1077 Forum Resident

3. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

All classics, but I have to go with NOTB & Powerslave.

NOTB is my favorite Maiden album, and while I prefer the live version of Aces High, the other shared tracks on LAD I prefer the studio versions of.

4. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

It was an incredible run from 1982 to 1988. I love Seventh Son...that's where the 'classic era' ends for me, not 1986.

5. TexasBuck

TexasBuck Forum Resident

I normally don't pick live albums but had to go with "Live after Death". It was my introduction to Iron Maiden. I admit, I bought it mostly because I thought the album cover was cool. It all worked out though. I've been a Maiden fan ever since. I picked "NOTB" for the 2nd one. It's got the most iconic tracks on it.

Scream for me Long Beach!!!!!!!!!

6. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Powerslave and Piece

7. Pavol Stromcek

Pavol Stromcek Senior Member

Went with NOTB and Powerslave, although my very favorite Maiden album is Killers.

Aggie87 likes this.
  8. Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson Forum Resident

Somewhere in Time. None of the other albums do that much for me tbh...I prefer 'proggy' Maiden.

9. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

For me, the run continued with Seventh Son and ended there!

10. Roberto899

Roberto899 Forum Resident

I would have put 7th Son Of A Seventh Sun in this poll. Arguably a peak for proggy maiden.

11. Nice Marmot

Nice Marmot Nothin’ feels right but doin’ wrong anymore

My incredible run includes the first two through Peice Of Mind. I lost interest at Powerslave.

Psychedelic Good Trip likes this.
  12. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Pieces of Mind?

13. Nice Marmot

Nice Marmot Nothin’ feels right but doin’ wrong anymore

I'm sure it's a typo.

14. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

The first one I ever heard by Iron Maiden was Number of The Beast so I had to go with that one . Incredible album and amazing drum work by Clive Burr. My older brother had the cassette and the cover just intrigued me. This was probably around 1984. Blew my 12 year old mind :)

15. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Number and Piece, for me.

16. CybrKhatru

CybrKhatru Music is life.

Number and Powerslave!!

17. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

I could have written this exact thing, age and all.

Funny I was watching a couple of those youtube videos with that Avery kid playing the drums and I watched Run To The Hills. Not being a drummer I really have to see a song played to get an appreciation for it. And it occurred to me how forgotten Clive Burr is in general with Iron Maiden. But he played on three pretty badass albums, no one can take that away from him.

Given the OP's list, I could easily have cheated and voted for Live After Death as I consider it my favorite live album of all time. But I deferred and went with The Number of the Beast.

18. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

Saw every tour from NOTB to SSOASS. Last saw them on Brave New World, hoping to catch this tour. My picks, NOB and PS. The Powerslave tour is still in my top 10 all time shows. Epic.

19. Olias of Sunhill

Olias of Sunhill Forum Resident

I voted Number and SIT.

I think they're the band's two most consistent records. To me, POM is 1/3 killer and 2/3 filler, and while I like Powerslave I've always felt like I understood why the band was ready for such a drastic change with the next album.

20. g.z.

g.z. Senior Member

Number and Piece.
    A transition that ended up being seamless and fruitful.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  21. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

The run went from 80-88 actually.

I love all 8 albums but Killers and Seventh Son if I can only pick 2. I know you'll all probably lynch me, but I love those 2. The others are right behind them I promise !

22. JayB

JayB Senior Member

I love the "Iron Maiden" album and "Killers" almost as much as any of those so I'd add those as well. I agree though.what a run!

23. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

Oh I didn't know you could pick 2. I also loved Somewhere In Time so I'll pick that one also.

There all great though! It's tough to choose.

24. Psychedelic Good Trip

Sorry for the Typo on Pieces...ahhh was just thinking of the 1982--1983--horror movie Pieces at the time of typing this OP...Yer all right, love Seventh Son ..that run could have conceivably ended with Son 1988....
    Here ya go....

Roberto899 likes this.
  25. Psychedelic Good Trip

Can't forget the 13 minute 40 second masterpiece have you 1984's Rime Of The Ancient Mariner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.