Midge Ure small tour of US starting September...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Apollo C. Vermouth, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apollo C. Vermouth

Apollo C. Vermouth Forum Resident Thread Starter

In case anyone out there may be interested:

[​IMG]

I will be giving myself a birthday present with the 1st date on the tour right here on Long Island. Had the pleasure of seeing Midge solo acoustic and now I can see him with an electric band. I really wanted to see Ultravox tour the US...but this is better than nothing at all from them as far as touring goes.

Juggsnelson, factory44 and Uther like this.
  2. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

"Vienna" is a classic. I also have "Rage in Eden" and a 7" single of "If I Was". Nou sure what he's done since the 90s.

3. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

One of my best friends bands is opening up for him at the Iron Horse on Oct 6th. I'm sure I'll be there.

ARK likes this.
  4. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

7 shows in a row all in different cities?

5. CybrKhatru

CybrKhatru Music is life.

I'd love to see him if he decided to come out West...

6. nuclear_error

nuclear_error Forum Resident

I saw him open for Howard Jones when I was in college. I knew exactly one of his songs before the show. He blew the roof off the place. Still one of the unexpectedly best shows I ever saw. Howard Jones was OK but he really didn't have a chance after Midge was done.

7. Apollo C. Vermouth

I'm sure there are going to be more dates added. It does say 2016/2017.

8. Uther

Uther Forum Resident

I've seen Midge many times, both with a band and just with an acoustic guitar. He's always exceptional, and when he's with a band he can really rock the place. His voice is still in fantastic shape. I'd definitely recommend seeing him to any music serious lover. And the ticket prices are usually in the $20-$30 range, so why not?

9. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Thank you for sharing this news!!

I saw his set previous Summer Touring w/ Howard Jones, China Crisis, Tom Bailey (Thompson Twins), Katrina (of Waves) and Midge was excellent, just too short of set to enjoy all his work Live. I will try to catch 1 or more dates is possible!

10. Cassiel

Cassiel Sonic Reducer

The Daryl's House website listing for the show says "with Richard Lloyd of Television." Does anyone know if Lloyd's in Ure's band for this tour?

11. Apollo C. Vermouth

Don't know how old Lloyd may be now...but the last pic I saw of Midge's band they all looked to be half Midge's age...definitely a lot younger than Midge. Don't know if that helps.

12. Uther

Uther Forum Resident

Not all of the venues have Midge's gig posted yet, but the ones that do list Richard Lloyd as "supporting act".

13. Cassiel

Cassiel Sonic Reducer

Thanks. I had been in touch with Richard a few years ago in connection with a documentary that I was working on (since aborted), and at that time it seemed like he was in a really bad mental state. I hope this tour is a sign that things have turned around for him.

14. Mother

Mother Forum Resident

I've had Ultravox The Collection, since the mid 80s, and still listen to it. Great singer.

15. Apollo C. Vermouth

Little bit more from Midge from a recent interview:

16. howlinrock

howlinrock Forum Resident In Memoriam

Left west coast please and I'll be there in a heartbeat.

17. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Saw him at the Brookhaven Ampitheater a couple of years ago and he was GREAT!! Voice is totally intact.....people around me did seem a bit confused as I shouted along to "Vienna" however! What a classic track!

Apollo C. Vermouth likes this.
  18. Apollo C. Vermouth

I still have to get my tickets. Trust me...I'm not going to miss him this time. There will also be a private show done here on Long Island at a fans house. They did this once before on the last tour he did which was the acoustic tour. Hoping to go to that one too :)

19. negative1

negative1 80s retro fan

huge fan of his early stuff,

but i don't like any of the recent stuff, or the acoustic stuff either.

still would be nice, if he came out to the south of the US.

or if he does ultravox stuff with electric instruments.

later

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.