Fear The Walking Dead - amc Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Apr 30, 2015.

1. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I wouldn't want to live in a universe where they don't exist.

rufus t firefly and MikeInFla like this.
  2. lechiffre

lechiffre Forum Resident

They don't call them Zombies in "Night Of the Living Dead" Either.

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

baby steps...she's still a craw.

4. Michael

they're dead...they're all messed up...LOL.

5. More like she keeps stepping up to the D.

How many episodes have I watched in Season 2 already? 4? And the things I learned is that Halt & Catch Fire gets a Season 3 (I'm shocked) and Preacher looks cooler and cooler.

Oh yeah, and that Chris and Nick might turn out to be bad asses, after all...like in Episode 15.

6. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

I enjoyed the most recent episode. First one this year that held my interest so I hope it continues this way.

Rufus McDufus and DLD like this.
  7. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

I FF through it a lot slower then normal.

Steve Martin and Michael like this.
  8. Michael

so far they all seem to be at half speed...too much BS....But, were invested since season 1 and we will ride this out...just can't warm up to most of them.

9. shokhead

:agree: I do slow down for Kim Dickens.

Michael likes this.
  10. Michael

yes, she was a looker...

11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I think when it comes to the word "Zombies," the producers said, "tell them no! No! No! No-no-no-no-No! No! No!"

I did not see that twist coming about the mysterious Strand... :eek:

12. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

'If this is the end of the world,then this show is already over":shrug:

13. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

i did see the Strand twist coming, the moment when was a bit too willing to let a total stranger like Strand take him to his room and remove some of his clothing. is subtlety flirting with Strand as Strand proceeds to take his credit cards.

Nick is finally becoming a worthwhile character on the show. Like many, I didn't think much of the character at all. I guess we as viewers are seeing the qualities in Nick now, that Strand recognized the moment he meant Nick. Who knows, Nick might become the biggest badass on the show by the end of season 2.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  14. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

I meant to say Thomas Abigail was flirting with Strand in the first sentence above (all along in my opinion). The 30 minute time limit here for editing posts on this forum kinda screwed me up!

15. dynamicalories

dynamicalories Forum Resident

This show is getting good. I really like the most recent episode and I think it'll get a little more focused now that they have their first human nemesis. Nick and Strand are great. I think Luis is going to be good too (he's a good shot with that sniper rifle). Love the end of the episode where Strand is fading in the water, showing weakness for the first time and Kim Dickens is there to save him.

16. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

. the infected. not bad for a pet name.

17. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

This show is becoming more and more of a surprise. Wife and I are really starting to get into it. All the characters are starting to grow on me. I'm seeing how this show is now finding it's own voice and how different it is from TWD. If the writer's can keep this up, this could end up being a long series.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  18. Heavy Music

Heavy Music Forum Resident

I did. You could tell he and Abigail were a bit too cozy in the earlier flashback scenes.

19. Michael

the last few minutes redeemed the show this week...next week's show should rock! maybe it'll start picking up.

20. BurgerKing

BurgerKing Forum Resident

Agreed. I 've mentioned this before, but my son is out there busting his ass, going to auditions every day, and all they seem to want to do is hire Brits, even for the smallest roles. It's especially annoying when you can tell from the first line of dialogue. My son tells me it began with the perception in Hollywood that the Brits are all "better actors", with more training, and now it's just the du jour thing to do. More jobs for Brits means more Brits flooding into LA to cash in.

Vidiot likes this.
  21. shokhead

Other then Frank Dillane, who is a Brit? This cast if nother else is diversified.

22. BurgerKing

BurgerKing Forum Resident

Brits, Kiwis, Aussies, etc-- in other words, imports from the English-speaking world. And since when is national diversity in casting a noble goal? All the roles are Americans... :confused:

23. shokhead

Did I say it was a noble goal? I said diversified and didm't say it was good or bad. You seem to have a problem with it. That's on you I guess.

24. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

The trick is that SAG-AFTRA is a worldwide union, so if you belong in England, you're OK to work in America. The problem is, they have their own additional union in England to which Americans can't easily join. And there are tax rules that forbid fewer than X percent of the entire cast and crew not being Brits. We have no such rule in America.

I'm all for hiring the best actor for the role, but I find it hard to believe that out of hundreds (more like thousands) of unemployed actors in LA and NY, they can't find one that's as good or better than a Brit for a show like this.

Cliff Curtis - New Zealand
    Frank Dillane - UK
    Alycia Debnam-Carey - Australian
    Mercedes Mason - Swedish
    Ruben Blades - Panama (I'll give him a pass since his character is also from Central America)
    Michelle Ang - New Zealand

That's a big chunk of the lead American roles in this show that are all played by non-Americans. I object to it mainly because there are perfectly able Americans who could've played those roles. They're putting Americans out of work with shows like this. And in the case of Fear the Walking Dead, they're also saving money by shooting the show in Baja, Mexico, at Fox Studios down there, using a mostly-Mexican crew and not Americans.

Again: this is a show mostly about American characters, paid for with American money (on the American Movie Classics channel), produced for an American TV network, for American audiences. Hiring a cast mostly from the UK, New Zealand, Australia, and Sweden would not have been my choice.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  25. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Went right past me. For a second I thought, "wait a minute... he couldn't be... NAAAAAA, that can't be." Usually in Hollywood, when somebody walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and acts like a duck... they're not necessarily a duck.