Prince, R. I. P.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mr._mojo_filter, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

To give the quote it's full context...

"It could take years to settle the estate" the lawyer said, as an avaricious gleam appeared in his eyes, a small trickle of drool dripped from the corner of his mouth and he had to re-arrange his briefcase on his lap.

JasonA, Imagine70, enro99 and 6 others like this.
  2. djej

djej Forum Resident

Me too! Saw it on Friday morning and was literally the only person at that showing. A private screening!

3. Right. But did you read the article? It appears that all have signed with Bremer with the exception of John Nelson, whose attorney says he's going to sign, too.

I'm sure all of that could change on a dime; still, I imagine all of the siblings are talking amongst themselves, as well as with Bremer, so all signing, at least on the surface seems to be a positive step.

Again, I don't know much about the law, but I can only imagine that Bremer has one basic premise, i.e. "Everyone be cool and you'll all be millionaires many times over."

4. bluejeanbaby

bluejeanbaby Forum Resident

I'll be seeing the movie Wed late afternoon.

5. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

I'm booked for Thursday night at the Prince Theater (Yes, that's a real venue.)

Film at the Prince »

Gems-A-Bems and bluejeanbaby like this.
  6. Bowieboy

Bowieboy Forum Resident

Now Sinead O'Connor is trying to blame Arsenio Hall with being Prince's drug supplier.... W-T-F!!!!

I love Sinead, she is such a mess

Grant, bunglejerry and segue like this.
  7. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Has this been posted yet?

8. I don't know. Arsenio kind of alluded to illicit "adventures" in their 2014 TV interview. And he was absolutely known to hang with a partying crowd back in the 90s. My sig file album pretty much outs him in that regard.

9. Bowieboy

Bowieboy Forum Resident

is this the earliest show that has been pro-shot? Haven't seen anything from 1979-1980.

I love that all thiss tuff is finally popping up

Fullbug and bluejeanbaby like this.
  10. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

She'd better be able to back that up, because that's libel territory she's treading in.

Grant and Bowieboy like this.
  11. segue

segue Psychoacoustic Member

Yeah, I got a good laugh from that . . . and it's pretty revealing as to how aware Prince was of other artists work.

12. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Yeah, nothing like a bunch of people who have never had more than $2,000 in their bank accounts at one time arguing over whether they get $30 million or $50 million.

bob60 and BeatlesBop like this.
  13. bluejeanbaby

That article also says George Lopez is helping them out with some cash?

14. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

i havent seen any earlier, this might be my favorite prince live era for me

Bowieboy likes this.
  15. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

This isnt the UK. It takes far more than that to win a libel suit in the US.

16. bartels76

Aside from TV appearances (Midnight Special, SNL, American Bandstand), I think yes. The next think after that is the B&W footage from 1982 for the Controversy tour. Once 1983 hits there is a bunch out there (well for now at least). It's a trip seeing this stuff as aside from TV appearances and seeing him in concert twice, I have never seen this live footage before. Most of it hasn't been available in years and years (Sign O The Times, Lovesexy tour, etc).

17. flako

flako Forum Resident

I would if I cared :pineapple:

18. That's a beautifully kind gesture, isn't it? I liked the dude before; now I like him even more.

bluejeanbaby likes this.
  19. bartels76

Just found the same tour in Paris. He is just in underwear towards the end haha.

seventeen likes this.
  20. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

Wouldn't insanity be a defense?

21. bluejeanbaby

@EVOLVIST He and Prince musta been good friends?

Devon likes this.
  22. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

There is so much stuff showing up now that I can't keep up... :sweating:
    Edit: Double post, see you posted the Paris 1981 show already above, so I deleted it here.

There are a couple of more shows from '81 as well (Washington D.C., Houston), I'm sure they'll appear too.

I have never seen anything earlier, but there is of course the movie The Second Coming: Unreleased Prince projects - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia »

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  23. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

im hoping one of the rolling stones opening gigs turns up (1980?) would be fascinating

sunspot42 likes this.
  24. bartels76

Here you go...

25. Bowieboy

Bowieboy Forum Resident

nevermind. Others have beat me to the punch lol

I will admit that while I hate the circumstances, I do like that we're finally seeing a lot of these shows.

I'm just hoping we'll finally get something from the Nude tour. I've found complete shows from most of his 80s and 90s tour except that one from 1990.