Upcoming Marvel Universe Film Schedule and discussion

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Dr. Pepper, Oct 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

One enormous $250M bomb could kill the whole franchise. I dunno how long Marvel can sustain this. I know some of those movies are kind on the marginal side (and some already came out and did well), but several are films I could easily afford to skip.

[​IMG]

2. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

One man's glut is another man's glory!

I look at that schedule with the same relish I had as a kid looking at a freshly-stocked comic rack!

I don't recall anyone saying there was too many!

3. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Perhaps.
    [​IMG]

Stormrider77 likes this.
  4. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Adopts Mayor Adam West's desperate voice - "Losing...interest and enthusiasm....fast!"

Vidiot likes this.
  5. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

This looks to be very good stunning trailer.

Encuentro likes this.
  6. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Can't wait!

Encuentro likes this.
  7. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Any truth to them reshooting scenes for Suicide Squad to add more raunchiness like Deadpool?

8. alexpop

You picked a winner there.

Encuentro likes this.
  9. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

The X-Men movies are, by far, my favorite superhero movies. Days of Future Past: The Rogue Cut is the only superhero movie I actually own.

alexpop likes this.
  10. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

The films now send themselves up so much now that we really need is a Not Brand Echh movie!

[​IMG]

alexpop likes this.
  11. alexpop

Just got the Blue Ray.
    How much better is than the theatrical version ?

Encuentro likes this.
  12. shokhead

Watch it and let us know.:righton:

13. alexpop

So much to watch,so little time.

14. shokhead

:laugh:

15. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I can't say it's better or worse than the theatrical version. I love both of them. However, my first viewing of the film was the theatrical version, and I was blown away by it. The film stands as my favorite superhero movie.

alexpop likes this.
  16. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

xdawg and Vidiot like this.
  17. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

DeeThomaz likes this.
  18. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

DeeThomaz likes this.
  19. alexpop

Several"
    What not so magnificent 7 would that be?

20. alexpop

Inhumans"
    Not tbat popular, sigh.
    Silver age, such a great comic.

21. alexpop

Rogue Cut?

Wish there was a extended
    "First Class".

22. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I didn't mention a number -- I said several looked like films I could afford to miss. Moon Knight? Captain Marvel looks lame. Not interested in Excalibur, Iron Fist, Black Panther, Captain Britain, Nova, or Siege. I'm a big fan of the majors, like Fantastic Four, Spiderman, Iron Man, Captain America, Avengers, and so on. On the other hand... they surprised me with Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man, which could have been haaaaarible movies but were pretty damned good (and were big hits, too). So we'll see.

alexpop likes this.
  23. alexpop

The new Marvel super - hero comics introduced in the seventies like Capt Britain & Black Panther I was unimpressed with likewise. Wolverine did alright ( though i was never a X-Men Comics fan)Captain Britain ? Capt America derivitive.Dan Dare was cooler, different comic.Best new 70's super hero "The New Gods".

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  24. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

Marvel's missing the boat by not doing an Inhuman movie. Would tie in great with Agents Of Shield since a lot of Marvel & casual fans who watch the TV show, IMO, it would carry over to box office sales.

Netflix does Daredevil the way it should be done. His Hell's Kitchen roommates like Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Danny Rand, The Punisher tying in with the Defenders is good enough for me as long as Netflix keeps them coming. I would love to see them together on the big screen for a Defender's movie though with the same people playing their respective roles.

Black Panther would bomb, he's a secondary member in the Marvel universe, as would another Fantastic Four. There has been what like four of them made now and they still can't get it right....the last one just plain out sucked donkey gonads.

Here's an IDEA Marvel. Norris Radd AKA, The SILVER SURFER! A well known Marvel Character with a great background who has some of the baddest villains that the Marvel Universe ever created to go up against. Galactus, Mephisto etc., vs the Power Cosmic!

alexpop likes this.
  25. Maggie

Maggie like a walking, talking art show

Vidiot, I should point out that the chart you posted in August must be a fan-made mock-up from several years ago. Marvel doesn't have the rights to X-Men characters like Wolverine, Captain Britain, Deadpool, or Gambit and probably won't so long as Fox continues to make big money with them. Fantastic Four is a little more likely (Fox might want to share them in exchange for guaranteed Marvel $$) but that's just rumor at this point.

This chart seems to date from around the time the MCU was first announced. For example, the chart saves the Ultron story for an Ant-Man sequel and Civil War for Avengers 3. Good guesses, based on the comics (they've also reserved a movie for the Infinity War story) but nothing like this was ever in production.

We also know now that an Agents of SHIELD movie is never going to happen and probably neither is Inhumans.

Vidiot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.