Radiohead- A Moon Shaped Pool

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Groovy, Oct 15, 2015.

1. ntslash

ntslash Member

I actually like King of Limbs. I just hope this album is better. Hell, I hope it's better than OK Computer as well.

Fletch and CBS CLASH 3 like this.
  2. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

If Radiohead had simply released Live from the Basement as their new album, introducing all those new songs in a live setting, then I'd have been joyously happy. It's an incredible performance, and a live album filled with all new material would have been a cool concept. Comparatively, many of the studio versions off TKOL fall a bit flat. Although Lotus Flower and Separator are still great on the LP.

dadonred likes this.
  3. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Yeah the extra songs on it are excellent, the version of bloom is top 3 radiohead for me. I do prefer the album version of little by little though.

beatleroadie likes this.
  4. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

when Radiohead releases Kontake, let me know

Sprocket Henry likes this.
  5. jsb!

jsb! Forum Resident

6. whatwhat

whatwhat Forum Resident

just put the bloody thing out already!

can't wait to hear it.

7. ntslash

ntslash Member

8. ntslash

ntslash Member

Website has a new video now. Is this the intro to Burn the Witch? I think this is now officially the most excited I've been for a new album in at least a decade.

Rockinrob, davesmoked, JeffMo and 2 others like this.
  9. Sprocket Henry

Sprocket Henry Forum Resident

Menacing claymation!

YES.

Nothing like a bit of wyrd England - nice continuity from The King of Limbs.

seaisletim likes this.
  10. seaisletim

seaisletim Forum Resident

The music playing sounds like it's from Johnny Greenwood's score to There Will Be Blood. It'll be very interesting if they did indeed use an orchestra on the new record

11. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Makes sense, Johnny had used them for soundtracks and they also did the Bond song with one, Thom may have liked the results. Would tie in with what insiders are calling the 'epic-ness' of the new album (I don't think a few electronic bleeps and what now would get described as 'epic').

12. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Yes, looks like classic UK 70's kids TV.

Sprocket Henry likes this.
  13. I've just read a comment from someone who thinks Radiohead are now coming full circle by trying to sound like Viva La Vida era Coldplay...

krlpuretone and jmczaja like this.
  14. jmczaja

jmczaja Forum Resident

It's funny you just wrote that!! I was just going to say is Chris Martin going to jump out of the video and start singing!!??

ShardEnder likes this.
  15. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Forum Resident

I hope not!! ;)

jmczaja likes this.
  16. Piiijiii

Piiijiii Hundalasiliah

Actually this is all very exciting and fun :cool:

17. jsb!

jsb! Forum Resident

If Radiohead fans think this clip sounds anything like Coldplay, I've obviously misjudged that band all these years.

Because this clip sounds great - even if it is just ten seconds long. (Or whatever.)

Late at night in Australia now; don't do anything interesting for a few hours, guys...

JeffMo likes this.
  18. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Is the Bond song that RH did available commercially? Will it be on this forthcoming album?

19. jay.dee

jay.dee Forum Resident

Well, were the 70s those good ol' innocent days? Probably not. :)
    What is "Corporate Rock"? - Page 7 »

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  20. Although it would fit in with the "epic" sound of this new album as described by one insider (which now appears to indicate the strong presence of strings), I get the feeling Spectre was just one of those tracks we got as a standalone release over the last few years, such as These Are My Twisted Words. Saying that, My Iron Lung and Lucky made their way onto The Bends and OK Computer respectively, despite both being quite old by the release of their parent albums, but that was all a long time ago from a band very different to the Radiohead of today...

JeffMo likes this.
  21. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

It's already better than KOL.

:hide:

dadonred and rcb30 like this.
  22. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I don't hear that damned "pitter pat pit pat" drum machine yet so yeah, things are looking up.

23. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

jfeldt likes this.
  24. I know that teaser is only a few seconds long, but right at the end it sounds like they're building up to something by using the same drum machine hi-hat sample I've heard before...

25. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident Thread Starter

If you slide your mouse to the left of the screen of radiohead.com it's there too.