Paul McCartney's "One On One" Tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by 5th-beatle, Feb 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

No Rocky, so the opportunity to play it has passed. This probably means that he'll never play it live. Oh well. ...

[​IMG]

Zeki, DrBeatle, susyredstripe and 2 others like this.
  2. Arnold Grove

3. Arnold Grove

4. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

August 10 - 2nd show at Verizon Center Washington, DC due to overwhelming demand.

5. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

He didn't play it because he couldn't remember if he said black MINING hills or black MOUNTAIN hills. LOL.

6. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

Thanks for literally almost making me spit water out all over my computer monitor as I read this! :cussing::laugh::biglaugh:

theMess and Glenn Christense like this.
  7. DrBeatle

The irony is that rarities show WOULDN'T have to be in a small venue...he'd still be able to pack a large venue(s) with fans who would know and love those deep cuts. I think he sells his back catalog (and fans) a bit short with that.

theMess and susyredstripe like this.
  8. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Ahh, but even in (South) Dakota where, presumably, a large percentage of the audience would like to hear Rocky Raccoon, he must've felt that people would use that moment to go and get the beers. Or something like that... :sigh:

theMess and DrBeatle like this.
  9. RamblinRed

RamblinRed Forum Resident

Sacramento added on october 4th.

10. gkmacca

gkmacca Forum Resident

I met McCartney several times on a bus in Liverpool. First day: he got off at a certain stop. Fair enough. The second time, he got off at the same stop. Bit predictable, but no great problem. The third day, same stop. Dear oh dear. The fourth day, yup, you guessed it - same stop. This went on and on and on until I couldn't stand it any more. I stopped him, put my hands around his throat until his doe-like eyes looked ready to pop, and said, 'Look, Paul, for god's sake GET OFF AT DIFFERENT STOPS! SHAKE IT UP A BIT!!! YOU'RE BORING ME!!!!' We haven't spoken since, and I feel guilty about damaging his vocal chords.

11. DrBeatle

Certainly the casual fans would...hell, they've been doing that during "My Valentine" for the last THREE years (I've never seen a mass exodus for the concessions as I did during this song in 2013). But I think the diehards would love it.

12. mrjinks

It was the NEW songs that got my row up and running to the restroom/beerstalls this year in Seattle. Paul started introducing Queenie Eye and five people in my row immediately got up - before he played a note! Then New was next and none of them returned until the end of the song. Then Lady Madonna started and I got up to grab another glass of wine - no line at the concessions and I was back to my seat after missing maybe 95 seconds of the song...

13. DrBeatle

That's kind of a shame because the NEW songs are pretty good!

14. gkmacca

gkmacca Forum Resident

More importantly, how was the wine?

theMess and mark ab like this.
  15. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

My break song is Hey Jude, right at better, better, better, better, yeaahhhh... There's no traffic in the corridors, and no lines for anything during the "just the guys, just the girls" and I can be back in my seat by the final "Hey Juuuuudde."

16. ZippyPippy

ZippyPippy Forum Resident

It also works at "Oh, you sound so sweet tonight..."

17. gkmacca

gkmacca Forum Resident

The thing is, though, poor Paul is looking out and thinking, 'Oh no, those idiots are doing the same thing again - every time!'

18. mrjinks

Lousy! But security was pretty tight, so the thought of smuggling some in wasn't a great idea...

mark ab, theMess and gkmacca like this.
  19. gkmacca

gkmacca Forum Resident

Well if security was tight, THEY must have brought some in!

20. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

So what variation has there been in set lists from this tour so far?

21. mrjinks

Virtually nil. Seattle got an extra song, but one that he's done regularly over the years (Helter Skelter w/Nirvana's Krist Novoselic). Vancouver got an extra (Mull of Kintyre). Sioux Falls did NOT get an extra that many would've loved (Rocky Raccoon).

theMess likes this.
  22. Arnold Grove

Good eye!!

23. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

But he is slowly piecing the "In Spite of All the Danger" story back together, show by show. Last night Duff got mentioned, but we still didn't get the punchline about how long he kept the record for. Keep your fingers crossed for Minneapolis. :)

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  24. gswan

gswan Forum Resident

So, sightings of John Hammel this tour?, who's bringing Paul his guitars on stage?.

I've read one report that John has indeed retired, but i thought there would be more mention
    of his absence.

25. EProphet

EProphet Forum Resident

two shows in Minny, two shows in Cleveland.
    No show in Chicago
    What's up with that ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.