Game of Thrones Season Six! April 24th 2016!!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

Just a click of a button

2. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

With the show advancing past the books, it becomes the spoiler for the books.
    There are many things in the books that are not in the show. I have a feeling that they will diverge at this point but reach the same ending but from wildly different paths.
    When it's all over and everyone has watched their blue ray discs a few times, I recommend you read the books. But only if they are complete. :)

Ed Hughes, mikeyt and Michael like this.
  3. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

But, at least, they had a kind of Eric idle 'nudge-nudge, wink-wink' guy talking dirty about Cerci!

4. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

Watermelon head.

Aggie87 likes this.
  5. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

this. i'm fairly certain it wasn't the red woman who actually resurrected him.

6. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Ok, I'm out. Sorry.

7. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

why is that?

8. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I don't want to ruin anything for anyone else. I'll remove myself from the conversation.

No offense.

9. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

Basically yes, the books and show end up different animals, I'm not sure it's Blade Runner vs. Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep different -but different.
    I want to read the books and probably will when they are complete, as you suggest.
    The thing I was noticing from digging into some events from the book, was that the show has created tweaks and forks in the road that allow some things that would have happened in the book already to either be postponed for later or maybe won't happen, or will happen differently.
    I mention the Philip Dick story that was made into the film Blade Runner because they are radically different stories really, yet both are excellent.
    I think it's clear at this point that the show is a stand alone piece that will not end up radically different than the books, but just a different way or path to the writers intended end.

In other news: The spoiler thing is just silly, I went to that other thread and popped some open and maybe got a little insight, but it made me wonder why I don't care that any thing gets 'spoiled' for me, so some people somehow think watching is spoiled if they understand more of what's going on? This show just seems to trigger the desire to dig into what the books have in them because it enriches the experience of watching -for me.
    I do get that putting on the blinders and just gleaning all the info via the episodes can be a good experience, but with all the convolutions of the grand epoch soap opera and ridiculous number of characters and family trees, cheat sheeting from what's in the books seems helpful to get a handle on it all and get into the story more firmly.

10. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

He was just holding out for a good sponge bath.

11. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Since the TV series has effectively moved beyond the books, I can't see that book spoiling now has any relevance.

If you're worried about the bools being spoiled, the last book came out five years ago. That's more than enough time to have read ALL the books if you're really that concerned. And I say this as one who has't nearly read all the books.

GentleSenator and GodShifter like this.
  12. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

My favourite is another one from Tyrion:
    "That's what I do. I drink and I know things."

(another great one was when he freed the dragons and walked back to Varys, something like "Next time I have such an idea, please punch me in the face." :D )

13. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Don't know how exactly to say this. So I'll just be forward. Id rather you not remove yourself. You are a major contributor to this conversion. I'm going to ask you to reconsider.

14. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

15. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I agree.

It's simple, as Michael has repeatedly suggested, to use the SPOILER tags around any information that is coming from the books that hasn't been on the show.

To me, that's a win-win for everyone.

GodShifter likes this.
  16. Guy from Ohio

Guy from Ohio Senior Member

Working on his accent, hopefully

brew ziggins likes this.
  17. misterdecibel

What, too Irish?

brew ziggins likes this.
  18. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Thanks, and I will continue to contribute. I'll just try and be more careful if I think I'm revealing stuff from the books. Mostly, though, I'm just going off conjecture & speculation of how the plot moves forward. I had another idea, but I forgot it now! :laugh:

If I can remember, I'll use the spoiler tag. :)

19. Michael

OK, gotcha...

20. Michael

welcome back!

GodShifter likes this.
  21. Michael

my wife made a final comment at the end of Sunday's show...
    THEY ALL LIED! pertaining to Jon Snow!

Ed Hughes likes this.
  22. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

So...does Jon's oath to the Night's Watch end with his death? It sort of seems like it would.

23. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

Well my wife and I just watched it and we're like, "This show cannot be any perfect". so many unanswered questions but we know we'll have them all answered. We actually look forward to Sunday all week for this show. It's the highlight of our week.

Ed Hughes likes this.
  24. misterdecibel

We still haven't heard from Samwell Tarly yet this year.

DreadPikathulhu likes this.
  25. misterdecibel

That's what I thought before, but now that the traitors have been rounded up maybe there's still a future for Jon with the Crows. IF he's functioning at 100%...

Chris from Chicago likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.