Fear The Walking Dead - amc Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Apr 30, 2015.

1. BurgerKing

BurgerKing Forum Resident

Yeah, it's "on me"-- and the zillions of un- or under-employed American actors who would die for roles like these. But I guess since it doesn't concern you personally, it's okay to ignore it :rolleyes:

2. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

They should just shoot it in Canada & give us more work. Joking! Haha.

3. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

I don't ignore it, I just don't think about it.

4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

AAAA! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

It's hard to fight the Canadian tax benefits for movies & TV.

5. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

Even if that episode didn't stink as much as the ones before, it still was very BAD - eg that "pirate attack" had every lousy cliche possible - do not kill anyone, do act stupidly aggressive and threatening but do not kill anyone, restrain everybody in the stupidest possible way (not in a locked room, oh no!), let them talk (not even whisper - lol) with each other while you are busy doing other "important" stuff like being totally threatening but do not actually harm anyone, etc etc

And the "good" sniper killing two pirates from a MOVING BOAT with two shots ?? Hilarious ! A truly worthy successor to "Under the Dumb"

Shawn and DreadPikathulhu like this.
  6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

When you put it that way... hard to argue with that. There are a lotta "WTF" moments in this show. At least they're showing that our regulars are learning to be aggressive killers when they have to be.

One kind of mistake in this episode: they've already figured out that anybody who dies comes back as a zombie in about an hour or less. In the original Walking Dead, it took them more than a dozen episodes to figure that out. I get the impression these guys are a bit ahead.

7. Scott222C

Yeah, even this PC LA Family of holier-than-thou liberals can kill somebody when their opponents are obviously not even trying to do so and are totally incompetent morons......only in LaLa land !

And they never have to care about fuel, food, clothing, etc etc because they totally lucked out on getting their hands on the coolest yacht in the universe which is obviously eco-friendly and self-sustaining on all fronts ..... what a truly moronic premise lol

I'd rather watch a bunch of dockhands on an old fisherboat getting through the Zombie Apocalypse

8. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Two words: Andrea's sister

Lewisboogie likes this.
  9. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

yea, and the dead a coming back to life and eating people!

10. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

They seem to come back in just a few minutes now. When they were on the island with the lighthouse keeper a few weeks ago, the mother was zombified within a few minutes of being bitten by the girl - the cast barely had enough time to get out the door and to the dock before she was coming after them.

Vidiot likes this.
  11. Scott222C

And that would be the least problematic part of this show, if the ZOMBIES actually got to eat SOMEONE on this stupid show.

12. Michael

they will later...

13. BurgerKing

BurgerKing Forum Resident

Europe... by way of Texas? ;)

14. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I seem to recall the CDC guy in Atlanta told Sheriff Rick that "everybody comes back," and their tests had shown that some people turn into a zombie in 15 minutes, some take up to 2 hours, and they didn't know why. He even had recordings of X-rays of his own wife turning into a zombie while it happened, and you could see her actual internal structure change. That was a fairly pivotal episode, but it happened so long ago not everybody remembers it.

Ah, always nice when somebody reduces a city of 10,000,000 people to a cultural stereotype. I know so many different people here in LA, I couldn't even quantify it. And don't forget there are always people like me: centrists who are liberal on some issues, and somewhat-conservative on others. This is not a black & white world.

I think when you're going through an apocalyptic situation, there ain't time for being politically correct or even polite. Particularly when somebody smiles and then pulls a gun on you and wants to take everything you have. That's not the world we're in now. If the situation changed, I think you'd be very surprised who rose up to the challenge and who failed.

You see that little button on the right? On that remote control? Push it, and you need never watch Fear the Walking Dead again. Maybe your life would be better without it.

15. Scott222C

I don't recall asking for your opinion regarding how I should spend my time, but thanks for coming to the rescue Captain Obvious.

16. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Opinions are given, not asked for here and they are just that, an opinion.

DeeThomaz likes this.
  17. Michael

I distinctly remember that episode...Everybody is infected, but it was a whisper we were not privy to yet...I also thought it was DC...

18. mace

mace Forum Resident

Yep, don't make the same mistake I did. :cool:

On a lighter note, this swill has been renewed for a 3rd season. :shrug:

Michael likes this.
  19. Michael

well hopefully it'll get better! ppl are watching...and waiting...

mace likes this.
  20. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

No, the head CDC office is in Atlanta. Most of the show has taken place in rural Georgia (and it's been shot in Georgia 99.9% of the time), but they're kind of vague on where they are. The first few episodes clearly showed the Atlanta skyscrapers and freeways as background.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  21. Michael

everyone's infected...

22. Hey! I resemble that remark! Haha!

23. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Cautionary Example

What... AUX ? I wondered what the hell that button did.... Thanks ! :righton:

D.D.

24. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Fear The Grateful Dead!
    Jerry goes boogie and eats everybody!

Michael, Diamond Dog and Gumboo like this.
  25. Michael

now that would be more interesting!

steveharris likes this.