Prince, R. I. P.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mr._mojo_filter, Apr 21, 2016.

1. George P

George P Notable Member

True. I still LOVE Alphabet Street, though. One of my favorite songs, despite me being lukewarm on much of that album.

jhm and Gems-A-Bems like this.
  2. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

Right, and that's fine. And I really don't care until someone shows some proof, that's all I'm saying. Why does this need to be publicized? It sensationalizes things pointlessly. Go get your DNA, be discreet about it, if you've hit the genetic lottery, you and and your lawyer can have a press conference and then it'll be something to talk about.

Grant likes this.
  3. DJ LX

DJ LX Forum Resident

Does the fact Prince was cremated complicate the matter of DNA testing? Even if ashes can be used as a DNA sample, supposed the family dumped the ashes into lake Minnetonka. Then what?

4. Well, perhaps we have different views on what "sensationalized" means. Much to my liking, so far the Prince proceedings have been pretty quiet. It seems like the only reason that possible son of Prince has been brought up is because Heir Hunters International will have to bring it to the courts.

However, there's no doubt that I'm naïve when it comes to the news. I haven't watched the news, or followed much "celebrity" gossip since the OJ Simpson trial. That really burned me out. Then again, I don't really call people like Bowie and Prince "celebrities." They were so much more than that.

With Prince's death, though, I have followed the news probably more in the last few days than I have in the last several years. Oh, yeah, I did follow 9/11 pretty closely, yes.

I guess I'm saying that I'm behind the times when it comes to the media and what they have to say. I apologize if I'm sensationalizing over here.

DNA can be easily extracted from cremated remains since there is nothing "ashy" about them. Cremated remains is basically the skeleton all ground up into a course sand-like texture, with larger bits of bones in there, some pieces as large as an inch square.

If the family were to dump the cremated remains somewhere, then there is always hair from a pillow, hair from clothes, matter on a toothbrush, and stuff like that.

Cubbiegirl likes this.
  5. Cubbiegirl

Cubbiegirl Forum Resident

They can usually get DNA from items he possessed ...hairbrush etc..
    Or they can get DNA from his sister .

Grant likes this.
  6. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Puck TV. See it with strangers who are feeling what you're feeling.

bluejeanbaby and enro99 like this.
  7. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I think I've noticed you answer this question about 10 times now! :laugh:

EVOLVIST likes this.
  8. :agree: Ha! Yeah.

9. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Why do people always do this? There is no law that will compel you to purchase a soda, popcorn and candy. I wear a backpack with sodas and snacks into theaters all the time, and haven't been stopped in years (and haven't been back to that particular theater.) And I see first run films in a theater with 4K projection all the time, in Chicago, for $6.71.

enro99 likes this.
  10. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

You ain't missing much!

Cubbiegirl likes this.
  11. Oatsdad

You've never seen "Sign O the Times"??? :eek:

And you have no interest????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Grant and enro99 like this.
  12. Cubbiegirl

I usually do that and my kid usually buys stuff at a nearby Walgreens when he goes , but I got home from work late, we were in a rush to get there and hungry !

13. Cubbiegirl

I just about choked on my Coke when we were discussing the Revolution reunion and I said, but I wonder who they could possibly get to fill in for Prince and he looked at me and so seriously said, "Adam Lambert "
    ( he knows how I feel about that one lol )

14. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Anyone else find Prince buying a Fleetwood Mac album days before he died kinda odd? Surely he had heard the albums before.

15. Oatsdad

People here rebuy the same albums 72-skillion times - why would it be odd that Prince would buy an album he might have already heard?

Grant, bopdd, Gems-A-Bems and 2 others like this.
  16. flako

flako Forum Resident

Not a big fan of Billy Idol but always respected his integrity. It is an interesting read from that excerpt, do you have a link to the entire text?

17. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

He also bought a Joni Mitchell album (who he was a big fan of). I think rich people probably just buy a cd that they want to hear and then throw it away. There's also that picture of Bowie walking on a NYC street having just bought a cd of Highway 61 Revisited.

sunspot42 likes this.
  18. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Maybe he was an audiophile? Wonder if it was the West German pressing? :D

TonyCzar, flako and BadJack like this.
  19. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Seems like if they do that then why not just have it on an ipod or whatever. Makes me wonder if its like they say: Musicians dont listen to other peoples music as much as we think. Too busy creating and playing themselves.

20. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

For the most part rich people don't get rich and stay rich by having an attitude of using something once that is still in working order and then throwing it away.

bob60 and mpayan like this.
  21. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

Musicians also move around a lot and may not be as fastidious hoarding music as some of the rest of us.

sunspot42 and bopdd like this.
  22. bluejeanbaby

bluejeanbaby Forum Resident

@PlushFieldHarpy @mpayan And he also got the new Santana album too, IV. What were the other 3, I read there were 6.

Platterpus likes this.
  23. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

24. If Prince were an audiophile we wouldn't have so many crap sounding Prince albums, sqaushed to hell, clipping in the red. :whistle:

seventeen and Dino like this.
  25. bunglejerry

bunglejerry Forum Resident

It was famously said of Prince that he only ever listened to his own stuff.

Can't be true though; both he and Bowie had a really deep knowledge of music.

Prince had a few houses, and was constantly touring as well. Probably he also would repeatedly give things away to people: "Hey Prince, I dig this Joni CD of yours." "Take it."

sunspot42, Grant and Davido like this.