Iron Maiden Incredible Album Run... 1982--1986...Pick 2...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Psychedelic Good Trip, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

1. POWERSLAVE
    2. PIECE OF MIND

Psychedelic Good Trip likes this.
  2. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere Thread Starter

NICE!!

3. vinylphile

vinylphile Forum Resident

Great run of albums. For some reason I never really bonded with Piece of Mind. Always found "Die with your boots on" a bit silly whereas there are no real weak links on my favourite two - Beast and Powerslave.

4. Psychedelic Good Trip

Self Titled debut..

g.z., Holy Diver and Damien DiAngelo like this.
  5. Psychedelic Good Trip

Killers what have you 1981

g.z., Holy Diver and Damien DiAngelo like this.
  6. Psychedelic Good Trip

Beast and Power ROCK BIG TIME!!

7. Stephen J

Stephen J Forum Resident

Since I think Maiden's peak was albums 1-4, and after that there was a significant drop-off, it was easy for me to pick "Beast" and "Piece".

8. Psychedelic Good Trip

:goodie:
    Nothing wrong with that thought. I have friends that feel the same way..

I love all maiden regardless...Awesome point Maiden 1 thru Piece is an incredible line-up..

Stephen J likes this.
  9. dennis1077

dennis1077 Forum Resident

Same here. A friend made me a copy of "Powerslave." I promptly went out and bought "Live After Death." My first introduction to all those classic songs were live versions.

And, yes, the album cover is awesome. Might be my favorite incarnation of Eddie.

10. Psychedelic Good Trip

Up the IRONS....!!!!

dennis1077 likes this.
  11. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Tough choice but I went with Number of the Beast & Piece of Mind.

Piece was the album that turned me onto Maiden after I had already decided they sucked after hearing the first album at a friend's (I don't like Di'Anno's vocals). But hearing The Trooper on the radio one day blew me away, couldn't believe it was the same band I had written off just a few years earlier, ran out & got the album and was totally blown away, then picked up NotB immediately & was, well "blown away" doesn't do it justice. So those 2 albums have a special place in my ears. Number has remained my favorite Maiden album until A Matter of Life & Death came out. Piece still has my favorite Maiden song though - Revelations.

12. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

Powerslave and Piece of Mind, but Killers might be my favorite.

13. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

This was hard, very hard, but I went with Piece Of Mind, and Live After Death. POM being my fave Maiden album, and LAD to me is Maiden firing on all cylinders, revving up my favourite Maiden tracks in a live setting.

14. Psychedelic Good Trip

LAD was epic live maiden...

supernaut and Vinyl Fan 1973 like this.
  15. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Incredible run of albums really, but you should have made it from 1980 until 1988, so there could have been self-titled debut, Killers and Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son also included here.
    I think that Im gonna pick first and foremost Live After Death as it was really the first Iron Maiden album I ever heard.
    All the 80's albums are really strong, but for now I have take Somewhere In Time from the list as second since it somehow ends up being underrated always.

Up The Irons!!!

16. Mr_TagoMago

Mr_TagoMago Well-Known Member

It's a tough choice between Sad wings of destiny and Stained Class.

17. Sixbomb

Sixbomb Well-Known Member

1. Powerslave
    2. Number of the Beast

Wish AF would remaster the entire back catalogue. The 98 remasters are dreadful.

18. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Everything from before`80 up unto to 89 was gold to me.Including all of the B-sides.
    If you really want to put me up to it I`ll vote Live After Death and The # of the beast.

19. steveharris

Sad Wings Wins for priest.(another vote)
    Although I also love Class too.

20. Mr_TagoMago

Mr_TagoMago Well-Known Member

On a serious note I'd go with Stained Class but both are amazing.

21. steveharris

I`m actually more appreciative of Priest in the past several years than even before.I really love their live stuff from 81-84!
    Yes you`re right.There are quite a few deep tracks on Stained Class probably as great as any other widely heard song.I do love early Priest for sure!:cheers:

22. dennis1077

dennis1077 Forum Resident

I didn't hear most of the B-sides until the box set came out. It rekindled that excitement of hearing classic Maiden for the first time. Many of those B-Sides were just as good as anything on the albums.

23. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Iron Maiden
    Killers

All the Maiden I need...

24. Psychedelic Good Trip

Two killer lps..

25. weekendtoy

weekendtoy Rejecting your reality and substituting my own.

The Seventh Son tour was amazing. They had a giant Eddie on stage, as pictured on the CD. Towards the end of the show he blows the top of his head off. Good times.

I also like 2006's A Matter of Life and Death.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.