Santana MFSL 45 RPM LPs (Self Titled & Abraxas)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Grippy, Jun 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grippy

Grippy Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just pre-ordered Santana self titled 45 rpm from Amazon.co.jp (Cheaper shipping charges for me in Australia).
    I noticed it's available already from Music Direct, but Santana Abraxas 45 rpm 2lp set is gone from their listings!!!
    Acoustic Sounds still have it for pre-order but I think that if Music Direct (Owners of Mofi) don't list it anymore, is a goner.
    Shame really :shake:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    pinkrudy likes this.
  2. Grippy

BTW, the SACDs for BOTH titles are still available for pre-order at Music Direct and Acoustic Sounds.

3. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

Not necessarily. For example, Roger Waters' Amused to Death got delisted temporarily (by Acoustic Sounds, who own Analog Productions) but now it's back on track with a definite release date and even more formats available.

Grippy likes this.
  4. Grippy

Hopefully you're right.:agree:

5. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

ive been waiting for the abraxas 45rpm forever.
    since the 1st album was released im hoping its them trying to maximize sales of the 1st album or something.

Grippy likes this.
  6. 6l6klipsch

6l6klipsch Forum Resident

Has anyone heard the s/t 45rpm mofi yet?

7. Jimi Bat

Jimi Bat Forum Resident

The SACDs are called hybrid which means they have a cd layer that can be played on a regular cd player I hope.
    Is this correct and does anyone know who is doing the mastering?

8. wildchild

wildchild Active Member

All Mo-Fi' sacds are hybrid.

9. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

Yea, you're correct, these will play on a regular CD player. The mastering. I'm guessing Shawn Britton or Rob LoVerde? I think they do the majority of Mofis SACDs. If I'm wrong somebody please correct me.

10. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

i just broke down and bought the 33rpm....its very nice...needed abit of eq...and volume needs to be turned up.

will i buy the 45rpm when it comes out? idk...if i start to feel the 33rpm is lacking one day.

11. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Im holding out for the 78.

12. BrucePadgett

BrucePadgett Forum Resident

Wax cylinder for me.

Also waiting for Steve Hoffman's remastering of Fleetwood Mac's Rumours for wax as well.

I'm sorry.

13. audiorocks

audiorocks Forum Resident

Any word on Abraxas 45rpm release date?

Grippy likes this.
  14. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

it night be cancelled.. i don't see it up for preorder anymore.. its a shame too casue the S/T 45 RPM is AWESOME

15. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

I just checked SoundstageDirect and it's still available for pre-order.

16. audiorocks

audiorocks Forum Resident

Say it ain't so.

17. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Any word on the Abraxas 45 rpm set?
    Also wasn't there mention in the last Music Direct catalog of a new type of vinyl pressing in the works and Abraxas was to be the first title?

18. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

I think Mikey Fremer heard the Abraxas 45 RPM set at consumer elctronics show in January and said it sounded awesome.. it is not a D2D but it uses only 1 generation stamper from the "mother" from what i understand, so less generations are involved and i think it is supposed to be superior , Mike Fremer explains in the newest Stereophile that he is reviewing a new phono stage... i discussed it in another forum on here... as wel.. check out the newest MD Catalog and they explain how this new process works.. i can't wait for the special Abraxas 45 RPM set.. i think it might cost a little more than the 49.99...... i think it is coming real soon...

19. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

I recall seeing a price of $100 for the single-step pressing releases (not certain if they were 45RPM).

20. Grippy

I've just sent this email to Elusive Disc. I hope they know something....

Hi,
    Is there a chance that this long “available for pre-order” album will see the light of day?
    Some members at the Hoffman Forums are saying that it’s been discontinued and won’t be released at all.
    I just wanted some confirmation or your input on this before I finally placed an order with you after having the bloody thing staring at me from my favourites page for a couple of years!

Many thanks,

Edward

21. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Music Direct owns Mobile Fidelity, so you might have a better chance at getting an answer if you write to Music Direct than asking Elusive Disc.

22. Grippy

Fair enough:)

23. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Anybody know anything or hear anything about Abraxas ? Elusive is the only one still showing it up for pre order..:(

24. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

I bought the Abraxas SACD .. Hopefully they are still releasing the 45 RPM;)

25. daytona600

daytona600 Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.