Court Rules Plant, Page Must Face "Stairway to Heaven" Jury Trial/ Decision*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by segue, Apr 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

I care for my kids.
    I care about debunking the Queen idolatry on this forum.

2. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

It is, but it further underlines what an inherent circus this whole thing is. This is not being treated seriously because people know it is not to be taken seriously.

3. Dukes Travels

Dukes Travels Forum Resident

Ok, clichéd then. :)

4. zelox

zelox Well-Known Member

You're killing me. :laugh:

5. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

Funny, but you've debunked nothing whatsoever.
    And idolatry on this forum about Queen?... as opposed to other groups or artists, such as The Beatles or Bob Dylan, that are worshiped far more on this forum?

So you're essentially feeling left out because other people like a group that you don't, and you're predictably letting out your frustrations about that whenever Mercury, Queen or their songs are brought up. And that's what you care to do.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    showtaper, Dukes Travels and Cjb2233 like this.
  6. Dukes Travels

You haven't "debunked" anything though...
    How does one debunk idolatry anyway? :confused:

Sondek likes this.
  7. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

All props to their earworm 45. Ten more and they might be up there with the Monkees, at least as a singles band.

8. longaway

longaway Senior Member

I do/did. Just doing my part to have two less morons in the world. You're welcome.

Dukes Travels likes this.
  9. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

Ten more? So I take it you're unfamiliar with their greatest hits. Again, you're debunking nothing.

Unless you're purposefully trolling, and that ain't pretty: Internet Trolls Are Narcissists, Psychopaths, and Sadists »

10. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

I came to this thread for the "Taurus" suit, I stayed for the child-rearing vocabulary tips and Queen idolatry debunking!

11. Dukes Travels

I have a 6 year old. I love teaching her new words.
    I don't think pastiche is a particularly advanced word either. :shrug:

longaway and Sondek like this.
  12. Dukes Travels

I originally came for the taurus suit, left and came back to defend the honour of my Queen.
    Being British I felt compelled. :D

showtaper and longaway like this.
  13. Dukes Travels

I wouldn't take seriously someone who thinks Queens entire catalogue can be summed up by a couple of songs and who also thinks they are below The Monkees.
    If he's not trolling, he's bloody good at pretending he is.

longaway and Sondek like this.
  14. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

So quit trolling the Copyright thread by touting Queen. Sure they had some other hits, no acounting for taste, but only WWRY is up there with those by the Monkees.

S. P. Honeybunch likes this.
  15. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

You don't seem to understand the meaning of the word trolling > "In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community."

You're the one who's been doing that here. Read back.

16. zelox

zelox Well-Known Member

I think I'm getting a bigger kick out of this than the trial now. :winkgrin:

Dudley Morris likes this.
  17. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

I followed others off topic here. If folks can keep the Queen talk to one of the threads focused to that lame band, I will be glad to focus on copyright here.

18. zelox

zelox Well-Known Member

Don't stop now. The gallery wants blood. :evil:

19. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

Nope. You wrote "Bohemian Rhapsody is a pompous bore and the antithesis of everything good in rock", then went on to say "if someone praises it, I do my civic duty and debunk. It was entertaining exactly once, and that in the context of a first viewing of Waynes World."

You're out of your depth if you think you're debunking anything. From Wiki - "Bohemian Rhapsody" remains one of Queen's most popular songs and is frequently placed on modern lists of the greatest songs of all time. The single was accompanied by apromotional video, which many scholars consider ground-breaking.[8]Rolling Stone magazine states: "Its influence cannot be overstated, practically inventing the music video seven years before MTV went on the air."[9] In 2004, "Bohemian Rhapsody" was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame.[10] In 2012, the song topped the list on an ITV nationwide poll in the UK to find "The Nation's Favourite Number One" over 60 years of music.[11]

You're talking about a worldwide hit that stayed at number.1 for 9 weeks in the UK (and that was just the first time it was released) and has repeatedly topped polls.

But then, you probably know this, and you're just letting out your frustrations almost every time you see Mercury, Queen or their songs get a mention on this forum as you're feeling left out, or something. That's how it comes across.

Anyway, shall we get back on topic now?

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  20. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

Which is one way of looking at it. Another way to see it is that Bloomberg has a clever art department.

Sneaky Pete likes this.
  21. Dukes Travels

Good stuff!.
    Start a flame war and then abruptly distance yourself from any blame. :righton:

Sondek likes this.
  22. Dukes Travels

Wasting your time.
    You will just get more perfunctory responses.

23. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Yes defending Queen is a waste of time.

24. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

Again, you debunked nothing.

Then that amounts to trolling on Rfreeman's behalf. Given the studies on trolls, that's a no-win situation for him.

25. Matthew B.

Matthew B. Scream Quietly

So apparently the most upsetting thing you can say in a Zeppelin thread is that "Bohemian Rhapsody" isn't the definitive rock epic of all time.

The Trinity and Dudley Morris like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.