Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. BigGame

BigGame Forum Resident

Thank you, I fight with the dust all the time. :D

2. BigGame

BigGame Forum Resident

Thx.

Yes it is my lovely Yamaha M2

hifisoup likes this.
  3. hifisoup

hifisoup @hearmoremusic on Instagram

I had a M4 back in the day when they were current models along with their C4 pre-amp. A great sounding and looking combo. Wish I'd never sold them. I think the M4/M2 amps were two of the best looking amp designs ever.

4. BigGame

BigGame Forum Resident

I love this amp . Especially since it is made complete refresh sounds fabulous.
    For my taste it looks wonderful , although I prefer the look of my Mitsubishi DA - DA - A10 with the M10 .
    Unfortunately I never had the opportunity to listen Yamaha preamps.

5. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

Yeah, sure. But then isn't that what we're all looking for? Move this here, move that there. Get a bigger one. Get a smaller one. Etc. But I've never seen anyone come right out and say, "Oh man, your system's for $hit!" I've seen that on other sites, but not this one.

SandAndGlass and Vinyl Addict like this.
  6. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Any suggestions on a fan? I was thinking a small PC fan or 2

7. robbbby

robbbby Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Still looking for a stand for the tube amp and a floor rug to put down in front.

8. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

I'll bet that rig just kicks some serious axx!

Manimal and Kristofa like this.
  9. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

I would give Parts Express a call and let them know you need to move a good bit of air, and you would like to keep the fan as silent as possible. You might have to build a small wood frame for a fan bought at Parts Express. With mine, I had to go larger than a little computer fan, I actually bought a cheap clip on the shelf fan, and it moved plenty of air and was quiet on the medium speed. You can certainly opt for a "more professional" fan, but this cheap fan work for me for years, until I changed to a completely open rack, which is what I really suggest for you! Pictured is the cabinet I had mine closed up in. There are also components on both sides. :cop:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Beautiful! If you want some cool carpet options checkout FLOR carpet squares. Google them You can arrange to any size with tons of modern and traditional color options. Google them.

[​IMG]

ex_mixer, Kyhl, Joe Spivey and 8 others like this.
  11. murphythecat

murphythecat https://www.last.fm/user/murphythecat

damn! what a system!
    Your speakers seems awfully close to each other?
    since you have a dedicated room, will you treat the space?

12. Richard Austen

Richard Austen Forum Resident

ah yes the Audio Note double break in with them being fine in corners then sucking then going back in corners and being great again - it's a weird process. My apartment in Canada was on wood frame and it was an issue more for the people below me. My room had carpets and was generally stuffed and the J doesn't go quite as low. In HK - it's concrete everything so problem solved. I love that finish on the speakers - which DAC is that? I'm thinking the 3.1x is the way I will go down the line.

13. tyinkc

tyinkc Senior Member

Love the system! However I'm way to old and stiff to get down on the floor to spin vinyl!

Kristofa, Gavinyl, bluemooze and 2 others like this.
  14. robbbby

robbbby Forum Resident

That's awesome, thanks for sharing that. I've found a few rugs/carpets I like but they are all either too small for what I want or way too big. With this I could get the exact size I need, and some cool designs by the looks of it.

I'm a bit embarrassed, the room hasn't been properly setup. I did a lot of work to the room in the winter so everything came out. When I brought everything back in I guesstimated speaker position with the intent of properly setting everything up using the sumiko method. Life gets busy and since none of my friends are into audio it is hard to convince them to spend hours moving 100lb speakers around an inch at a time. When I have free time I enjoy spending it listening to music and not tinkering even though it is very far from optimal. One weekend very soon I am going to set aside some time to set it up. Lesson learned though, if you ever take your audio room apart, spend the time to carefully measure where everything is so that it's easy to put back together.

Haha, most people think i'm stupid to have it that low, and some nights I agree, but I personally don't care for tall stands and wall mounting it wouldn't work so well in my room.
    Having it that low keeps my legs in great shape!

toddrhodes likes this.
  15. Perfect sound forever

Perfect sound forever Well-Known Member

I wish there were many furniture shops that had these lovely amps enclosed.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  16. B_big!

B_big! Vinyl Record Enthusiast

( ( ( ( ( ((((((( .[​IMG]

It's quite small, but it's my realm:

. [​IMG]

. [​IMG]

. [​IMG]

. [​IMG]
    Box concept record storage self build November 2015.

barfko, BluTorch, jacchank and 48 others like this.
  17. royzak2000

royzak2000 Senior Member

B_big! likes this.
  18. chili555

chili555 Forum Resident

It's all one needs, really; turntable, electronics, one chair and 12,000 records. Nice to see you have your priorities in order!

19. Don Parkhurst

Don Parkhurst Forum Resident

I ended up picking up a DAC 4.1X/Balanced Signature and CDT3 from a fellow who was retiring and wanting to travel the world. He made an offer that couldn't be refused ; )

Richard Austen likes this.
  20. BKphoto

BKphoto JazzAllDay

thanks...I'm much happier after I simplified...

dadonred likes this.
  21. Eduardo Denaro

Eduardo Denaro Forum Resident

Nice to see we have another competent carpenter in the forum. There's a lot of weight resting above your table. Good thing you're not in earthquake territory. My room is nearly the exact same size. Quite easy to fill the whole room with sound . . . and records. I like your storage method.

B_big! likes this.
  22. I dig that curtain. Where'd you get it?

23. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

Can I ask, is there a kitchen and possibly the bed pulls out??? And what about the speakers, where do you have those hidden? How you have maximized the space is fantastic, and with the cool RCA Master's Voice, too cool.

B_big! likes this.
  24. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

OK, let me ease you in...

This is the superdooper hifi in my living room...

• Monoprice tube hybrid ChiFi amp, refurb purchased at a discounted for $100
    • Andrew Jones Pioneers, bought used on Craig's List for $40, sitting on used hockey pucks
    • TDK "BPC" CD recorder, bought new for like $100 fifteen years ago - it refuses to die!

It does what I need it to do, and my wife loves streaming music from her MacBook via Bluetooth!

[​IMG]

25. martinb4

martinb4 Forum Resident

Between 2/3 and 5/6 I think....