Mega concert planned: Young, McCartney, Stones, Dylan, Waters, Who (Desert Trip) *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Kevin j, Apr 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

That's a stretch and I think Macca was a "surprise" guest (and he only did 1 song, half of which was not heard). And The Stones didn't play together so apart from that you are close...

2. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

I thought that "sort of", "different venues" and "not QUITE" were enough qualifiers to jam into one sentence, but apparently I was wrong. :)

3. If they do not have cross-pollination of the musicians playing together - it's an artistic crime,

Really!

Is there a charity or cause that will benefit from this?

Will the 4 other bands pop up on the two bands that are playing one night and jam-collaborate?

Will we see A Day In the Life with Paul and Neil again?

Will we see and hear Only Love Can Break Your Heart from those two?

How about Dylan Backed by the Stones on Like A Rolling Stone?

Will,we hear Dylan and Macca duet on a fused Blowing In the Wind/Blackbird

Will we hear Bob with the remaining Who, on a a fire- breathing Won't Get Fooled Again?

Will you hear the Stones back McCartney on High High High?

Will Macca and band back Mick on a fusion of Get Back and Honkey-Tonk Women?

How about a full band roster singing We Love You /All You Need Is Love?

Back to back Michelle/Angie?

GRAND FINALE': End it with:RainyDay Woman-Baba O'Reilly-Like A Hurricane-Brown Sugar- Oh Darling/Day Tripper. ( a very heavy Who contributed DT)

4. redflag

redflag Forum Resident

Will there be an NCIS or Matlock break between bands? :hide:

smoke likes this.
  5. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

The worst that could happen would be all band members onstage for a finale of "I Shall Be Released." :sigh::rolleyes:

ted321 and Daryl M like this.
  6. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

As long as there are cell phone charging stations and good reception, at least for texting / sending pic because that is the most important thing.

Satchidananda likes this.
  7. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

From 2006. The mixing engineer placed his live vocal a little too high in the mix... if you listen it's just a whisper. There are plenty more, but start with this:

8. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Some info from Billboard magazine on the financials:

Sources say primary headliners the Stones, McCartney and Pink Floyd’s Waters will pull in between $7 million and $10 million each, while the “support” acts (an odd concept for legends like Dylan, Young and The Who) will well earn more than $1 million apiece. According to a source familiar with the talent layout, at least four of the acts will score the highest paydays of their respective careers.

SEE:
    Could the Stones-McCartney-Waters-Headlining Desert Trip Concert Rake In a Staggering $100 Million? »

9. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

They need the money......??

Play for free I say - !

10. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

Why?

11. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Doesn't sound like he's lip synching there...He's basically speaking the lyric while the backup singers do the heavy lifting. He couldn't hit those Roy Harper notes in the first place.

12. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Because- I said so.

13. brettster808

brettster808 Forum Resident

Has there already been discussion on whether it was considered for McCartney to perform on October 9th instead of the 8th? Big event, many of Lennon's friends and peers available for a Happy Birthday tribute (All You Need Is Love?). Seems it would be appropriate during a McCartney set. It would be odd to ignore his birthday at an event such as this.

14. cgw

cgw Forum Resident

It is the concert of the century! The 20th century.*
    If it were reasonably close to where I live I would have a hard time not going.

*Apologies if someone already made this joke. I didn't check.

15. fourfeathers

fourfeathers Forum Resident

Ah, what the hell, I'm going to try and make this trip work! The only way this is feasible for me is with a GA ticket, and while I'll surely be at least a football field away from the stage, I'm still giddy with excitement. The cynic within me be damned -- this will be a special weekend!

16. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

That's from the Dark Side of the Moon tour, I was asking about the In The Flesh Tour as it appeared you implied there was heavy lip syncing on that tour as well.

17. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I doubt Macca will "ignore" Lennon's birthday. He always does a John tribute anyway, and one assumes this show will represent his standard setlist.

Paul can still acknowledge John's birthday on the 8th - it's not like he can only mention it on the 9th! :D

brettster808 and theMess like this.
  18. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

I wondered if the Stones insisted on being the first name on the poster. Meaning they are the Friday headliner.

19. keifspoon

keifspoon Senior Member

Wow! A quarter of Floyd will make 7-10 million to only 1+ million for half a Who! :eek:

vitorbastos123 likes this.
  20. azjvm05

azjvm05 Forum Resident

I'm sure it will work out fine and wind up being very memorable. If you've never been to Indio / Coachella area, it's great. It will probably still be very warm. But I think the promoters will run a good festival.

bluejeanbaby likes this.
  21. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, like you said earlier the only one I knew of from the ITF tour was "Every Stranger's Eyes".

22. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

23. SKean

SKean Forum Resident

Pink Floyd minus Roger Waters is like The Who minus Townshend, Moon, Daltrey, Entwhistle--altho we're more then 50% there
    with the current Who. The David Gilmour Band (post-Waters Floyd) sucks to me; it's the same slow blah Gilmour seems to require
    when he & his lead parts take the lead / center stage....

24. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Stones got $10m for SARStock in 2003 and Dylan has done million dollar corporate gigs.

Neil must have got a very nice check for Hyde Park 2009.

25. Satchidananda

Satchidananda Forum Resident

...and free wifi, or we might have another woodstock mess on our hands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.