Beyoncé -- "Lemonade" -- Surprise New Album -- Tidal Exclusive

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by auto, Apr 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The7thStranger

The7thStranger Part of the Rhythm Nation

Sucks that Azealia Banks mars down legitimate opinion with her other random, intelligible tirades.

JohnnyQuest and Marble Index like this.
  2. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

Moderator Note:

If you don't like Beyonce or Pop music of this type and have nothing positive to contribute, then please refrain from commenting in this thread, all you are doing is spoiling things for those that do.

JL6161, SITKOL'76, scotth and 2 others like this.
  3. SITKOL'76

SITKOL'76 Forum Resident

The album has thus far debuted at the top of the charts of 8 countries, top 5 in 15 and top 10 in 18.

4. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Most modern pop songs are based on one chord, or no chords. Just a drum loop (808 of course) and maybe a really repetitive bass line. I just know Beyonce could sing and has sung some stuff that's much more complex than this new album. Lyrics aside, there isn't much going on musically. (Note to Gorts. Not slamming pop music in general. I wanted to like this album by Beyonce. I like what she's done in the past).

DrBeatle and SITKOL'76 like this.
  5. SITKOL'76

SITKOL'76 Forum Resident

What's your favorite Beyonce album?

6. Lownote30

B'Day.

SITKOL'76 and ralphb like this.
  7. SITKOL'76

SITKOL'76 Forum Resident

Great album, I guess you prefer the more funky/R&B Beyonce.

8. Lownote30

You nailed it! The funkier, the better.

Marble Index and SITKOL'76 like this.
  9. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

As of now, that's also my favorite. Haven't had time to really listen to the new one, so my opinion may change.

Lownote30 and SITKOL'76 like this.
  10. JackDVD78

JackDVD78 Forum Resident

I agree with those that feel that Lemonade is a departure for the Beyoncé sound we were used to, but I will say the buildup waiting wondering what the album was going to be like not even Formation prepared me. (Formation is almost a culmination of the entire album woven into one song IMO) I felt like taking in the album as part of the visual HBO special was a great intro. I will say the more I listen to the album the fewer tracks that I tend to repeat a lot. Not a bad thing but this is a mood album more than her last self titled album that even after its Dec 2013 release still is fresh and doesn't bore me. Lemonade is a deeper album and has a lot to it, but I do like its simplistic approach to sound on many tracks.

Is there any chance the album will get a CD/ BLU release like Beyoncé eventually did. (with very little notice or fanfare which probably hurt sales) I really want the best audio and video and I feel like that DVD with the CD will leave a lot to be desired. Let's not forget her last album won a Grammy for Best Multichannel album and that had to be because of the Blu-Ray quality.

SITKOL'76 likes this.
  11. SITKOL'76

SITKOL'76 Forum Resident

Physical released tommorow

12. JackDVD78

JackDVD78 Forum Resident

Yeah for the CD / DVD. (Beyoncé album the BLU combo was released at a later date)... was just wondering what the chances of a CD/BLU combo would be. :)

SITKOL'76 likes this.
  13. SITKOL'76

SITKOL'76 Forum Resident

14. JohnnyQuest

JohnnyQuest Forum Resident

15. zen

zen Senior Member

Concerned for her fans well-being I see. ;)

16. SITKOL'76

SITKOL'76 Forum Resident

17. SITKOL'76

SITKOL'76 Forum Resident

She's already back to #1 on Itunes, shell be back to #1 on the charts. Beyonce's albums have far more longevity and she's a veteran artist compared to Drake.

18. JohnnyQuest

Yeah but Drake seems to be the more popular artist atm. I wouldn't be surprised if "Views" continues to outsell Lemonade.

19. SITKOL'76

SITKOL'76 Forum Resident

He is by far the more popular artist currently, he's more current, Beyoncé's been around since the late 90's but going by how their last albums sold Beyonce might sell more in the long run, especially is she plans to promote. BEYONCE outsold NWTS in the US and WW.

20. JohnnyQuest

That was a few years ago and that album was far more conventional and accessible than Lemonade.

21. SITKOL'76

SITKOL'76 Forum Resident

Well I guess we'll see but she has overtakes him on Itunes and is already expected to return to #1 the next week so...

22. JohnnyQuest

Look at the itunes top 10 and tell me who you see at #1. ;)

23. SITKOL'76

SITKOL'76 Forum Resident

Drake's One Dance, the song

24. JohnnyQuest

I see "Views" on the top albums list. :)

25. SITKOL'76

SITKOL'76 Forum Resident

Yeah I just saw that, she had overtaken him in international markets like the UK but in the US I guess he may be #1 for the comming weeks. His single will also go #1 next week so I guess Drake will be #1 in everything :p good for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.