The Doors' Robby Krieger Talks 50th Anniversary Plans, Re-Releases & Newly Unearthed Recordings

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, Sep 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Add the LA Woman outtakes, I'd sign off on that as well.

2. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

I love it

ruben lopez, the sands and zphage like this.
  3. Pats Radio

Pats Radio A Doors Enthusiast

With newly found Paris Blues.

4. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

I still want it.

The fact is, Morrison made it, it's his vision, and it deserves release.

The problem is that nobody knows how to commodify it, which Morrison himself expressed in an interview.

asdf35 likes this.
  5. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Who's taking that bet?

6. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

Hwy is not good at all.
    We'll see if 2017 is "The Year Of The Doors."

andrewskyDE and SteveM like this.
  7. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

theres tons of la woman outtakes. i made a cd from them...
    here is one with the most
    http://www.amazon.com/L-Woman-40th-...qid=1462478142&sr=1-1&keywords=doors+la+woman

and the cd from the perception box has 2 bonus track
    Doors - Perception (6CD/6DVD, Boxset) - Amazon.com Music »

you can buy these two from itunes only...
    10. "L.A. Woman (Take 1)"
    11. "Crawling King Snake (Run-Through and Studio Chatter)"

you can buy these from amazon mp3
    10. "Love Her Madly (Take 1)"
    11. "The Changeling (Take 9)"

this set has a demo of hyacinth house
    Essential Rarities - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia »
    this doors box also has it The Doors: Box Set - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia »

theres plenty la woman stuff.

asdf35 likes this.
  8. lovemygirl

lovemygirl Forum Resident

Pats radio -

I place that bet , next year their is one release . That's all folks

9. PacificOceanBlue

There are apparently another 2-3 CDs of outtakes from the LA Woman session reels.

andrewskyDE and John Fell like this.
  10. PacificOceanBlue

Wouldn't that be something? The last similar campaign was such a smashing success!

HWY is plodding, but fairly interesting on some level as a look into Morrison's creative process and the period. While not great by any stretch of the imagination, it would be nice to have it in improved picture quality.

11. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Also, there is the instrumental Texas Radio And The Big Beat, first released on spotify, but now also for sale on this digital compilation: Amazon.com: Behind Closed Doors - The Rarities: The Doors: MP3 Downloads »

The rest of that set is made up of tracks from Box Set and Perception bonus tracks, plus all the LA Woman outtakes mentioned above.

pinkrudy likes this.
  12. silverhead

silverhead Give them an inch and they will take a mile

Can anybody tell me if there is any audio/video of the four shows the doors played at the forum in mexico.I would have thought there would have been soundboards of these "historic concerts"floating about.

13. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

so you heard everything i mentioned and still yearn for more?

andrewskyDE and Fullbug like this.
  14. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

I'm guessing you don't rate this stuff too highly?

I'm with you there. In fact, LA Woman, though certainly a strong album, doesn't appeal to me all that much. Meanwhile, if the Roadhouse Blues sessions are any indication, I'd love a box of Morrison Hotel outtakes. I recently relistened to the album, and man it's brilliant, front to back. Even the two outtakes that they threw on, Waiting For The Sun and Indian Summer, are very strong tracks. It's almost silly that they let them languish as long as they did, while coming up with some inferior tracks, but at the same time, they put them to good use.

also, the Doors never did Queen Of The Highway live, but it seems Robby never did it either. With and now without Ray, he would do some unexpected songs, like Love Street, that go down well. I'd love to see him do Queen Of The Highway now.

15. Pats Radio

Lol. More than one. There might be one in Q4 this year but looking like more Q1 in 2017 for first release. Fog and Matrix are coming for sure. IOW too.

16. mtruslow

mtruslow Forum Resident

Haven't the Doors milked this cow enough?

17. Pats Radio

Money beats soul.

ruben lopez and S. P. Honeybunch like this.
  18. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

i love the album but all that released stuff sheds perfect light on it...85min worth...i dont see the need to ask for more ..especially like you said of much prefering morrison hotel session stuff as the next well to tap.

SteveM and revolution_vanderbilt like this.
  19. PacificOceanBlue

Yes.

andrewskyDE and Pats Radio like this.
  20. lovemygirl

There's one main release for 2017 , I heard maybe , maybe two that's all .... I'll place my bet on one release.... Minus reissues or cd 's converted to LPs

21. lovemygirl

For me before iow or London fog I like the bill gram recording missing the drums. Would John re record his part? Not likely any time soon..... Matrix a must but it's not next....I also heard thru the grape vine the next release will take up 2 CDs

22. lovemygirl

Funny thing is my uncle knew Paul who had a house in englewood cliffs nj and recordings he held for himself, I would like those released before anything else, only thing is ray manzarek vocals are up front so to speak but I dig it

23. lovemygirl

The end is the perfect example, after the movie became mainstream .... Look out

24. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective

2 CDs...that would mean still sime of the unreleased Absolutely live gigs...Seattle maybe?
    For those insiders...what's the next rumoured release?

25. PacificOceanBlue

Just to be clear, there are no additional unreleased Absolutely Live gigs, all the Absolutely Live tapes have been released. Seattle is not a multitracked show, and it is unlikely to get an official, physical release regardless. As far as I know, there are no genuine "insiders" participating in this thread, but the rumored possible releases are still the same: Matrix, Fog, IOW, and perhaps another reissue of the core six Morrison-era albums with bonus tracks. Looks like the LA Woman outtakes are a dead issue. Bakersfield and Seattle are unlikely. It is unclear if the band even has the heavily booted Swedish radio broadcast tapes.

Fullbug likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.