Film sequels you wish had been made?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by alexpop, Dec 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I'm sure they would have absolutely no problem getting Murray to do that...lol!

2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits.... Thread Starter

Agree.
    Too many fast $$$ turkeys.
    He doesn't deserve the honor anymore.

Jrr likes this.
  3. I'm in for The Black Gestapo Rises Again. Can't have enough naziblaxpolitation movies out there.

head_unit likes this.
  4. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Vileness Fats II

5. entropyfan

entropyfan Forum Resident

I want to see the Dude again.

[​IMG]

Ghostworld likes this.
  6. Borgia

Borgia Do not speak wisely of this night

I'm waiting for Super Troopers II...

7. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

FLASH GORDON 2

Grunge Master, bferr1 and SonOfAlerik like this.
  8. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

Invasion of the body snatchers, The Thing

9. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

Too late......

[​IMG]

10. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

They could replace him with a Romulan.

11. Hexwood

Hexwood Forum Resident

Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator

12. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

It would be cool to see an eye poppingly well done Dr. Who film.
    Supposedly Ridley Scott has re-titled the next Alien film Alien Covenant (but maybe this is old news and there is a newer title...).
    From the Hollywood reporter:
    The synopsis reads, "Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in Alien with Alien: Covenant, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with Prometheus — and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world — whose sole inhabitant is the 'synthetic' David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition."
    The synopsis includes the first official mention of Prometheus being the first in a prequel trilogy to the Alien franchise; Scott has previously suggested that the sequence could potentially run to four movies. (Neill Blomkamp remains working on a separate Alien project, produced by Scott, that takes place after James Cameron's 1986 sequel Aliens.)
    When I was first thinking about this, I knew another film was in the works (due sometime around Oct. 2017) but I didn't know he was going this far with it.
    I was actually also thinking that he could go beyond the first two films picking up after Aliens, I have always thought the films after that were pretty sad and that they did not reflect his more intelligent approach at all.
    That original film was a classic set up for some great SF, Aliens was a great film in it's own right but it didn't take the story anywhere.

How about Death Race 2000? With Will Ferrell, Bryan Cranston and Peter Dinklage..?...

An associate of Philip K. Dick actually did write 4 book sequels to Bladerunner:

Blade Runner 2: The Edge of Human (1995) is a science fiction novel by K. W. Jeter, and a continuation of both the film Blade Runner, and the novel upon which it was based, Philip K. Dick's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    That would be the first novel.
    Scott's film is really his own creation and much different than the book, His vision is essential for that story to continue. Phil Dick died something like 2 weeks after seeing a screening of the film back in 1992, but was really happy with the film and was thoroughly stoked with what Scott did with the book.
    There is supposed to be a film in 'development' but without Scott I think the Alien syndrome may kick in.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  13. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

so dredd II is happening?

14. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

History of the World, Part 2
    Airplane III

15. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Sorry, Freddy Mercury is dead. Well, they could use the exact same theme song.

Makes me wonder, have any movie sequels used the exact same performance of the theme song?

16. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Jason Statham could play the title role, ha ha. OR how about Lil' Wayne, i.e. "Smoking," instead of across all those states they are trying to get out of New York after busting him out from Rikers Island...

CrazyCatz likes this.
  17. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

"Time Bandits" - I love that movie and I think the premise would have allowed for a decent sequel.

sunspot42, CrazyCatz and head_unit like this.
  18. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Now the sequel I would really want to see would be Princess Diaries III while Julie Andrews is still alive. Find a cameo for Dick Van Dyke so as to work in a Mary Poppins joke. And bring back Raven because...well, because...OK, never mind, forget it. But they gotta do the mattress surfing again!

I'd also like to see 2061 and even 3001 as a follow-up to 2010 even though I know that movie was not a box office standout. I really liked the heck out of it, and still do for that matter.

A tough-to-imagine-the-plot but cool sequel could be Studio Ghibli's Kiki's Delivery Service

19. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Me neither, except for the funny picture with the Kazakhstan hat. His expression is so...something. Weird.

20. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

Jaws 7-8 & 9

21. Well yes the early Bond films.

22. R. Cat Conrad

R. Cat Conrad Almost Famous

Jaws 1 & 2 + Sharknado 1-5, ...just two more to go! :winkgrin:

:cheers:
    Cat

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Charlie & The Great Glass Elevator

24. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

Haven't seen Man from Uncle, but agree on the A-Team movie. I thought it captured the essence of the show without the cast trying to imitate the original actors and had a pretty decent plot. I'm surprised it did so poor box office wise.

aussievinyl likes this.
  25. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

Actually, I would have liked to have seen Nick Meyer collaborate with Wise. Wise reinvented the visual feel and Meyer reinvented the asthetic moving further away from the shackles Roddenberry put on the first one. Would have been interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.