Prince, R. I. P.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mr._mojo_filter, Apr 21, 2016.

1. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

I'm pretty sure bashing of any religion, were it to actually occur, is covered by forum rules and remedies.

Larry Graham is on his own.

eileen and Grant like this.
  2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

On top of that, what hospital administrator is going to have that on the front page? Prince would sue them. Apparently, the hospital recommended that he stay for observation but didn't see any reason to hold him against his will. If it were you or me, they probably would have referred us to rehab service or notified the police, but it was Prince!

3. Grant

As long as religious people don't try to force me to live under the tenets of their faith, i'm cool with whatever religion one wants to practice as long as they also do not hurt or exploit other human beings or animals.

zobalob, Dan Steely and Cubbiegirl like this.
  4. Grant

What I think a lot of people keep forgetting is that wealthy people have the ability to push those people who would care enough away and keep yes-people around. Does no one remember the lessons of Michael Jackson?

Cubbiegirl likes this.
  5. Cubbiegirl

Cubbiegirl Forum Resident

Ha ! And she's giving it right back to him...

zebop and Nostaljack like this.
  6. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

There's no need to bash Larry Graham. His worst offense are those last three Graham Central Station albums :)

Nostaljack likes this.
  7. Cubbiegirl

Me too ! My reference to LG was not an attack, I was referring to his intensity in his belief.

8. Nostaljack

Nostaljack Resident R&B enthusiast

Those who don't know Larry Graham personally can't go there. Attempting to do so is really silly.

Ed

9. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

I know there's no NEED. I can stop anytime I want.

arem and eileen like this.
  10. Nostaljack

But you don't know him. If you haven't met him, why go there? You know nothing. Bashing someone you don't know only speaks to you, not your target.

Ed

11. Nostaljack

See? There you go! That is an informed opinion, kids...LOL!

Ed

12. Grant

It would have been better if he had said "some" or "a few". Indeed, there are some people like this, but I think they are a rather small minority of people, but they offend me just as much as seventeen's comments offended you. Actually, his words offend me too because not all conservatives are like that, as you point out, and i'm not a conservative!

What seventeen is reacting to are the very vocal ones who like to make their distaste for Prince known.

Darksolstice likes this.
  13. Dino

Dino Forum Resident

I've noticed quite a few people, around here, think these words are interchangeable. Usually they are people who listen to a lot of AM talk radio. It seems like the word vegan can be spit out sounding almost like a curse word. That wouldn't really work as well with the word vegetarian.

Grant and sunspot42 like this.
  14. Grant

It's going to be fun to see how this plays out. Hey! Sinead O'Connor likes a certain kind of activity with...:D Could this be a possible settlement?

Naaaaaaa! :D

15. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

Ha! Thanks Ed :)

16. eileen

eileen Forum Resident

I don't believe his 2nd wife has ever publicly stated why she left him (and probably couldn't have, legally).

I imagine Larry Graham would say he had a parity relationship with Prince. However Prince didn't have a track record of showing much interest in parity relationships, generally, with men or women (afaik).

17. Grant

Again: his religion does not forbid surgery. They only forbid blood transfusions from donors. One could probably donate their own plasma ahead of the surgery.

And, while always wearing platform shoes since he was a teenager, that probably wasn't his only cause of hip pain. Also, does anyone know if he ever had the hip replacement surgery in the 00s? There have been conflicting reports Some say he did, some say he didn't.m Hip replacements may not always work.

Nostaljack likes this.
  18. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

That...depends. Some JW's are OK with banking their own blood, some aren't and won't accept any transfusion or blood products - even their own.

19. Grant

EVOLVIST likes this.
  20. Grant

That makes sense too, in that mistakes can happen.

21. Grant

No, they didn't say he switched, just that he wasn't a vegan, as has been popularly repeated.

22. Grant

I never heard that! I do know that people who vape don't like them as much as the more elaborate contraptions. There have also been cases of them exploding.

23. Grant

No, he didn't. In the late 80s, his financial advisors sounded the alarm because he was spending money like crazy. A lot of people with money go through a period of being irresponsible with money until something reels them in, like bounced checks or creditors.

24. Grant

Thing is, Prince was so private that he kept things from his closest friends. Every one of us have secrets and activities that no one close to us know about.

25. Cubbiegirl

Speaking of Arsenio...

spinout66, MikaelaArsenault and Grant like this.