Prince, R. I. P.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mr._mojo_filter, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

OK, i'm caught up now. See you later! :)

2. Cubbiegirl

Cubbiegirl Forum Resident

Well actually, if you knew the conversation it was silly...

3. bluejeanbaby

bluejeanbaby Forum Resident

Between the death of his son and the JW? The grieving process does not have a timeline. It's a gradual thing.

He has denied it? Must have realized he was exaggerating, when everyone began to quote it.

Recall that they couldn't seem to find a private room. If they were able to, maybe he would have stayed, who knows.

4. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

True, dat. But, bottom line, they still released him.

5. eileen

eileen Forum Resident

The "couldn't find a private room" story was part of the "Prince has the flu" story, and I think just as accurate.

Cubbiegirl likes this.
  6. Cubbiegirl

Ok... This is what confused me ...,first he states complete vegan...
    Then in a later George Lopez interview he says vegetarian ...

Vegetarian Entertainers - Vegetarian - ProCon.org »

7. Cubbiegirl

^^^ THIS ^^^

Grant and zebop like this.
  8. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

The more I hear about Prince's later years & health problems, the more I respect him as a performer. It can't have been easy to project that authority on stage with the problems that he was dealing with.

bluejeanbaby and Purple Jim like this.
  9. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

He was already a deeply religious man anyway. I was watching the Lovesexy show last night and it's full of glory to the God above (The Cross, Anastasia, the dialogue at the end of I Wish You Heaven,...), plus the huge neon cross above the stage.

bluejeanbaby and EVOLVIST like this.
  10. moops

moops Senior Member

I've been away from here for a few days and reading the last 5 or so pages is kind of confusing ..... a high heels conspiracy, Larry Graham is some kind of svengali ...... anything actually official yet ?

zebop and fishcane like this.
  11. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

I am neither but I know people who are and they sometimes switch between the two.
    To be 100% vegan is not easy, especially if you travel a lot for example. I dried to be a vegetarian once (many years ago) and lasted 10 months.

TonyCzar, Grant and Cubbiegirl like this.
  12. Cubbiegirl

That had to be hard !

13. DJ LX

DJ LX Forum Resident

Years ago I had heard he was a vegan in the media. This perception was backed up to a reference he made to using soy milk in one of the songs off of Emancipation. There's a considerable amount of confusion amongst the public as to what terms vegan and vegetarian mean. For instance, I would never have guessed that a vegan can't eat honey, until I ran into a vegan at Whole Foods who set me straight. It makes sense though.

Grant likes this.
  14. Cubbiegirl

That's kinda what I'm getting from the article...

15. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

It's just so sad! He died alone and likely in pain. The footage of his final minutes is beginning to circulate. The elevator had a camera going aparently.

16. Tom B

Tom B Forum Resident

Errr, what????

jwb1231970 likes this.
  17. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Yeah, I saw the pictures from the video - so sad and tragic.

18. eileen

eileen Forum Resident

If you're talking about the Enquirer stuff, that's a re-enactment, which is listed in tiny letters on their print version. That's the only thing I've heard of out there so far.

(that's not to say that if they did get a copy of the video, it won't leak, but haven't heard of that happening so far.)

19. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Oh ok, that's what I saw I think. I didn't pick it up and read it, just saw the picture on the cover.

20. eileen

eileen Forum Resident

Looking at a few other articles, appears they cop to it being a re-enactment on the spine of the mag, which is even harder to see and more shady.

Cubbiegirl likes this.
  21. I believe that's correct. It appears there is cc-tv video in the complex, but the police got that and (rightly) confiscated. However, the knowledge that the footage does exist led to the re-enactment. Will admit to the tiniest amount of morbid curiosity, but I hope this stays hidden and isn't somehow made public.

bluejeanbaby likes this.
  22. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

Ugh. I think that would be mentally scarring for me to watch. I hope it doesn't surface.

DrAftershave, bluejeanbaby and Terry like this.
  23. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Senior Member

Short answer, those were the cuts that I liked the most, but when I played them together, they sounded like they could go together, so I re-arranged them a little to flow like an album. The two albums originally were pegged as one guitar-heavy album and one funk album, and listened in total they definitely seemed that way, but once you take these nine out of context, there's actually quite a bit of stylistic overlap.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  24. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

25. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Everything was better in the movie!

After "Beautiful Night", I might pick "Play in the Sunshine" as the next most improved song...